Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: June 23, 2008 13:36

FLAC/ZIP

Mainly soundboard, with some audience to fill the gaps.

Part I

[rapidshare.de]

Eulogy for Brian
I'm Yours and I'm Hers (I'm Yours and She's Mine)
Jumping Jack Flash
No Expectations
Mercy Mercy
Stray Cat Blues
I'm Free
Down Home Girl
Love in Vain
Loving Cup

Part 2[rapidshare.de]

Midnight Rambler
Satisfaction
Honky Tonk Women
Street Fightin'Man
Sympathy

Vox and others -- I'm sorry, I have no notes and can't recall the version, but it's "supposedly" complete. It has 15 tracks on one disc, so I'm thinking some in-between song patter (that might be on some other versions) was edited. Soundboard (although a bit dry) except Down Home Girl and portions of Satisfaction and SFM. As a performance, it is a bit sloppy and out of tune, but there moments when it's very powerful, I think..

Here's a single file (No Expectations) if you want to check the sound without downloading the bigger zip files:

[rapidshare.de]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-23 17:07 by texas fan.

Re: POST: Hyde Park 1969
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: June 23, 2008 14:52

Which version is this?

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: June 23, 2008 22:47

Texasfan, are you sure with the order of the songs?
I haven' t download it so far but there are some tracks who aren' t in the order as they are played on the concert.
I have a version of SODD, VGP and one from Living legend.
VGP and SODD has different track order with No expectations and Honky tonk women and Living legend has 16 tracks with Backstage rehearsal for I' m yours as the first song. The others match the tracklist exactly.

Date: June 24, 2008 00:48

Rolling On...Great question, but no, I'm not sure. I'm sure that the way I listed it is the way it is on my cdr. I would suggest Gazza's set list page at Rocks Off as a better source for set lists.

I do care whether the songs are in the proper order as played,, but I never thought to check this one...never questioned it...

Date: June 24, 2008 01:31

Rolling On and others:

It looks like you may be right. I couldn't find Hyde Park on Gazza's set list page, but here's how Nico lists the songs played:

Adonais [Eulogy for Brian Jones]
I'm Yours And I'm Hers
Jumping Jack Flash
Mercy Mercy
Stray Cat Blues
No Expectations
I'm Free
Down Home Girl
Love In Vain
Loving Cup
Honky Tonk Women
Midnight Rambler
Satisfaction
Street Fighting Man
Sympathy For The Devil

This matches the VGP info: HTW goes before Rambler and No Expectations is after Stray Cat Blues.

Thought I'd offer this just in case someone wants to adjust the track order, assuming Nico is correct, and I trust that site more than a cdr for which I have no notes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-24 01:50 by texas fan.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: June 24, 2008 02:45

texas fan, for what it's worth, the TSP release 'Hyde Park 1969' is a two cd set with each cd matching downloading parts one and two respectively.

[Also the tracklist in your first post matches the one on the cd]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-24 03:37 by Sohoe.

Date: June 24, 2008 02:47

Gazza's setlist page has Hyde Park '69 listed under 'Miscellaneous Non-Tour Concerts' [rocksoff.org]

Date: June 24, 2008 03:39

Thanks, Sohoe. That's interesting...as I said above, mine is on one cd. Running time is 79:10

Date: June 24, 2008 12:02

Your welcome, texas fan.

<<Running time is 79:10>>

The TSP running time is 77 min.

You might have noticed the difference between Nico's and the Rocks Off's setlist. I found a report on the gig in NME, and the order of songs in that article seems to match Nico's better than the RO one.

Date: June 24, 2008 13:31

dph was working on the ultimate version of this, don't recall any word of him finishing it tho.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Bierzo ()
Date: June 24, 2008 22:49

Is there any artwork for this? Thanks in advance

Posted by: SeanC ()
Date: June 25, 2008 02:18

we need a decent bitrate or flac with some nice artwork - who can tell me what is the very best release of this recording quality wise?
Cheers!

Date: June 25, 2008 02:46

Sean, I regret that my attempt to satisfy your request was not satisfactory. No one else responded, and I did the best I could. I'm sure you understand...

Date: June 25, 2008 16:36

Sean, there's a link in this thread to a re-upped torrent, still not quite 100% but so close to being perfect from the sources we've got

[www.iorr.org]

texas fan, when this request first showed up I went looking to see what I had & I've got six different posts of the darned show, all slightly different sonically, the different order was an issue in 2 of them, I even had a vinyl rip complete with huge clicks from the good old days of WinMX. I then remembered the version watchit was working on ages ago so I tried to get the ball rolling getting that one out again, hence the new torrent @ Hugercity

Date: June 25, 2008 18:03

Vox, I haven't downloaded it, but Watchit's work is typically excellent. Thanks for getting that going...

Date: June 27, 2008 06:29

cool thanks so much i havent downloaded the torrent yet but will try soon and hopfully this will ease the emptiness!!!

Date: June 27, 2008 06:31

id like to learn how to rip audio from DVD actually - its not the greatest performance of their career in my opinion but the dirtiness of it has a charm thats for sure Honky Tonk is pretty awesome!!

Date: June 27, 2008 15:40

Yes, Sean, but unfortunately the DVD is not complete...

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: October 21, 2008 01:41

any chance of reuploading? Rapidshare is fine winking smiley it seems like I've lost my files...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-21 01:41 by Amused.

Date: October 21, 2008 13:35

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1727
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home