Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Will there be an european tour ??
Posted by: fd2005 ()
Date: April 9, 2013 07:09

Considering London as try outs

Followed by glastonbury/Hyde park
The usa...

Re: Will there be an european tour ??
Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 9, 2013 07:19

Will there be an european tour ??

It's not like it's a tour over here...... more like a few shows.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 9, 2013 14:37

I can't hink I won't see the Stones in concert never again ....sad smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: April 9, 2013 15:54

3 gigs and counting...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 9, 2013 16:13

of course...too much money on the table.

I feel they will now continue Paul McCartney-style with a never ending tour of a few dates in select cities at breathtaking prices every year until something forces the gravy train to end.

Date: April 10, 2013 20:31

treaclefingers

I feel they will now continue Paul McCartney-style with a never ending tour of a few dates in select cities at breathtaking prices every year until something forces the gravy train to end.

Maintenant que tu le dis ....it makes sense .

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: April 10, 2013 20:39

i think there will be a few more shows in the autumn/winter. arena's in a few big cities like Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin or something like that.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 10, 2013 20:45

I don't think so. Unless you count the two shows in Hyde Park as a tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 10, 2013 20:54

i think so, November, december.
Jagger wants money Money Money, and more things to boost his Peter Pan ego.

Jeroen

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 10, 2013 21:00

corriecas

Jeroen

Keith is as guilty as Jagger on the money thing.
Cut Jagger some slack. He works his a$$ off on stage and puts on a great performance.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 10, 2013 21:01

I would wonder why they wouldnt do 18-20 more dates in Europe, especially if the States tour goes as planned aka they sell enough tickets.... aka if this business model works.

I would bet after a successful short 18 date tour they would think "Huh, thats all?, we usually go on tour for years, and play 100s of dates, what the heck, lets do 18 dates Europe, for another $80 million".

And of course leaving it up in the air, while letting people read the great reviews and see youtube videos of a fun American tour will start making people jones like crazy for a 18 date Europe tour. Especially considering the summer time timing.

But of course I have no idea, I would just wonder why, if they didnt.

And yes I know they are old(er), but only 18-20 dates tours are no where near what they used to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-10 21:03 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: April 10, 2013 21:02

BowieStone
corriecas

Jeroen

Keith is as guilty as Jagger on the money thing.
Cut Jagger some slack. He works his a$$ off on stage and puts on a great performance.

Sorry, you are right about keith.
Jeroen

Date: April 10, 2013 21:06

samunknown
i think there will be a few more shows in the autumn/winter. arena's in a few big cities like Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin or something like that.

I think the same. May be by now there is nothing planned - but they might change their mind. Who knows, but it is possible.

No tour - but Why should they not do it with just a few shows?? Not a good idea to stop their live appearance without doing anything in rest of Europe.

Date: April 10, 2013 21:09

treaclefingers

My thoughts the same. they will put on a few shows , until someone dies, or its no longer physically possible to put on a show.

jeroen

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 10, 2013 21:16

Why not? But don't call it a "tour" as some others here also said. Probably less than 10 concerts, above all because Europe does not offer so many possibilities concerning big arenas. O2-Arenas in London, Berlin and Hamburg, additionally Lanxess Cologne, Ziggo Dome Amsterdam and Paris Bercy Omnisports. Which ones did I forget? But you should not be too keen on news until september or so...

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 10, 2013 21:35

Every concert in the future is a bonus....

Date: April 10, 2013 21:51

Harm
Every concert in the future is a bonus....

Very true.

Bjornulf

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: April 10, 2013 21:55

My personal hunch is that Mick will pack it in at 70. Not to say he won't work but I can't see him working at Stones tempo beyond this.

But I could be wrong.

Date: April 10, 2013 22:20

BlackHat
My personal hunch is that Mick will pack it in at 70. Not to say he won't work but I can't see him working at Stones tempo beyond this.

But I could be wrong.

They will never pack it in. But they will slow down. Which means 30 or so shows not 100+ per tour. That is why it will be impossible to cover 20 countries in Europe, 10-20 in Asia, and the same Down Under and far away. Plus 20-30 states in the US and also shows in UK. So we have to travel more if we want to se the rest of what they do from now on.

Bjornulf

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 10, 2013 22:37

Max'sKansasCity
I would wonder why they wouldnt do 18-20 more dates in Europe,

Except the idea of paying 500 Euros is not so-well established in European minds. So that leaves them with doing another round of stadiums. Do they want to do this
again?
Plus there's this terrible economical breakdown that plagues most of the continent... that doesn't bode well for a real Euro tour imo.

