Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Europe Dates - Especially Holland
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 23, 2013 01:02

Will there be any Europe dates or is this it? I lost all interest in seeing any shows in the US.

Re: Europe Dates - Especially Holland
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 23, 2013 10:15

shattered

Will there be any Europe dates or is this it?

Except Hyde Park and Glastonbury it seems there are no other at the moment: [www.iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-23 10:45 by Irix.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: April 23, 2013 11:17

Maybe another concert in Groningen?

In 1999 they played here, almost in my backyard :-)
When my father called me to tell me about this concert I laughed for half an hour, didn't believe him....Rolling Stones in "my park", but it seemed to be true, incredible.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: April 23, 2013 11:28

ErwinH

When my father called me to tell me about this concert I laughed for half an hour, didn't believe him....Rolling Stones in "my park", but it seemed to be true, incredible.

Groningen would be great, only 15 min. by car or train for me..... ;-)

Date: April 23, 2013 11:30

Haha, neighbour!

Ok, another concert in Groningen, deal !
(5 minutes walking for me)

Date: April 23, 2013 11:40

By the way, shattered,
there's a lot of mailing going on here about Mick Taylor.
It's a pity I haven't seen him for a while here in town.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: April 23, 2013 13:50

No Spain too. It seems that due to the economic crisi nobody wants to play here (e.g., Fleetwood Mac or Springsteen). Sad... I'm sure that the stones would fill a stadium, at least for one show, in Madrid or Barcelona

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 23, 2013 14:13

on the other hand: Hyde Park is a nice setting to end things in a town where all started.
As we see with the present US dates the Stones won't travel to much and keep such on a minimum commuting.
Tell me one city who could accommodate the Stones for 2 concerts with ticket prices 250 Euros and up and it should be 2 at least to make the stay worthwhile.
And would AEG Live take the risk again?
We will see once they finish the US dates.
And forget about stadium shows finally. They just won't do it anymore.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 23, 2013 15:08

Ahem, how `bout Gothenburg?

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: April 23, 2013 15:09

ErwinH

Worst Stones show in Holland ever.

Date: April 23, 2013 16:25

Grison

Tell me one city who could accommodate the Stones for 2 concerts with ticket prices 250 Euros and up and it should be 2 at least to make the stay worthwhile.

Paris?

To travel less, they could stay in Paris and play also shows in London and e. g. Cologne. With such a "triangle" they could reach the fans in UK, France, BeNeLux and Germany.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: April 23, 2013 17:02

Munich, Mick's favorite german city, economically one of the strongest regions in Germany. But the Olimpiahlle is crap, better go for the O2 in Berlin.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 23, 2013 17:21

Irix
Paris?

To travel less, they could stay in Paris and play also shows in London and e. g. Cologne.

They will stay in Paris to play in London. Now, that made me laugh. Yes, there are strong rumours they will play 3 subsequent nights in London and return to Paris after each concert to get 2 hours of sleep. Do you work for DHL?

:-) I don't mean to offend you, don't take it personally, I know that it might work, just with other cities, please.

Date: April 23, 2013 18:00

Happy24

They will stay in Paris to play in London. Now, that made me laugh. Yes, there are strong rumours they will play 3 subsequent nights in London and return to Paris after each concert to get 2 hours of sleep.

No, they could play 3 subsequent nights in Paris, have a break, then some days later playing 3 subsequent nights in London and again, after a break, some days later 3 subsequent nights in e. g. Cologne.

Meanwhile their families could stay in Paris and the Stones could go back there in the breaks, not after each show.

The idea is to reach the maximum amount of fans with minimum travelling.

Furthermore, Paris would have the advantage that they could go into the studio for rehearsals before this 'Mini-Tour' and thereafter record a new album there.

Of course, the Stones could do more than 3 shows sequentially and playing in some more european cities (e. g. in Italy, Spain). But as BV said, we have to travel more in the future to see the Stones …

Happy24

I know that it might work, just with other cities, please.

Make a suggestion ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-24 16:15 by Irix.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2075
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home