Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15
Re: Keith says No new MT overdubs!
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 7, 2010 17:50

kleermaker

A very enigmatic 'explanation' to me, HM

BTW: Is that you? In any case, no wig (I guess) winking smiley thumbs up

That's not an explanation enigmatic or otherwise, just a match regarding what Mathijs said.

Also, no it is not a photo of me, it is a face palm encapsulating my disbelief at what you posted.

[en.wikipedia.org]

smiling smiley

Posted by: orson ()
Date: May 7, 2010 17:51

Mathijs
By the way, do I now understand that the only statement we have that Taylor did some overdubs is the claim that a poster on this board heard him say that?

So, there actually is not any indication at all that Taylor did overdubs? It doesn't sound like overdubs, Keith, Mick and Don Was all deny it, it must have happened about a month before PMS was released, and still we are discussing it like it is true?

Am I getting this right?

I heard from a reliable source that the lyrics where actually from an old poem by Brian Jones. Please discuss.

Mathijs

I heard from a reliable source that John Lennon did the voice overdubs on Plundered My Soul

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 7, 2010 17:51

The Greek
i think jagger will "play the game with the truth " to drum up record sales .think of it what better way to make some extra sales then to float rumours of new mick taylor overdubs .masters of deception ,just like the non exisent track credits on tattoo you !

So according to speculation of this thread there is a business conspiracy behind of all this, and seemingly win-win-situation to all parties... thanks to the EXILE connnection all the people around the globe are dying to see Mick Taylor in concert and DELUXE EXILE will sell millions when people think that legendary Mick Taylor has done some over-dubs to it... Those Stones guys, bloody hell they are clever... >grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 7, 2010 17:54

Mathijs
Gazza
His Majesty
Gazza
His Majesty
I'll ask again. Does it say in the Guitar World interview when it took place? confused smiley

No, but it says where - Mercer Hotel, New York.

Keith's interview for 'Uncut' was done in the same location - in December 2009, so I would assume its from the same interview session.

Thanks for replying Gazza! thumbs up

So it's possible that Mick Taylor overdubbed on to PMS after Keith's interview took place.

The rumours on here about Taylor adding overdubs certainly didnt start until after that. Probably Feb/March.

February/March what? 2010?

It is totally impossible to record overdubs, mix, master and then release it on the scale of a Stones release in a period not extending 2 months.

From overdub to release takes anywhere between 9 to 18 months for a band as big as the Stones.

Mathijs

9-18 months? Be serious.

When was the last time that happened? Never

And for the record, I never said Taylor overdubbed anything in February-March 2010. I said thats when the rumours broke.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 7, 2010 17:58

His Majesty
kleermaker

A very enigmatic 'explanation' to me, HM

BTW: Is that you? In any case, no wig (I guess) winking smiley thumbs up

That's not an explanation enigmatic or otherwise, just a match regarding what Mathijs said.

Also, no it is not a photo of me, it is a face palm encapsulating my disbelief at what you posted.

[en.wikipedia.org]

smiling smiley

Well, pity you enter Mathijs' smear campaign against me. Hadn't expected that of you. One can be mistaken (in this case: me).

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 7, 2010 17:58

Mathijs
Doxa
Mathijs

It is totally impossible to record overdubs, mix, master and then release it on the scale of a Stones release in a period not extending 2 months.

From overdub to release takes anywhere between 9 to 18 months for a band as big as the Stones.

Mathijs

But you know, Mathijs, that is the reason why the guitar lead was mixed so goddamn loud and poorly grinning smiley... And having Keith meanwhile in Bahamas (or wherever) might something to do why "a band as big as the Stones" might get some quick results... And this is not a typical Stones recording at all...

I would be more careful wih the term "impossible".. these people do sometimes quite impossible sounding things...

(But it was quite possible that the Taylor session took place earlier and Keith wasn't informed - for whatever reason.)

- Doxa

The biggest constraint is not so much the recording etc (you can do that quickly if needed), but to prepare and print the artwork, have the CD's printed, provide all internet shops like Itunes with the track etc., start up the promotion, have the video's ready etc etc. All this in a world-wide scale -you just need anywhere between 9 to 18 months to set this up.

Mathijs

How come a project on the scale of 'Four Flicks' managed to get into the shops in November 2003, when it contained concerts recorded in January, July and late August 2003 - all of which presumably had to be edited and mixed and God knows what else, at a time when the band were still on tour?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 7, 2010 18:04

Doxa
The Greek
i think jagger will "play the game with the truth " to drum up record sales .think of it what better way to make some extra sales then to float rumours of new mick taylor overdubs .masters of deception ,just like the non exisent track credits on tattoo you !

