Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith tells BBC 6 Music new material is on the way and they'll tour next year
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 5, 2010 10:54

Hope this hasn't been posted before .

Keith tells 6 Music new material is on the way and they'll tour next year

04/11/2010
Sinead Garvan and Mark Savage
.The Rolling Stones plan to hit the road in 2011, despite rumours that they had retired from touring altogether.

"Everybody's ready to go out there again," guitarist Keith Richards told BBC 6 Music. "Who said it should stop, and who said when?"

"Only we will know when it comes to an end, with a crashing halt," he added.

The Stones' last world tour earned $558m (£344m), but was reported to be the band's last after several dates were postponed due to ill health.

The European leg of the Bigger Bang tour was delayed in 2006 when Richards had brain surgery, following a widely-reported fall from a coconut tree.

He later said the incident had been exaggerated, telling the NME: "I was sitting on a shrub [and] I happened to fall off it the wrong way".

Speaking at the launch of his new autobiography, Life, the 66-year-old told 6 Music News the Stones were also gearing up to record new material.

"After these many years working together, we have a lot of unfinished stuff to work on that we had to leave off the last album.

"And knowing Mick, as I do, he's a very prolific writer. I have ideas [too] and we'll put them together in December or January.

"We're looking forward to working."

Keith was talking to 6 Music's Sinead Garvan, you can listen to the full interview below:
(scroll down )
[www.bbc.co.uk]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-05 10:54 by SwayStones.

Re: Keith tells BBC 6 Music new material is on the way and they'll tour next year
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 5, 2010 12:08

Re: Keith tells BBC 6 Music new material is on the way and they'll tour next year
Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: November 5, 2010 16:43

SwayStones
"And knowing Mick, as I do, he's a very prolific writer. I have ideas [too] and we'll put them together in December or January.

Yes, he is Keith!!!

It's great news that they plan on getting together soon. I'm tired of hearing about "the book" and want to hear about some new music!!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 5, 2010 17:06

It has been posted before - [www.iorr.org] - but now there's this to add:

Update: A spokesman for the band says that there are currently no confirmed plans for the Rolling Stones to tour in 2011 and has denied rumours that the band are working on a new record

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Posted by: belld ()
Date: November 5, 2010 21:19

I say, I say, I say, one thread please. Teleblaster, as speaketh his "Satanic Majesty" Open the Cage, your substantial wallet and copious quantities of the low flyer!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-05 21:24 by belld.

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: November 5, 2010 21:47

thanks for posting that
Swaystones

Posted by: belld ()
Date: November 5, 2010 21:55

Yes sir good news twice always welcome "OPEN THE CAGE".

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 5, 2010 23:10

TrulyMicks
SwayStones

Yes, he is Keith!!!

It's great news that they plan on getting together soon. I'm tired of hearing about "the book" and want to hear about some new music!!

Please no more Streets Of Love...for the love of Keith, no more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2090
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home