Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: help!
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 20, 2015 14:28

Blueranger
kowalski

The GRRR deluxe box is quite interesting : IBC demos official CD, 1964 BBC sessions on a 7" vinyl, and maybe most important, the best track listing of the 3 versions (it includes She Said Yeah, Mother's Little Helper, Dandelion, You Got The Silver, Dance, You don't have to mean it, Blinded by Rainbows, Plundered My Soul among others...). You also get a nice book you can look at while listening to the CD's.

It's definitely overpriced but amazon uk has it at quite a nice price currently (about $135) : [www.amazon.co.uk]

Strongly disagree. The book is boring and the whole set it shortchangeing.
The tracks, besides the bonus features are the same as on all of the regular albums. The 3 disc edition is more than enough.

I find the 3-CD edition a bit short for a 50 years anthology. Too many essential tracks are missing.

The 4-disc track listing should have been the regular deluxe edition. Priced at 1/4 the original price (around 30~40 euros) along with the IBC demos it could have been the definitive Stones collection. Instead they decided to add a vinyl with 4 tracks (when are they going to release a complete BBC anthology??), a set of cards, a poster and a big book...

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: May 20, 2015 14:59

Well... Could have and should have... They chose not to. And 4 discs is too much for a casual buyer, which this set was aimed at.
And if the big box were made to the collectors, it is not holding enough rare material to satisfy it as a collectors item. Instead it's just 'meh'...

Re: Grrrr deluxe box questions
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:36

The book makes it worth it imo.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:43

I agree! I got one when amazon was selling for an insanely low price and the entire packaging is very high quality.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 21, 2015 03:54

whitem8
I agree! I got one when amazon was selling for an insanely low price and the entire packaging is very high quality.

Yep, they could be had for @$38 on Amazon a few months ago.

Date: May 21, 2015 06:30

Blueranger
keefriffhard4life
Blueranger
philrock90
Does anyone know what ones are exactly missing?

Too Much Blood (12" - Remixes)

Sad Sad Sad (b-side is Blinded By Love, only released outside UK and US).

Jumpin' Jack Flash (Flashpoint version, only released outside the UK and US, features 2 exclusive live tracks: Tumbling Dice and Street Fighting Man, both tracks appear on the film Rolling Stones At The Max).

Wild Horses (Stripped version, only released outside the UK and US, features 2 exclusive live tracks: Live With Me and Tumbling Dice. Both tracks appears on Rarities 1971-2003).

The Sexdrive single is included in the box, but 2 exlusive remixes were included on the version released outside the UK.

As you can see, it's not a big loss and essential tracks appears elsewhere.

does the sex drive single on the box have the full version of the song? i think the song had the intro chopped off on later reissues of flashpoint

No, it's the single edit.
The 2009 edition has the original full length version.
The 1998 edition had an edit of the Club Version.

thanks i have the version released on virgin records

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: May 21, 2015 18:08

I bought the Grrr Super deluxe box when it was remaindered for $40.
For what I bought it for it is good value; the book appears to be the exhibition catalogue from the MOMA exhibit. There are lots of cool pictures but almost as many blank pages which could've been filled with some minimal accompanying text.
I already had 99% of the tracks on various other formats: Vinyl, CD, albums and compilations. It was a good way to get the 2 new release tracks - I've never bought anything from I-Tunes (and never will).

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 20:46

I ended up buying the 45 single box set

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:01

Ok, but you know of the "She was hot" error and how you can get a good one?

Posted by: nick ()
Date: May 22, 2015 19:36

GJV

Why make him beg?
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 22, 2015 23:52

nick
GJV

Why make him beg?
[www.iorr.org]

Maybe he ain't too proud?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 00:35 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 23, 2015 00:09

DELUXE GRRRR.....
Just by it... after all it'll look cool in ya book case beside ya bible

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1844
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home