Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary Farewell Tour
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 25, 2010 07:56

marchbaby
punkfloyd
Seems plans are coming into place:

[www.mtv.co.uk]

I hope that this is true!

Not that MTV is BBC News or anything...but probably more credible than from where the original article was posted.

A little sobering and saddening at the same time...it will be great to see them one last time, but after that, they will be gone.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 25, 2010 11:12

3 Pages already indeed here [www.iorr.org]

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 25, 2010 11:24

Rolling Hansie
3 Pages already indeed here [www.iorr.org]
Rolling Hansie..ROPENI has already pulled punkfloyd up on that.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 25, 2010 13:11

Maybe BV can make a new thread for the Farwell Tour that gathers all the threads - like he did for the Exile remaster.
I guess he will make a new section for the Farwell Tour as well

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: July 25, 2010 13:36

I think they will begin the tour 2011 in north america and till London 2012, european leg.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 25, 2010 13:45

mtaylor
Maybe BV can make a new thread for the Farwell Tour that gathers all the threads - like he did for the Exile remaster.

Is BV still with us ? He's been awful quiet of late, I was fully expecting him to MONSTER DELETE my British Airways rant thread, but no ..... it survived !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Stones To Stop Rolling (with a giant farewell tour) - The Sun
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 25, 2010 14:54

Great in most parts of Europe to get FOS but in U.K. it always seems to be seats only to see the Stones in stadiums or arenas.Not quite the same for a band like the Stones. confused smiley We just merged into one big thread smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-25 15:00 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: July 25, 2010 15:02

I think the tour will take form where there will be special guests invited at certain shows esp the final few eg Wyman, Mick Taylor.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 25, 2010 15:15

Floorbird
I think the tour will take form where there will be special guests invited at certain shows esp the final few eg Wyman, Mick Taylor.

Wouldn't that be nice ? I'm not religious, but I would be prepared to pray a little to have that happen ...... !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 25, 2010 15:43

mtaylor
Maybe BV can make a new thread for the Farwell Tour that gathers all the threads

WOW mtaylor. Bjornulf really listens to you smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 25, 2010 16:54

That's great, that probably means (BV with his good insider Stones news) that things are really runnig for a new tour 2011-2012. yawning smiley)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 25, 2010 17:04

crawdaddy
Great in most parts of Europe to get FOS but in U.K. it always seems to be seats only to see the Stones in stadiums or arenas.

That trend has crept into Scandinavia and Germany as of 2007 too, crawdaddy. Even though there's no legal reason for insisting on it.

No doubt it'll be extended further in 2012 as a way of 'excusing' price hikes.

Re: The Rolling Stones- Evening Headline TV News..Tour?
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 25, 2010 17:16

colonial
Just over one hour ago on one of New Zealands more conservative television stations TV ONE NEWS its 6pm main News led with The Rolling Stones.They went on to say that just when alot of people thought they might of seen the last of The Rolling Stones ..well weve got news for you 2011-2012 The Rolling Stones are back and back bigtime..they didnt get into to much detail..all unofficial at this stage.
Keith always said that he would be back here one day to the Doctors and Nurses that saved his life at the Auckland Hospital after his accident in Fiji.

My toilet does not confirm this. You need to go away. Big time...with not much detail...without all the rambling. And officially.

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: July 25, 2010 18:08

RONNIE WOOD: WE'LL NEVER STOP ROCKING

ROLLING Stone Ronnie Wood yesterday denied reports that the band are quitting after 50 years, vowing: “We’ll rock till we drop.”

The Stones, who have a combined age of 268, were said to have been gearing up for a final world tour to say farewell to fans.

Guitarist Ron confirmed that he, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts ARE planning a tour – but it will NOT mean the end.

The 63-year-old said: “We have all agreed this won’t be the last time. Everyone’s rocking.”

Ron also revealed that the Stones are keen to headline at the Glastonbury festival and thrilled their 1970s album, Exile On Main Street, recently went to No1 in the charts.

source: people.co.uk
july 25 2010

Date: July 25, 2010 18:17

MICK JAGGER - "WE'LL NEVER STOP"

Mick Jagger announced, prior to his 67th birthday, that The Rolling Stones will never stop. "Oh of course not. We're The Rolling Stones, darling," he said with a toothy smile. The Rolling Stones, whose fans have a combined age of well over 3 million years old, are set to hit the road again.

