Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: Singles Collection 1971-2006
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 1, 2011 18:47

The skip on Going Mad is almost a cime ... this track is one of the sets central selling points because it makes its CD debut, and out of all tracks they (whoever actually did it) @#$%& up exactly this one.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: July 2, 2011 01:23

They should release for once a comprehensive compilation of all the rare songs that don't appears on LP's. Or add the b-sides at the end of each albums (for the next reissue...)

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: July 2, 2011 02:27

And they should release a CD with all important (ABKCO & RSR) mono mixes that are currently out of print.

Date: July 2, 2011 12:04

That too! thumbs up

By the way if they could also add to the mono mixes all the rare promo edits or mixes (such as Bob Clearmountain remix of Before They Make Me Run) that would be perfect.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: July 13, 2011 04:05

Anyone know if any of the special tracks from this box set, things that were not previously available on CD, have been posted on youtube? One Hit remix, a few others?

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: September 11, 2014 05:05

Digging up a REALLY old post here, but I am wondering.....does anyone know if the 'Going Mad' glitch has been corrected? I've been hovering over the "buy" button on this collection since it came out and have not been able to get myself to click it, primarily due to the glitch reports. I finally decided to crack and throw a hail mary out to the board. It seems to me that otherwise this set looks great, other than some apparent sleeve issues?

Date: September 11, 2014 06:50

floodonthepage
Digging up a REALLY old post here, but I am wondering.....does anyone know if the 'Going Mad' glitch has been corrected? I've been hovering over the "buy" button on this collection since it came out and have not been able to get myself to click it, primarily due to the glitch reports. I finally decided to crack and throw a hail mary out to the board. It seems to me that otherwise this set looks great, other than some apparent sleeve issues?

It was "fixed" by editing out a couple of seconds at the beginning of the remastered track...

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 11, 2014 07:06

kowalski
floodonthepage

It was "fixed" by editing out a couple of seconds at the beginning of the remastered track...

I don't know about that, but I wrote to Universal and revieved a corrected version of the track, without any editing done, a couple of months back.
The version I have is 100 % corresponding to my 7" vinyl version.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: September 12, 2014 03:27

Thanks blueranger. Yeah, from what I've read since I last posted, replacement discs have been routinely (and satisfactorily) shipped out to anyone who asks. Seems I am safe to finally buy this set with the understanding that I will be calling UMG for a new "Disc 23".

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: September 12, 2014 10:04

DragonSky
Anyone know if any of the special tracks from this box set, things that were not previously available on CD, have been posted on youtube? One Hit remix, a few others?

The complete Too Much Blood remixes (3) that were only released in the USA on 12", 33rpm.
Only one was released as a flipside of I think the Sad Sad Sad single-CD.

Does anybody know a source where someone transfered these 3 vinyl tracks to WAV or FLAC?

Date: September 12, 2014 14:25

mrfancyman
DragonSky

The complete Too Much Blood remixes (3) that were only released in the USA on 12", 33rpm.

Does anybody know a source where someone transfered these 3 vinyl tracks to WAV or FLAC?

Take a look around the internet. There are some good boots, one called "Too Much Blood On The Dancefloor" and one called "Dance 'N' Shuffle". They feature these tracks. They probably also can be found on torrent sites.

Date: September 12, 2014 14:28

floodonthepage
Thanks blueranger. Yeah, from what I've read since I last posted, replacement discs have been routinely (and satisfactorily) shipped out to anyone who asks. Seems I am safe to finally buy this set with the understanding that I will be calling UMG for a new "Disc 23".

I wrote to Universal and got answer after about 2 hours!
They said that I should just drop them my address and then I would recieve my replacement disc. After about 4 days the disc was in my mailbox and in perfect condition.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: September 12, 2014 17:06

Blueranger
mrfancyman
DragonSky

Take a look around the internet. There are some good boots, one called "Too Much Blood On The Dancefloor" and one called "Dance 'N' Shuffle". They feature these tracks. They probably also can be found on torrent sites.

Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Ya-Yas ()
Date: September 27, 2014 13:25

I don't know about that, but I wrote to Universal and revieved a corrected version of the track, without any editing done, a couple of months back.
The version I have is 100 % corresponding to my 7" vinyl version.[/quote]

Hi Blueranger/anyone who happens to know,
I´d love to get an "I Think I´m Going Mad" replacement disc as well. Where should I write, I mean what´s the (e-mail) address?

Thank you in advance,
Matti

Date: September 27, 2014 20:42

Dear Ya-Ya's.

I used this e-mail:

Aaron.Klepfer@umusic.com

Date: September 27, 2014 21:43

Hi Blueranger,
brilliant! Thank you!

Matti

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 4, 2014 01:33

Blueranger
They said that I should just drop them my address and then I would recieve my replacement disc. After about 4 days the disc was in my mailbox and in perfect condition.

Thanks for all the hints, but I got this mail:

Hello,

If you can send over a copy of your receipt, we can send you a replacement.

Thank you,

Aaron Klepfer
Sr. Non-Traditional CSR
Universal Music Group

I don´t have a receipt anymore. angry smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 4, 2014 01:46

TooTough
Blueranger

Hello,

Thank you,

Aaron Klepfer
Sr. Non-Traditional CSR
Universal Music Group

Tell them you got it as a gift.

Date: October 4, 2014 16:03

treaclefingers
TooTough
Blueranger

Hello,

Thank you,

Aaron Klepfer
Sr. Non-Traditional CSR
Universal Music Group

Tell them you got it as a gift.

Very strange, since the positive answer I got, came from the very same person.

Maybe you should write and ask if you can get a replacement disc by sending your mispressed copy. That would be proof enough.

Date: October 5, 2014 11:22

Blueranger

Very strange, since the positive answer I got, came from the very same person.

Maybe you should write and ask if you can get a replacement disc by sending your mispressed copy. That would be proof enough.

I´ll try. Thanks!

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: October 5, 2014 12:34

I also tried it and didn't get an answer at all.

I would never send the mispressed disc, what if you don't receive the good one, than you have nothing, but an incomplete boxset.

Correction: I now also saw an answer back, it's the same as you got.
Because I haven't a receipt anymore either after all this time, the only proof I have is the box itself, so I took a couple of photographs of the singles box, incl. one of the number of the box and send those to the guy from Universal. I hope that's enough to get the replacement disc.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-05 19:38 by GJV.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: October 13, 2014 16:12

Blueranger

The version I have is 100 % corresponding to my 7" vinyl version.

Following your advice, I have sent email to M. Klepfer, I have had the same answer as other people here (a copy of your receipt).
I don't have the receipt so I have sent back a photo of the box and have offered to pay for the replacement disc.

I have received the replacement today, for free.

Thanks Blueranger.

Date: October 13, 2014 21:17

I send a couple of photo's sunday a week ago and got a possitive answere too: a replacement disc will be send to me. So I hope to receive it soon.

Date: October 14, 2014 09:31

I contacted Mr. Klepfer as well and the procedure was exactly the same as above. Got my replacement disc yesterday.
Thanks for the tip Blueranger!

Matti

Date: October 14, 2014 16:04

Mr. Klepfer promiised to send mine, too.

Date: October 15, 2014 03:23

I'm glad everyone is now recieving their replacement discs.
It would be nice to get confirmation from all of you that 'I Think I'm Going Mad' is free of the skip.

Date: October 15, 2014 10:21

Hi Blueranger,
mine is. I Thought I Was Going Mad with the bloody glitch.

Thanks once more,
Matti

Date: October 15, 2014 21:23

I got my replacement disc yesterday too. Very happy with it and ofcourse now with a perfect "I think I'm going mad".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-15 21:24 by GJV.

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: November 1, 2014 15:57

Today I received the replacement. Thanks to everyone who post the email of Universal music here. Im spinning smiley sticking its tongue outhappy.

Date: November 1, 2014 16:22

It's been three years since the box set's release and the defective CDs are still on the market?

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2111
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home