Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones YouTube channel content blocked in the US?
Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: October 30, 2015 14:58

Anybody else notice this?

Re: Rolling Stones YouTube channel content blocked in the US?
Date: October 30, 2015 15:02

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 30, 2015 16:19

It's weird. I saw that and JUST SHOOK MY HEAD.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: October 30, 2015 16:38

Yes, Eagle Rock has complained to YT about Stones content they have released or will release in the future.

Date: October 30, 2015 16:40

Even though... I dunno, it's been on YT for eons or it will be on YT at some point... for eons.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 30, 2015 18:30

Eagle's not the only one cracking down.
LOADS of Hendrix video's have been removed.
And just last week I watched and listened to a very well made Beatles' Tomorrow Never Knows in Mono video - there were literally dozens to choose from.
A day later I went back on youtube to share the link on the "What are you listening" thread, and it was blocked.
Eventually found a decent one with Spanish subtitles to post, so they didn't catch everything! Esos bastardos estúpidos! cool smiley

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: October 30, 2015 18:39

That's good news. That indicates that will finally release the videos on dvd/blu-ray.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 30, 2015 18:44

I had this email last week from YouTube

We’re writing to you because one or more of your videos is no longer viewable in the United States due to a pre-existing claim by a copyright owner.

The videos listed below are being affected by this. Each video title links to more information.

Stripped 3
Stripped 5
The Rolling Stones Stray Cat Blues and No Expectations Hyde Park 1969 complete
Stripped 4
It’s our goal to make as much great content as possible available to as many people as possible, so we’re actively working with copyright owners to restore these videos in the US – for both ad-supported viewers and members of YouTube Red. We sincerely hope that this is a temporary situation, and very much appreciate your patience.
- The YouTube Team
CLAIMANT: Eagle Rock.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 31, 2015 20:56

It's something to do with the introduction of YouTube Red (an ad-free YT which you pay money to access) - which Eagle Rock have chosen to put all their Stones content on, thus making it in some way unavailable to ordinary YT viewers. Since YT Red is presumably only available in North America, only North America is affected. It's good to hear that this isn't the way Eagle Rock want things to stay for ever!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 31, 2015 21:14

Green Lady
It's something to do with the introduction of YouTube Red (an ad-free YT which you pay money to access) - which Eagle Rock have chosen to put all their Stones content on, thus making it in some way unavailable to ordinary YT viewers. Since YT Red is presumably only available in North America, only North America is affected. It's good to hear that this isn't the way Eagle Rock want things to stay for ever!

Yuck. I don't buy that Eagle Rock or YouTube has any intentions of making content that they have monetized eventually available for free. This is likely just part of a push to get even more people to sign up for the Red option and will probably be accompanied by even more irritating ads on the free videos. And if successful will likely result in similar actions in other countries, imo.

Date: October 31, 2015 21:17

$10 a month for YouTube Red.

It'll show up somewhere else.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 31, 2015 21:28

They stomped my shot of MR from Tel Aviv.

Official Stones Website
Posted by: randallsdad ()
Date: October 31, 2015 17:19

Has anyone else had problems playing the videos on the official website? They don't play for me on any computer I have in my house. I love playing the Hamptons Road video with the backstage footage at the beginning. If you haven't seen it you simply must. Please respond if you can't play the vids either. Otherwise I'll try to figure out what's wrong on my end.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Official Stones Website
Date: October 31, 2015 17:32

The video is not available is what it says.

Probably some copyright infringement thing with Eagle Rock even though IT'S ON THE STONES' WEBSITE.

Re: Official Stones Website
Date: October 31, 2015 18:17

Also see here:
[www.iorr.org]

Date: November 3, 2015 14:27

The Hola extension for Chrome does a nice job of fixing this problem for me. I am back to watching the YouTube videos I love.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 3, 2015 21:29

a good ole money grab ,$10 bucks yeah okay .i was already told folks are working on this as we speak !

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 3, 2015 21:51

TheGreek
a good ole money grab ,$10 bucks yeah okay .i was already told folks are working on this as we speak !

We have top men working on it. Top Men....

Date: November 3, 2015 22:24

TheGreek

I'm assuming that you're not going to cancel your YTRed subscription after just a month, so let's assume you let it go for a year- that's $120 you're bound to never see again. Ironic that the same place most of us flock to save some ca$h by 'previewing' music is now presenting a paid-option for us, as well as tearing down hard to find videos (like the Stones tour clips/music videos).

Date: November 4, 2015 00:21

punkfloyd
The Hola extension for Chrome does a nice job of fixing this problem for me. I am back to watching the YouTube videos I love.

Thanks punkfloyd! Obviously this is a great and free solution to the problem!

Hard to imagine Google would provide such an app when it so clearly bypasses copyright laws and claims but there it is!

Green Lady we obviously have a Top Man working on the problem....punkfloyd. smoking smiley

Date: November 4, 2015 01:28

Naturalust
punkfloyd

Thanks punkfloyd! Obviously this is a great and free solution to the problem!

Hard to imagine Google would provide such an app when it so clearly bypasses copyright laws and claims but there it is!

Green Lady we obviously have a Top Man working on the problem....punkfloyd. smoking smiley

Particularly when Google owns YouTube!

Date: November 4, 2015 13:46

PROTIP: Disable Hola when not using it to improve YouTube experience. It is technically a VPN (virtual private network) that routes your YT connection through a different country.

I have heard that keeping this VPN open all the time has potential drawbacks that are being debated.

Read for yourself: [hola.org]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 5, 2015 04:50

From the Stones' app:

Date: November 5, 2015 05:23

punkfloyd
PROTIP: Disable Hola when not using it to improve YouTube experience. It is technically a VPN (virtual private network) that routes your YT connection through a different country.

I have heard that keeping this VPN open all the time has potential drawbacks that are being debated.

Read for yourself: [hola.org]

thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2288
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home