Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help Needed: Roxio Error Message when Trying to Copy
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 4, 2008 00:14

I have been copying DVDs and CDs just fine and suddenly, I get this message, and it happens over and over no matter what disk I am copying:

Disc Copy: There was a problem reading the disc you are trying to copy. Please make sure your disc is free of fingerprints, scratches, or dust then try again.

I should note that I am copying from a CD/DVD play drive to a CD/DVD Rewriteable drive, both in the same computer.

What might be the problem, or what might I try?

It's a lot slower to copy something to the hard drive, then burn that file back to a disc.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-04 00:14 by timbernardis.

Re: Help Needed: Roxio Error Message when Trying to Copy
Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: August 4, 2008 00:49

I use NERO and it works fine for me, try it!

Martín

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 4, 2008 01:20

I've had that happen too with both Nero and roxio , it happened last week again and I had just reinstalled roxio because Nero kept taking too long, I just persevere with copying on the same DVD burner that way you don't waste DVDs, it used to work on my sons laptop before he dropped it ,shame.
Hope thats of some help

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: August 4, 2008 01:26

Usually when that happens on me the disc has got a bad place in it but HAS happened once other than that. I had to rip the disc to Windows Media and then drag the file to roxio. It worked but I had those annoying 2 sec gaps!

Date: August 4, 2008 02:37

Does the re-instaling work (I guess uninstall then reinstall) ?

is it something in the Roxio program or might it just be a matter of cleaning the disk drive and if so, with what?

Nero is not free, is it?

And what does this mean "I just persevere with copying on the same DVD burner" -- how does that help? After maybe 3 disks, I quit that and started copying onto DVD RWs where wasting disks is not an issue, but still have the same problem.

p

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: August 4, 2008 06:04

If I understand it right you burn the discs 'on-the-fly' from one drive to the other? Without ripping them first to your HDD?

Maybe you should only use your CD/DVD -RW Drive to copy to your harddrive and then burn in a slow speed (especially for DVD) onto disc.
This will take some time but it' s much safer than 'on-the-fly'.
I never had problems with that.
But if you have problems with reading the discs on both drives it might be really a software problem.

BTW, do you have already get all the nice photos from Duisburg last month?

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 4, 2008 06:59

First, try another blank disc if you haven't. Actually, try several. This sounds like a media problem.

Here are some other possible solutions:

If it's an external drive doing the burning, try a slower rate -- instead of 'Best' use 4x or even 2x.

If it's a MAC, you might try a total reboot, and might be wise to disconnect the (Firewire?) burner and reconnect so the computer re-recognizes it.

If you are/ever get an 'unstable' connection, you need to run your Disk First Aid from your system disc and fix the 'permissions' errors.

J

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: August 4, 2008 10:28

I had the same problem and thought my burner was broken so I bought a new one. Same problem. Turned out Nero was corrupt. Did a re-install and it worked fine.

Date: August 9, 2008 02:39

Rolling on
If I understand it right you burn the discs 'on-the-fly' from one drive to the other? Without ripping them first to your HDD?

Maybe you should only use your CD/DVD -RW Drive to copy to your harddrive and then burn in a slow speed (especially for DVD) onto disc.
But if you have problems with reading the discs on both drives it might be really a software problem.

BTW, do you have already get all the nice photos from Duisburg last month?

jesus, rolling, i must have met u at duisburg, but for the life of me, there are a number of people i met and cant remember names.

no i have not received those fotos yet, i just have my own and those that have been posted on treff. I also posted a few here, but there was an uproar so I deleted them.

And i do have the video i shot of that day which i have been requested to send to deutschland.

plexi

Date: August 9, 2008 02:45

Rolling On wrote:

[see replies in-text]

YES THAT IS CORRECT

JUST ONE DRIVE

JMarko wrote:

If it's an external drive doing the burning, try a slower rate -- instead of 'Best' use 4x or even 2x.

NOT AN EXTERNAL DRIVE, BUT BOTH OF U SUGGEST BURNING AT A SLOWER RATE -- WHY, AND I MEAN WHY 1)FOR CDS AND 2) FOR DVDS

IS THE QUALITY SOMEHOW BETTER?

AND DOESNT THIS METHOD TAKE A LOT LONGER, RATHER THAN THE 15 MINUTES PER DISK THAT ROXIO TAKES?

AND IF I DO CHOOSE TO COPY THEM FIRST TO MY HARD DRIVE AND THEN BURNING TO DISK, HOW DO I CHOOSE THE SPEED BOTH IN COPYING, THEN IN BURNING??

plexi

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 9, 2008 16:10

timbernardis
Rolling On wrote:

NOT AN EXTERNAL DRIVE, BUT BOTH OF U SUGGEST BURNING AT A SLOWER RATE -- WHY, AND I MEAN WHY 1)FOR CDS AND 2) FOR DVDS

IS THE QUALITY SOMEHOW BETTER?

AND DOESNT THIS METHOD TAKE A LOT LONGER, RATHER THAN THE 15 MINUTES PER DISK THAT ROXIO TAKES?

plexi

The slower speed allows the information to be sent to the burner more successfully. Doesn't affect the quality, just improves odds of success.

Well, it may take longer, but you'll probably save time and money by not burning bad discs or getting error messages.

J

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1974
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home