Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones live in 1964: BBC Radio on 2 June
Posted by: the juf ()
Date: May 25, 2010 15:02

From BBC website

Wednesday,2 June 04:00 on BBC 6 Music
Synopsis
We've an amazing, and rarely heard, Rhythm and Blues special for you this morning.
We'd go so far to say that this recording for the Mike Raven Rhythm And Blues Show, has not seen the light of day since it was first broadcast.
So what's getting us at 6 Music all excited? Georgie Fame and The Blue Flames, and The Rolling Stones, recorded at the Camden Theatre on the 19th of March, 1964, that's what. Check out the quality of the recording, the wonderful introductions to the band members, and how young Mick Jagger sounds when he sings a cover of Route 66!

[www.paulinestroosnijder.com]

Re: Stones live in 1964: BBC Radio on 2 June
Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: May 25, 2010 15:25

Great!

Superb (stereo!) versions of Cops And Robbers and Mona here...thumbs up

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 25, 2010 15:32

In case any of you Stones cats intend visiting London soon the Camden Theatre is now known as Koko and plays host to a lively disco on Fridays and Saturday. The place opened up to rock music in 1977 when it became the Music Machine.
In 1982 it re-opened as The Camden Palace with the owner/manager being Steve Strange. Anyway, here it is in all its current glory. It is right opposite Mornington Crescent tube station.

Here's some more info on the place. [www.arthurlloyd.co.uk]

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 25, 2010 15:38

I love that BBC gig/session!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 25, 2010 22:01

Silver Dagger
In case any of you Stones cats intend visiting London soon the Camden Theatre is now known as Koko and plays host to a lively disco on Fridays and Saturday. The place opened up to rock music in 1977 when it became the Music Machine.
In 1982 it re-opened as The Camden Palace with the owner/manager being Steve Strange. Anyway, here it is in all its current glory. It is right opposite Mornington Crescent tube station.

Here's some more info on the place. [www.arthurlloyd.co.uk]

Oh wow, I knew the venue was previously called Camden Palace - think Madonna performed her first ever UK show there - but wasn't aware that it was formerly the Camden Theatre. I saw Ash there in 2007. It's a nice theatre.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 25, 2010 23:58

Here's the link:
[www.bbc.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: May 26, 2010 01:28

Great news ,bit of an odd time to broadcast ''live'' music here in the UK.
As it's on BBC 6 and therefore a digital channel, what would be the best way to capture it, I'm too old to get up early to listen to music and too old to stay up and wait for it.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: May 26, 2010 08:03

What I do is: I set my digital dvd recorder and record it on hard disc, later I will cut unwanted parts and record it onto cdr via coax cable.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: May 26, 2010 09:43

riccardo99
What I do is: I set my digital dvd recorder and record it on hard disc, later I will cut unwanted parts and record it onto cdr via coax cable.

Thanks I'll give that a try.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 26, 2010 10:12

Great news. Thanks juf.
And thanks for the link Deltics.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-26 10:14 by Rolling Hansie.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: May 26, 2010 12:21

the juf
From BBC website

Wednesday,2 June 04:00 on BBC 6 Music
Synopsis
We've an amazing, and rarely heard, Rhythm and Blues special for you this morning.
We'd go so far to say that this recording for the Mike Raven Rhythm And Blues Show, has not seen the light of day since it was first broadcast.
So what's getting us at 6 Music all excited? Georgie Fame and The Blue Flames, and The Rolling Stones, recorded at the Camden Theatre on the 19th of March, 1964, that's what. Check out the quality of the recording, the wonderful introductions to the band members, and how young Mick Jagger sounds when he sings a cover of Route 66!

Thanks for the heads up on this

The Stones tracks were actually broadcast in the mid '80's for a programme called 'Stones at the Beeb' which i still have on tape somewhere,although considering the people at 6 music are probably just out of uni,i wouldn't blame them for not rememberingsmiling smiley

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 5, 2010 17:57

FLAC files now posted:
[www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: cc ()
Date: June 5, 2010 21:29

many thanks Deltics!

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: June 7, 2010 20:43

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1581
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home