Unless they play in Germany Norway (where there's oil) Switzerland Lichtenstein and Luxembourg? The "mini Euro farewell tour"? >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-10 22:40 by dcba.

Date: April 10, 2013 22:40

BlackHat

But I could be wrong.

Stones tempo==????
Before the 02 concerts last year, it has been 5 years since they last played. Cant really call that a Stones tempo.

Dont want to be negative, cause i LOVE the band and really hope Europe shows next year.

i dont wanna go to Hyde Park, maybe missed an opportunity, i know.
Just hoping for some shows in europe later this year,or next year.
I know jagger , and keef, can Smell the Money !!!

jeroen

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 10, 2013 22:44

BlackHat

I have the opposite "hunch" : I can see him active (solo) for the next 7-10 years & he probably will want his future (solo) musical projects to get done faster than anything done with the Stones.

I also see him go 100% digital like dropping his newest thing on Apple Tunes as soon as it's finished.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 10, 2013 22:47

corriecas
BlackHat

But I could be wrong.

Stones tempo==????
Before the 02 concerts last year, it has been 5 years since they last played. Cant really call that a Stones tempo.

Dont want to be negative, cause i LOVE the band and really hope Europe shows next year.

jeroen

Jeroen, you sounded so positive on Hyde Park in the beginning...95£/ticket..Eurostar 88€....doesn't get any cheaper and surely not the Ziggo Dome IF they would come to Amsterdam...but of course, it's your choice.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: April 10, 2013 22:53

bv
BlackHat

But I could be wrong.

They will never pack it in. But they will slow down. Which means 30 or so shows not 100+ per tour. That is why it will be impossible to cover 20 countries in Europe, 10-20 in Asia, and the same Down Under and far away. Plus 20-30 states in the US and also shows in UK. So we have to travel more if we want to se the rest of what they do from now on.

BV, do you believe in 2 or 3 shows in south america? there are many rumnours here.

Date: April 10, 2013 23:11

carlostones10

BV, do you believe in 2 or 3 shows in south america? there are many rumnours here.

Yes. Buenos Aires would be on top of their list after this. I hear talks about December and now more like March or so 2014 for South America.

Bjornulf

Date: April 10, 2013 23:27

Harm
corriecas
BlackHat

But I could be wrong.

Stones tempo==????

jeroen

Jeroen, you sounded so positive on Hyde Park in the beginning...95£/ticket..Eurostar 88€....doesn't get any cheaper and surely not the Ziggo Dome IF they would come to Amsterdam...but of course, it's your choice.

Harm, i decided not to go tohyde park. dont feel like standing for 10 hours. its got nothing to do with the Stones. You know i love them.
i just felt, No. i must not do this.

Everyone that Does Go, i hope you have a wonderful time.

jeroen

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 10, 2013 23:29

A European, please! Since Mighty mentioned that sources close to the band sometimes read these pages: May I suggest the newly built Friends Arena in Stockholm? The venue has a total capacity of 65,000 at concerts and 50,000 seated at football matches. From Wikipedia: "The stadium has a retractable roof, enabling events to take place during the winter season and to host indoor entertainment shows. The facade of the arena can be lit up in 17 millions different color schemes. For example, the stadium is lit up in blue and yellow when Sweden's national team is playing matches. Friends Arena is a UEFA Category 4 stadium, and the natural turf pitch measures 105 x 68 metres. In the middle of the stadium roof, a 240 square metres big media cube is placed where the attendance can follow what is happening. In addition, 647 LED-screens are installed throughout the facility to enhance the guest experience". Bruce Springsteen will play there three times (3,4 and 11th) during the month of May.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: April 10, 2013 23:40

bv
carlostones10

Yes. Buenos Aires would be on top of their list after this. I hear talks about December and now more like March or so 2014 for South America.

What is knew is Buenos Aires (3 concerts), Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo (1 concert each one). But I think they will not play 5 concerts in Southe America.... but may 2 or 3 i think possible. What we know here is concerto betwen december and february!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 11, 2013 00:14

Both Mick and Keith talk about activities (conserts) later this year (autumn) after a summer break. Listen to the end of the Interview that was on radio Planet Rock.

[www.planetrock.com]

There is no doubt, they will continue a bit more with some conserts here and there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-12 17:58 by mtaylor.

Date: April 12, 2013 13:10

bv
I don't think so. Unless you count the two shows in Hyde Park as a tour.

sad smileysad smileysad smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1569
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home