Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keef - Stones to tour in 2011 BBC Radio 6 interview
Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: November 4, 2010 16:03

Looking more and more like a dead cert now.

The Rolling Stones plan to hit the road in 2011, despite rumours that they had retired from touring altogether.

"Everybody's ready to go out there again," guitarist Keith Richards told BBC 6 Music. "Who said it should stop, and who said when?"

"Only we will know when it comes to an end, with a crashing halt," he added.

The Stones' last world tour earned $558m (£344m), but was reported to be the band's last after several dates were postponed due to ill health.

The European leg of the Bigger Bang tour was delayed in 2006 when Richards had brain surgery, following a widely-reported fall from a coconut tree.

He later said the incident had been exaggerated, telling the NME: "I was sitting on a shrub [and] I happened to fall off it the wrong way".

Speaking at the launch of his new autobiography, Life, the 66-year-old told 6 Music News the Stones were also gearing up to record new material.

"After these many years working together, we have a lot of unfinished stuff to work on that we had to leave off the last album.

"And knowing Mick, as I do, he's a very prolific writer. I have ideas [too] and we'll put them together in December or January.

"We're looking forward to working."

Here is the link to the article, and you can listen to the interview here as well below;
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Getting Excited already

Re: Keef - Stones to tour in 2011 BBC Radio 6 interview
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 4, 2010 16:20

Juniorjackflash

Here is the link to the article, and you can listen to the interview here as well below;
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Getting Excited already

Now that is true music to my ears ... what Keith has to say in that interview. When I hear him infer that they'll sit down and work and that they'd like to go out and play, that's my cue for paying attention. Up until I heard that, I was happy to dismiss as completely unsubstantiated hearsay (otherwise known as total bollocks) all rumours of touring plans. Now finally I have hope .....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 4, 2010 16:21

radio 6 interview being aired at 3.35pm (GMT)

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 4, 2010 16:35

outtakes from ABB? gee, i'm thrilled.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 4, 2010 16:43

Done Deal.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: November 4, 2010 17:10

I would call this an official report!!
cant wait for the boys to get their old asses out on the road again!!!

Date: November 4, 2010 17:14

StonesTod

I actually think he makes mention of album(s) ... PLURAL. So if outtakes from ABB don't enthrall you, perhaps those from other albums will ? Failing that, there's always the Spice Girls ........

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 4, 2010 17:22

Great news. Hearing it from Keith himself is wonderful. Thanks for posting

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 4, 2010 17:24

StonesTod

Well, I understant the new album will be known as the ABB Deluxe edition, and I hear they're planning on bringing in Mick Taylor to do some overdubs. Jagger also plans on doing some additional vocals, but there is concern that at this stage, he may no longer sound like the Mick Jagger from 2005.

Date: November 4, 2010 18:16

treaclefingers
StonesTod

Well, I understant the new album will be known as the ABB Deluxe edition, and I hear they're planning on bringing in Mick Taylor to do some overdubs. Jagger also plans on doing some additional vocals, but there is concern that at this stage, he may no longer sound like the Mick Jagger from 2005.

and to think i didn't think i could be more excited. a five ticket thrill ride.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 4, 2010 18:18

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod

and to think i didn't think i could be more excited. a five ticket thrill ride.

You think you have it bad...I want to shout but I can't hardly speak!

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: November 4, 2010 18:24

Hope plundered my soul does the round on the new tour, but im guessing it could be a tough one for Mick to sing live. Following the river would be a nice touch as well.
And im sure everyone wishes this every tour, but it would just make it if they shuck up the set list a little more night to night. Jesus what I would give to see Out of Control again live. Or sway a bit more often, that was a nice inclusion to ABB tour.
But even if its start me up, YGMR, HTW, Paint it Black and JJF and the rest, I will be glad just to see them up and at it again.

Roll on the New Year

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 4, 2010 18:36

articulate and as much specific as keith can be i think

Stones to tour again, Keith says to BBC
Posted by: Mickerdicker ()
Date: November 4, 2010 18:00

Dutch newspaper (in Dutch) today:

[www.telegraaf.nl]

Stones to tour again, Keith Richards says to BBC 6 Music.

I think this is true.

