Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
When Exactly is the Some Girls Deluxe happening?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 19, 2011 23:13

I thought it was supposed to be September but I haven't heard a chirp about it since the subject was brought up months ago. September doesn't seem doable now, with Mick busy promoting Super Heavy in the fall. It seems like the right time to release a Stones product, in time for the holidays.

Re: When Exactly is the Some Girls Deluxe happening?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 20, 2011 00:29

Yes, I think the Some Girls project kind of got 'sideswiped' by all the Superheavy stuff.

I'm just glad something is actually arriving soon.

Hopefully you're correct and we'll see something in mid-late November in the form of Some Girls Deluxe.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 20, 2011 01:02

I was thinking by X-MAS, but now I dont see it coming until Spring 2012. If it were coming this year I think some info would have been leaked by now.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: August 20, 2011 01:07

In the words of Gazza, what, do you expect weekly updates? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2011 01:21

........tryin' ta remember all the girls names that's been the main hold-up....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 20, 2011 04:21

Yeah, it is a bummer! I really thought they would have, Mick especially, been motivated by how well Exile did. Some Girls has always been one of their biggest selling albums, so is perfect for a souped up version to hit the charts again. And it is a bummer to think that Pooper Heavy has sideswiped such a valuable and fun project like a deluxe Some Girls. Just do it man!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 20, 2011 04:29

whitem8
Yeah, it is a bummer! I really thought they would have, Mick especially, been motivated by how well Exile did. Some Girls has always been one of their biggest selling albums, so is perfect for a souped up version to hit the charts again. And it is a bummer to think that Pooper Heavy has sideswiped such a valuable and fun project like a deluxe Some Girls. Just do it man!

"Pooper Heavy"! hah!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 20, 2011 04:46

winking smiley
Yeah, it bums me out that lackluster project has derailed a Stones project.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: August 20, 2011 08:01

Yesterday Ron Wood on his show said Some Girl will be reissued shortly.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 20, 2011 13:37

riccardo99

Good news!

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: August 20, 2011 13:59

Some Girls [SHM-CD] [Priced-Down Reissue] will be released Nov. 9th
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 20, 2011 15:27

whitem8
And it is a bummer to think that Pooper Heavy has sideswiped such a valuable and fun project like a deluxe Some Girls.

If I have to choose between Miracle Worker and Misty Roads with reworked vocals I would think twice about which one makes more fun!

Apart from that, I can imagine that it must be pretty hard for any musician to work on 35 years old outtakes, thus realizing the fact that today, one is not even remotedly capable of coming up with new material that could match the quality of stuff which was regarded substandard many decades ago.

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 20, 2011 18:17

delete. I can't get pictures to post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-20 18:21 by R.

Date: August 20, 2011 21:13

whitem8
winking smiley
Yeah, it bums me out that lackluster project has derailed a Stones project.

While I do think it is part of the reason for the delay, and I would have liked it as well, I'm quite looking forward to the SH release this September.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 20, 2011 21:38

riccardo99

yeah yeah, blabla bla he also said the stones would tour
zzzzzzzzzz
bye
jeroen

Date: August 21, 2011 01:46

whitem8
Yeah, it is a bummer! I really thought they would have, Mick especially, been motivated by how well Exile did. Some Girls has always been one of their biggest selling albums

It IS their biggest selling album.

Date: August 21, 2011 05:17

DragonSky
whitem8
Yeah, it is a bummer! I really thought they would have, Mick especially, been motivated by how well Exile did. Some Girls has always been one of their biggest selling albums

It IS their biggest selling album.

Actually, that would be Hot Rocks.

Date: August 21, 2011 18:24

Hot Rocks is a compilation album.

Some Girls is an album.

Date: August 21, 2011 18:32

DragonSky

Some Girls is an album.

Thanks for the definition...it really helps. eye rolling smiley

I've read that Tattoo You is their second best selling album, with over 9 million units sold...here is a source, although not necessarily definitive.