So according to speculation of this thread there is a business conspiracy behind of all this, and seemingly win-win-situation to all parties... thanks to the EXILE connnection all the people around the globe are dying to see Mick Taylor in concert and DELUXE EXILE will sell millions when people think that legendary Mick Taylor has done some over-dubs to it... Those Stones guys, bloody hell they are clever... >grinning smiley<

- Doxa
in this day and age of diminished record sales ,people get very creative trying to move product .so i would not put anything past jagger trying to squeeze every pound out of the public

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 7, 2010 18:09

kleermaker

Well, pity you enter Mathijs' smear campaign against me. Hadn't expected that of you. One can be mistaken (in this case: me).

There is some validity to what Mathijs says, I think your 2nd post in that thread is a perfect example of what he is talking about so I pointed it out.

No smear campaign from me.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 7, 2010 18:12

with sssoul
>> I'm in Los Angeles. Where'd you get Alabama? <<

it was in your original post, Teddy, which schillid provided a link to - [www.iorr.org] - and a quote from.
you wrote Al when you meant LA. typos happen. but it isn't strange to think Al means AL.

Actually, LA now means lower Alabama.

Date: May 7, 2010 18:15

His Majesty
kleermaker

There is some validity to what Mathijs says, I think your 2nd post in that thread is a perfect example of what he is talking about so I pointed it out.

No smear campaign from me.

Too difficult for me to find that post back. If you can quote it. But you put the blame as for the bad vibe on me only. How would you call that? It's obvious to me. Maybe I should convert myself to Briansmiling smiley.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 7, 2010 18:19

The Greek
Doxa
The Greek

- Doxa
in this day and age of diminished record sales ,people get very creative trying to move product .so i would not put anything past jagger trying to squeeze every pound out of the public

I agree. It easy to imagine Jagger wouldn't mind some extra-gossip to surround a new product (and Jagger seemingly seens to be quite serious with the project to work out fine). But as far the reports of Taylor claiming the over-dub sessions actually to have taken place I cannot see it very reasonable to think him to lie. I take that to be quite nasty and arrogant approach toward him.

- Doxa

Date: May 7, 2010 18:26

Doxa
The Greek
Doxa
The Greek

- Doxa

I agree. It easy to imagine Jagger wouldn't mind some extra-gossip to surround a new product (and Jagger seemingly seens to be quite serious with the project to work out fine). But as far the reports of Taylor claiming the over-dub sessions actually to have taken place I cannot see it very reasonable to think him to lie. I take that to be quite nasty and arrogant approach toward him.

- Doxa
i did not question taylor's credibility ,on the other hand sir jagger is a wise man when it comes to matters of finance .to my ears it sounds like jagger and Was dusted off a track(pms) without vocals ,cleaned it up a bit with some new vocals and wha la magic a-la tattoo you where the glimmers pulled some tracks out of the can and magic!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: dtklamf ()
Date: May 7, 2010 18:31

I am claiming 2 more pages at the most until kleermaker ruins the thread as usual.

Date: May 7, 2010 18:49

dtklamf
I am claiming 2 more pages at the most until kleermaker ruins the thread as usual.

Well you are an outspoken member of the smear campaign. Maybe you'll succeed. Who knows. But after me you'll need another scapegoat. Reckon on that.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: May 7, 2010 18:49

Doxa
I agree. It easy to imagine Jagger wouldn't mind some extra-gossip to surround a new product (and Jagger seemingly seems to be quite serious with the project to work out fine). But as far the reports of Taylor claiming the over-dub sessions actually to have taken place I cannot see it very reasonable to think him to lie. I take that to be quite nasty and arrogant approach toward him.

- Doxa

Exactly. Taylor just would not say that if it wasn't true. And yes, he was referring to recent overdubs.
It certainly doesn't have to take 8-10 months to get a CD ready for release nowadays.
If you have determination, skills and money you can have a brand new CD out in 6 months after studio sessions and this was a reissue that just needed some finishing touches.

Keith is a bit behind on the facts. It might sound strange but that's the way it is - blame Jagger for not giving him an update.

Date: May 7, 2010 18:52

kleermaker
dtklamf

Well you are an outspoken member of the smear campaign. Maybe you'll succeed. Who knows. But after me you'll need another scapegoat. Reckon on that.

You are making yourself a big deal for me, when you proably know I don't care about your existance at all. Just like a great MT late overdub. They don't exist for me.

Keeping it into topic.

Date: May 7, 2010 18:57

dtklamf
kleermaker
dtklamf

You are making yourself a big deal for me, when you proably know I don't care about your existance at all. Just like a great MT late overdub. They don't exist for me.

Keeping it into topic.
well said !

Date: May 7, 2010 18:59

dtklamf
kleermaker
dtklamf

Keeping it into topic.

Well, when nor I nor "a great MT late overdub" do exist for you, why then posting about both?