However, Jagger is not sure when, exactly.

"It won't be forever, we know that," the Jag says, "but we will be touring once again. It will be huge. And I promise not to break my back."

Sir Jagger stated that they will be doing more albums. "Yeahhhh, we're gonna record, we're gonna record - we're gonna do a record and tour. It'll be great. We'll do all the hits, of course, if we didn't we'd get killed, and we'll do some new stuff and we'll have a huge stage and lots of lights and an escalator." When asked about why they ended up doing almost nothing from A Bigger Bang on that tour, he got a bit twitchy. "Well, you can't please all the people all the time." But you basically turned into a hits revue instead of playing songs from an album the tour was named after. "Well you know, mannn, I mean, you know, we've got big hits."

Source: my oval office

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 25, 2010 19:35

paulywaul
mtaylor

Is BV still with us ? He's been awful quiet of late, I was fully expecting him to MONSTER DELETE my British Airways rant thread, but no ..... it survived !!
Maybe BV is mellowing with age.winking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Re: The Rolling Stones- Evening Headline TV News..Tour?
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 25, 2010 21:13

skipstone
colonial
Just over one hour ago on one of New Zealands more conservative television stations TV ONE NEWS its 6pm main News led with The Rolling Stones.They went on to say that just when alot of people thought they might of seen the last of The Rolling Stones ..well weve got news for you 2011-2012 The Rolling Stones are back and back bigtime..they didnt get into to much detail..all unofficial at this stage.
Keith always said that he would be back here one day to the Doctors and Nurses that saved his life at the Auckland Hospital after his accident in Fiji.

My toilet does not confirm this. You need to go away. Big time...with not much detail...without all the rambling. And officially.
skipstone..hey Dude..this toilet thing ya got going on here..its not the first time ya mentioned..its like ya use for some sort of weird Crystal ball thing..skipstone dont ya have a friend or a neighbour to talk things over with..smoking smiley

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: July 25, 2010 21:24

treaclefingers
marchbaby
punkfloyd
Seems plans are coming into place:

[www.mtv.co.uk]

I hope that this is true!

Not that MTV is BBC News or anything...but probably more credible than from where the original article was posted.

A little sobering and saddening at the same time...it will be great to see them one last time, but after that, they will be gone.

The good news is that once they complete the final tour they can get down to doing some serious blues stuff in the studio. This is kind of the way I see the finish of their lives playing out. If they can stay alive and healthy there is no reason why they couldn't continue making music into their eighties like some of the other old blues men.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: July 25, 2010 21:44

duke richardson
Didn't Charlie join in January 1963? thats when it really became The Rolling Stones, imo 2013 is the 50 year mark ain't it?

January 14, 1963 was Charlie's first official gig with the Stones just six months after the Stones first official gig on July 12, 1962. Wouldn't surprise me to see them complete the tour on the 50th anniversary of Charlie's first gig, however, either way works for me. Sounds like the tour is going to run at least through the summer of 2012 so they would be very close to Charlie's date.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: July 25, 2010 23:11

I must agree that they will call it a day and bow out after a huge world tour. Sadly, it will most likely be stadiums to minimize the number of shows and maximize the audience. They will go all out on the stage,production etc....
I expect a huge production and awesome stage.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 26, 2010 00:24

ROPENI
"The band realise that age is creeping up on them. They want to bow out on top of their game, and not short-change their fans"

l am sorry to say but they have not been at the top of their game,for a long time.
"IF" this is true(personally l doubt it),they may be in for a surprise if there is not much interest,on another stadium tour,from the public...

