Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - Sons of Beatles
Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: April 3, 2012 15:43

I admit I giggled at the notion of this ever being a reality but Macca's son is up for it

The Beatles 2? Sir Paul McCartney's son James hints at next generation of band

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Re: OT - Sons of Beatles
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 3, 2012 16:06

Thanks for posting the article. I can't help but feel sad reading the piece, when you see how bad he wants to succeed, and realize (as well as I'm sure he does) that he'll never be nearly as successful as his father.

My commitment is to underachieve in my life, so that my son has nothing to live up to.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 3, 2012 16:12

mmm but a couple of sons had made it....Jeff (Buckley) Rufus (Wainwright) and Jakob (Dylan)...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 3, 2012 17:09

It IS hard to believe.

Him thinking or speaking of being "equal" to the Beatles is clearly delusional, and that in itself is a prerequisite to see this thing actually happen.

So, the question becomes, in the mind of some, since it's clear the pieces are beginning to move around the cosmic chess board: Will The Sons of The Beatles launch their juggernaut and be successful in preventing The Worlds Greatest Rock and Roll Band from going out in a "blaze of glory" and achieving the top spot at the Gates of Eternity?

Things looks ominous... Already Paul McCartney has begun to co-opt Ronnie Wood. No doubt Rod Stewart is on board with this as well. One can only speculate if Macca was a silent partner bankrolling Richards biography.

In the meantime Jagger renews ties with Jeff Beck and Mick Taylor.

The winds of war have begun to blow... gimme shelter winking smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 3, 2012 18:26

You post this after all the trouble with theWatchman? confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-03 18:42 by 71Tele.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 3, 2012 18:38

James McCartney looks pretty excited in that photo. He's ready to rock!

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: April 3, 2012 18:50

71Tele

That's why I stated "I giggled at the notion of this ever being a reality"

I also admit it's not easy to live in the shadow of your famous parent/parents. I would say the few that have equaled their famous father's in the acting industry would be Michael Douglas(son of Kirk Douglas), Jeff Bridges (son of Lloyd Bridges) and except for personal issues Charlie Sheen (son of Martin Sheen).

I think Keith's son Marlon should be given credit for carving his own niche and not in the music business.

An definite possibility it seems...............
Posted by: JackFlash68 ()
Date: April 4, 2012 21:55

Re: An definite possibility it seems...............
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 4, 2012 22:41

An absolutley stupid idea...are they really expecting them to write and play like their fathers... this, if it happens will just be a money making venture.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 4, 2012 22:43

Date: April 4, 2012 23:39

Somewhere theWatchman is saying "I told you so."

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 5, 2012 00:14

They need to grow up surrounded by a British music hall ethos, listen to R&B records over and over and over and learn the stuff backwards, then go to Hamberg for 6 months, play for 12 hours a day with toilet seats around their neck, then they need to find a sympathetic genius producer then when it doesn't work they need to realise that their fathers were a once only deal and they are in the wrong place at the wrong time and they don't have the vital ingredients.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 5, 2012 02:13

BEATLES SONS BAND WAS JUST JAMES MCCARTNEY "THINKING OUT LOUD"

4/4/2012

Paul McCartney's son James is relatively new to show business and has recently learned to be more careful with his words. After seemingly talking about the possibility of forming a band with other Beatles offspring during a BBC radio interview, the younger McCartney posted a clarification on his Facebook page reading, "Hi Everyone...well, looks like quite some attention being given to my BBC interview! Honestly, I was just thinking out loud about playing with Beatles family friends, nothing more. My band's going to be on tour in the UK and US for most of this year, and the shows are going great! I'm so grateful...Lots of love to you all...!" McCartney has released two EPs during the past year and kicks off a U.S. tour on May 11 in Amityville, New York. Talking about the possible Beatles' sons get-together, McCartney told the BBC that "I don't think it's something that Zak (Starkey) wants to do. Maybe Jason (Starkey) would want to do it. I'd be up for it. Sean (Lennon) seemed to be into it, Dhani (Harrison) seemed to be into it. I'd be happy to do it...You'd have to wait and see." All of the Beatles sons have their own musical projects, and Zak Starkey, Ringo's oldest son, plays drums for the Who when it tours. McCartney also called comparisons to his father "an honor. I don't really think I am quite as good as the Beatles or my father but there are definitely influences."