I wouldn't call it a great overdub, keeping it into topic.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: May 7, 2010 18:59

Some people seem to be in "The Nile".

Date: May 7, 2010 19:06

<in this day and age of diminished record sales ,people get very creative trying to move product .so i would not put anything past jagger trying to squeeze every pound out of the public>

I wish he did it with diminished cord scales.cool smiley

Date: May 7, 2010 19:15

kleermaker
dtklamf
kleermaker
dtklamf

Keeping it into topic.

Well, when nor I nor "a great MT late overdub" do exist for you, why then posting about both?

I wouldn't call it a great overdub, keeping it into topic.

I certainly read to what other people have to say. Just like cleaning up the dust when reading a book. Thats currently my action in regards to your person and certain topics.

Date: May 7, 2010 19:21

dtklamf

I certainly read to what other people have to say. Just like cleaning up the dust when reading a book. Thats currently my action in regards to your person and certain topics.

You forgot to mention the smear against me, as for your current action in regards to my person.

Date: May 7, 2010 19:25

I cant help you on your low self estime to think that I care about you.
Stop whinning once and for all.

Date: May 7, 2010 19:30

dtklamf
I cant help you on your low self estime to think that I care about you.
Stop whinning once and for all.

I'm not whining, just stating the facts. Don't worry about my selfesteem. Remember your own words about my existance. I'll help you a bit. You said: "I don't care about your existance at all." Well, that's nice. So you can easily stop the smear. Otherwise: go on with it. I don't care.

Date: May 7, 2010 19:34

Still whinning? Your mom should have hugged you more. Now you are just trying to get attention. I am out.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 7, 2010 19:34

Gazza
Mathijs
Doxa
Mathijs

Mathijs

But you know, Mathijs, that is the reason why the guitar lead was mixed so goddamn loud and poorly grinning smiley... And having Keith meanwhile in Bahamas (or wherever) might something to do why "a band as big as the Stones" might get some quick results... And this is not a typical Stones recording at all...

I would be more careful wih the term "impossible".. these people do sometimes quite impossible sounding things...

(But it was quite possible that the Taylor session took place earlier and Keith wasn't informed - for whatever reason.)

- Doxa

The biggest constraint is not so much the recording etc (you can do that quickly if needed), but to prepare and print the artwork, have the CD's printed, provide all internet shops like Itunes with the track etc., start up the promotion, have the video's ready etc etc. All this in a world-wide scale -you just need anywhere between 9 to 18 months to set this up.

Mathijs

How come a project on the scale of 'Four Flicks' managed to get into the shops in November 2003, when it contained concerts recorded in January, July and late August 2003 - all of which presumably had to be edited and mixed and God knows what else, at a time when the band were still on tour?

I'm under the impression that work got a little hectic as the release date got nearer. (same impression I had with ABB, btw.)
in the amazon snippet there's a Taylor lick to be heared, which is left out in the official release. that could point to last minute adjustments - but doesn't have to.
maybe they just used a wrong or early version.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 7, 2010 19:50

News Flash:

Mick Taylor Says No Keith Richards Overdubs!

Date: May 7, 2010 19:51

71Tele
News Flash:

Mick Taylor Says No Keith Richards Overdubs!

The best in my book!!thumbs up

Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: May 7, 2010 20:06

kleermaker
Amsterdamned has stated that he has a reliable source that says that Taylor did also the rhythm part. He said that days ago.

I guess you mean this?

Amsterdamned
It's both Taylor on lead & rhythm.
No Keith involved.

or

Amsterdamned
It's both Taylor on lead & rhythm.
No Keith involved. 100% shure.

or

Amsterdamned
I really know the truth about it. Believe me or not.
It's Taylor on Lead and rhythm.
No Keith involved.

or

Amsterdamned
It's not Keith but Mick. .I'am as sure as possible.cool smiley

or

Amsterdamned
Mick both ,recreation track too.I'm well informed.
The truth may be told.

or

Amsterdamned
Keith wasn't involved.. I know it.

or this?

Amsterdamned
Mick T did the lead and rhythm,.I got this from a well informed source.

Sorry but this post suggests that Amsterdamned is a liar.

Amsterdamned
Mathijs
Do you have any actual proof that Taylor is playing the open G part, other than just repeatedly stating "it's Taylor?

Mathijs

No I don't have.But I can imagine it could be

All that "i have proof its Taylor and not Keith" nonsense!! Hahaha!! And all the time he/she was IMAGINING it was Taylor.

Amsterdamned you have been exposed as a liar.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 7, 2010 20:30

.......................pants on fire ...............GET A GRIP PEOPLE!

One thing about PMS - it's had more posts about it than any other Stones track.

sc uk

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1612
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home