i agree thanks for this. it's sad tho. cause i absolutely DO believe they are still capable. ALL of them that are alive and imo still have a lot to offer!!! other than the nostaliga spectacle thing. for me it's important to remember the environment that created rock and roll and the ambiance of what the stones, as premier second generation rock and rollers, brought to all of us. and it was, or SEEMED to me, about a band of fellows with their own direction and uncompromised vision, for the most part. and a huge ORIGINAL vision and wondrous magical sound and beat...and 'short changing' fans is a relative thing. for example, no friggin' balloons or towering faux cities synched up to computerized light and eye-candy elements translates to a "quality" experience to me personally. tho for a second it's like wow lookeee thereee. big deal.
frustrating a bit cause i think they are way capable of some incredible shows and records too; but they are projecting a lost image with their hype imo, and NOT doing the deal for real. keith had said decades ago that he kinda wanted to go where no band had gone in getting old and staying rock and roll and all that...
...but their emotionally honesty and committment to the stones corp. have been geared more toward spectacle and faux military conquest of record breaking millions per tour, rather than, imo, offer something that would at least seem more personal more committed more substantial in the way of their connection to the groove...as lyricists as well as performers....maybe it's all they can do. and we should be grateful for what we have. i'm not tho. it's too light...lite

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-26 00:29 by Beelyboy.

Date: July 26, 2010 00:27

Ronnie Wood: We'll never stop rocking

Jul 25 2010 by Caroline Waterston, The People

ROLLING Stone Ronnie Wood yesterday denied reports that the band are quitting after 50 years, vowing: “We’ll rock till we drop.”

The Stones, who have a combined age of 268, were said to have been gearing up for a final world tour to say farewell to fans.

Guitarist Ron confirmed that he, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts ARE planning a tour – but it will NOT mean the end.

The 63-year-old said: “We have all agreed this won’t be the last time. Everyone’s rocking.”

Ron also revealed that the Stones are keen to headline at the Glastonbury festival and thrilled their 1970s album, Exile On Main Street, recently went to No. 1 in the charts.

Source : [www.people.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-26 00:28 by Gazza.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 26, 2010 00:33

ronnie - now stones spokesman?

Date: July 26, 2010 00:42

At least this 'spokesman' has a name!

(edit - sorry, folks - didnt realise that the article had already been posted. Then again, for some reason everyone seemed to ignore it and kept focussing on the 'farewell tour' story instead....)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-26 00:43 by Gazza.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: July 26, 2010 01:15

Gazza and Keessie-- Thanks for clearing this all up!!

Date: July 26, 2010 05:05

Hey Colonial - good to see you're paying attention. Sad to see you don't get it. You'll learn.

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: July 26, 2010 13:07

From [www.examiner.com]

"it will almost certainly be their last large scale tour."
This doesn't mean there won't be anything else...

Date: July 26, 2010 15:03

stonescrow

January 14, 1963 was Charlie's first official gig with the Stones just six months after the Stones first official gig on July 12, 1962. Wouldn't surprise me to see them complete the tour on the 50th anniversary of Charlie's first gig, however, either way works for me. Sounds like the tour is going to run at least through the summer of 2012 so they would be very close to Charlie's date.

Not as close as it would be to the official 50th anniversary date which IS in the summer of 2012. Finish a tour with a show in mid-January? Er...dont think so. Where's THAT going to be? Australia?

stonescrow
The good news is that once they complete the final tour they can get down to doing some serious blues stuff in the studio. This is kind of the way I see the finish of their lives playing out. If they can stay alive and healthy there is no reason why they couldn't continue making music into their eighties like some of the other old blues men.

Like who? What makes anyone think that a band who have spent next to no time in a studio in the last 13 years even in-between tours and have showed next to no interest in recording or promoting new material are going to suddenly not only spending more and more time in the studio, but will be making the sort of music they've veered away from in the last decade, which their 'target' audience doesnt really get and which is a genre which sells in minimal numbers anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-26 17:59 by Gazza.

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: July 26, 2010 18:07

In France, many medias on internet announce the farewell tour of our boys for 2011-2012. Most of them are not very reliable, but some says that the french newspaper "Le Parisien" (which is a "real" newspaper, with "real" news) wrote today that the rolling stones are in talk with live nation for a tour in 2011-2012.

I have check on the website of "Le Parisien" : nothing !! But I start to believe that there is something somewhere... we will see.

Date: July 26, 2010 18:22

They're all just recycling the same gossip. The Stones planning a tour for 2011 isnt really something that should be a huge surprise, to be honest.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1299
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home