Date: April 5, 2012 07:01

tatters
BEATLES SONS BAND WAS JUST JAMES MCCARTNEY "THINKING OUT LOUD"

4/4/2012

Paul McCartney's son James is relatively new to show business and has recently learned to be more careful with his words. After seemingly talking about the possibility of forming a band with other Beatles offspring during a BBC radio interview, the younger McCartney posted a clarification on his Facebook page reading, "Hi Everyone...well, looks like quite some attention being given to my BBC interview! Honestly, I was just thinking out loud about playing with Beatles family friends, nothing more. My band's going to be on tour in the UK and US for most of this year, and the shows are going great! I'm so grateful...Lots of love to you all...!" McCartney has released two EPs during the past year and kicks off a U.S. tour on May 11 in Amityville, New York. Talking about the possible Beatles' sons get-together, McCartney told the BBC that "I don't think it's something that Zak (Starkey) wants to do. Maybe Jason (Starkey) would want to do it. I'd be up for it. Sean (Lennon) seemed to be into it, Dhani (Harrison) seemed to be into it. I'd be happy to do it...You'd have to wait and see." All of the Beatles sons have their own musical projects, and Zak Starkey, Ringo's oldest son, plays drums for the Who when it tours. McCartney also called comparisons to his father "an honor. I don't really think I am quite as good as the Beatles or my father but there are definitely influences."

Next he'll be telling the press that he's taken LSD.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 5, 2012 07:12

If I never hear the words/concept "super heavy" or "sons of beatles", again... it will be fine with me.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: April 12, 2012 06:47

GumbootCloggeroo

Damn right he is ready to rock! Check him out on his upcoming United States tour.smoking smiley

Date: April 12, 2012 06:50

71Tele

By all means, we should do everything in our power to avoid trouble.smoking smiley

Date: April 12, 2012 06:53

SweetThing
It IS hard to believe.

Him thinking or speaking of being "equal" to the Beatles is clearly delusional, and that in itself is a prerequisite to see this thing actually happen.

So, the question becomes, in the mind of some, since it's clear the pieces are beginning to move around the cosmic chess board: Will The Sons of The Beatles launch their juggernaut and be successful in preventing The Worlds Greatest Rock and Roll Band from going out in a "blaze of glory" and achieving the top spot at the Gates of Eternity?

Things looks ominous... Already Paul McCartney has begun to co-opt Ronnie Wood. No doubt Rod Stewart is on board with this as well. One can only speculate if Macca was a silent partner bankrolling Richards biography.

In the meantime Jagger renews ties with Jeff Beck and Mick Taylor.

The winds of war have begun to blow... gimme shelter winking smiley

Yes, I suggest we all run for cover! Not sure the world could handle a "second shot" of Beatlemania!smoking smiley

Date: April 12, 2012 06:58

crumbling_mice
An absolutley stupid idea...are they really expecting them to write and play like their fathers... this, if it happens will just be a money making venture.

Just curious, do mice think small because they are small?smoking smiley

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 12, 2012 08:21

stonescrow
crumbling_mice

Just curious, do mice think small because they are small?smoking smiley

stonescrow..Its quite obvious mice like to think big just going by the size of their families

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 12, 2012 08:30

GumbootCloggeroo

Clearly he just fell out of the Sea of Holes.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 12, 2012 17:45

What about "Sons Of Stones"? Marlon, Jesse, Jimmy, etc.

Date: April 12, 2012 17:46

Would really love to see "Daughters Of Stones" perform. I'll supply the organ. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: April 12, 2012 18:05

Elmo Lewis
Would really love to see "Daughters Of Stones" perform. I'll supply the organ. tongue sticking out smiley
Lcool smileyL

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: April 12, 2012 18:10

34 years old son?!?!?!??!?!

He looks more mid 40'ties I think........... ;-)

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 12, 2012 18:18

I think we need to start considering grandsons of the Beatles - the sons are not cutting it.

Posted by: msw2525 ()
Date: April 12, 2012 19:32

Seriously why the hell do people care about the offspring of talented musicians playing in a band? I just dont understand it. Who the hell cares about this, sons of beatles, sons of stones, why is that supposed to be cool? Wow these guys parents were the beatles well they must be good too lets have them make a band. Most ridiculous and pathetic idea that for some reason doesnt stop coming up.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 12, 2012 20:01

Crap

Date: April 12, 2012 20:10

msw2525
Seriously why the hell do people care about the offspring of talented musicians playing in a band? I just dont understand it. Who the hell cares about this, sons of beatles, sons of stones, why is that supposed to be cool? Wow these guys parents were the beatles well they must be good too lets have them make a band. Most ridiculous and pathetic idea that for some reason doesnt stop coming up.

Errrr, Sons and Daughters of the Stones were jokes - maybe not funny ones, but jokes nonetheless.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: April 12, 2012 20:17

sons of beatles or sons of

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home