[www.chacha.com]

Some Girls comes in at just over 8 million, so third in the rankings to this point.

I've never been able to find a totally reliable source so if you have one, would like to see it.

Date: August 21, 2011 18:55

When in doubt, come to the experts...see the Georgelicks post

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 22, 2011 00:00

Maybe they decided to postpone the Some Girls deluxe edition because there will be too many other super deluxe editions glutting the market in the fall, i.e., Aqualung, Achtung Baby, Quadrophenia, Dark Side of the Moon, and Wish You Were Here. The target demographic only has so much money to throw at these things!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 22, 2011 11:23

december i think
jeroen

Date: August 22, 2011 16:28

treaclefingers
DragonSky

Some Girls is an album.

I've read that Tattoo You is their second best selling album, with over 9 million units sold...here is a source, although not necessarily definitive.

[www.chacha.com]

Some Girls comes in at just over 8 million, so third in the rankings to this point.

I've never been able to find a totally reliable source so if you have one, would like to see it.

Well, there is a difference.

Last I knew Some Girls was their biggest.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 22, 2011 17:58

DragonSky
treaclefingers
DragonSky

Some Girls is an album.

[www.chacha.com]

Tattoo You is a "semi-compilation", Some Girls is a real album.

Date: August 22, 2011 18:04

DragonSky
treaclefingers
DragonSky

Some Girls is an album.

[www.chacha.com]

Thanks, I thought there may be a difference, but it's good to hear you confirm that for me.

You may have missed the IORR thread I posted above, indicating Hot Rocks number 1 and Some Girls number 2 and Tattoo You number 3.

I'm not sure this is definitive either though.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: August 22, 2011 18:06

mtaylor
That's ridiculous. If Tattoo You is a "semi-compilation", as you call it, then so is Sticky Fingers and so is Exile, etc.
Tattoo You is just as much an album as Some Girls is. Just because the songs were pulled from many different sessions over a longer period of time doesn't make it any less of an album. None of these songs had been released before.

Date: August 22, 2011 18:11

FreeBird
mtaylor
That's ridiculous. If Tattoo You is a "semi-compilation", as you call it, then so is Sticky Fingers and so is Exile, etc.
Tattoo You is just as much an album as Some Girls is. Just because the songs were pulled from many different sessions over a longer period of time doesn't make it any less of an album. None of these songs had been released before.

If Don Was and Mick go in to the studio together and pick 10 different songs from back in time, work on it, redo some songs, maybe record 2 new songs, joined by Keith, Charlie etc. here and there - would you call it a real studio album?

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: August 22, 2011 18:14

"Tattoo You is a "semi-compilation", Some Girls is a real album."

I disagree with this statement 100%. Why are the tunes on Tatoo You any less Stones songs or as you say a compilation because they completed them over several years rather than all at once? Some of the greatest novels ever written were done over a period of many many years.

Tatoo You is a classic.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: August 22, 2011 18:28

mtaylor
If Don Was and Mick go in to the studio together and pick 10 different songs from back in time, work on it, redo some songs, maybe record 2 new songs, joined by Keith, Charlie etc. here and there - would you call it a real studio album?
Probably, depending on how it was done.

Date: August 22, 2011 18:45

James Kirk
"Tattoo You is a "semi-compilation", Some Girls is a real album."

I disagree with this statement 100%. Why are the tunes on Tatoo You any less Stones songs or as you say a compilation because they completed them over several years rather than all at once? Some of the greatest novels ever written were done over a period of many many years.

Tatoo You is a classic.
Didn't comment on if the songs were good / not good. I do consider TY as a very good record - indeed especially also the slow songs.
The semi-compilation was referring to songs already known and circulating on boots.
Calling something as a compilation doesn't mean they are bad songs - on the contrary, Hot Rocks includeds some of the best songs Stones have done.

By the way, several of the very good poetry books are written in a span of many years / decades. The authors even call "a collection of poems from the past".

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2293
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home