Re: Stones to tour again, Keith says to BBC
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 4, 2010 18:01

Posted by: Mickerdicker ()
Date: November 4, 2010 18:03

Sorry...did not see.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 4, 2010 18:03

Nothing new. More speculation. Can we have a moratorium on tour speculation threads?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 4, 2010 18:05

71Tele
Nothing new. More speculation. Can we have a moratorium on tour speculation threads?
I suggested the same thing and got hammered on here for doing so.confused smiley

Date: November 4, 2010 18:10

sweetcharmedlife
71Tele
I suggested the same thing and got hammered on here for doing so.confused smiley

as I expect I will...with some here, if you are not in full cheerleader mode, you are not a "true fan".

Date: November 4, 2010 18:17

71Tele

<<< More speculation >>> ?????????????

Your readiness to lump together as mere "speculation" something Keith Richards says in a radio interview with a respected broadcaster with countless rumours emanating from misinformed sources or tabloid newspapers is astonishing, at least it is to me.

Date: November 4, 2010 18:19

paulywaul
71Tele

Your readiness to lump together as mere "speculation" something Keith Richards says in a radio interview with a respected broadcaster with countless rumours emanating from misinformed sources or tabloid newspapers is astonishing, at least it is to me.

OK then. Glad I could astonish you. Wake me when there's an official tour announcement.

Date: November 4, 2010 18:21

71Tele
paulywaul
71Tele

OK then. Glad I could astonish you. Wake me when there's an official tour announcement.

I won't bother thanks, heaven forbid your enthusiasm becomes infectious ........

Date: November 4, 2010 18:24

paulywaul
71Tele
paulywaul
71Tele

I won't bother thanks, heaven forbid your enthusiasm becomes infectious ........

It's not that I lack enthusiasm. I just find all the "will they or won't they" speculation a bit uninteresting, though I suppose we'll have lots more of it until they actually announce something concrete. When they do, I am sure I will respond appropriately.

Date: November 4, 2010 19:27

71Tele
paulywaul
71Tele
paulywaul
71Tele

It's not that I lack enthusiasm. I just find all the "will they or won't they" speculation a bit uninteresting, though I suppose we'll have lots more of it until they actually announce something concrete. When they do, I am sure I will respond appropriately.

Yeah I know. I too have been bored somewhat with all this "will they/won't they" speculation too. An official announcement would tick the box for me - to be sure. But meanwhile, the "inferences" Keith made in that short radio interview provide perhaps a slightly credible glimmer of hope for some kind of activity, more credible at any rate than we've had to endure since the end of ABB over three years ago. But who knows ? Sounds like not even THEY do !

Date: November 4, 2010 19:39

paulywaul
71Tele
paulywaul
71Tele
paulywaul
71Tele

Yeah I know. I too have been bored somewhat with all this "will they/won't they" speculation too. An official announcement would tick the box for me - to be sure. But meanwhile, the "inferences" Keith made in that short radio interview provide perhaps a slightly credible glimmer of hope for some kind of activity, more credible at any rate than we've had to endure since the end of ABB over three years ago. But who knows ? Sounds like not even THEY do !

That's exactly it, paulywaul. When you put all the pieces together from the various interviews, etc., it seems like they still haven't decided among themselves what, if anything, they want to do. Maybe somebody (Mick?) isn't on board yet.

Date: November 4, 2010 21:58

more rumor threads please. and more moratoriums on them, too. more of everything.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 4, 2010 22:22

What Keith said (probably to Sinead at the book signing)in a 5 minute interview is the first realy positive comment on a tour in 2011.Keith had a busy day with interviews and book signing and this is the ultimate good news for all us fans on the back of a great day for the guys who met the ultimate in cool!!! Good on ya Keith! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: belld ()
Date: November 5, 2010 12:25

Open the cage Teleblaster, your considerable wallet and endless low flyers!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 5, 2010 14:08

to me it's really simple, the stones are pushing product,so it makes sense to put it out there that they(stones ) are still a working band .the glimmers are to clever to officaly announce that they have retired for fear of someone not bying a dvd, a cd, a book etc.it's all marketing and we all know the london school of economics does not graduate dummies .i know i am so cynical.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1806
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home