Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

best brussels affair
Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: July 23, 2016 07:19

I want to find the best Brussels affair to purchase. I've heard that "the definitive edition" bootleg is better than the official release, but I've also heard that a boot called "bunnies, bombs, busts and a princess" is the best. Advice?

Re: best brussels affair
Date: July 23, 2016 09:40

Different shows.

"Europe '73" is excellent.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 23, 2016 16:46

'The best' is very subjective, what do you mean?

Date: July 23, 2016 17:57

Follow this link : [www.rollingstonesnet.com] and scroll down to the bottom .

The whole page has good information.

There are two mixes (before the official one was released) ..... one for the 1974 radio broadcast and one for a mid-'80's rebroadcast.

The best sources for the '70's mixes are VGP "Europe '73" and VGP "Bedspring Symphony".

"You Can't Always Get What You Want" from "Headin' for an Overload".

For the '80's remixes, "Nasty Remixes 20-bit Master" is the best source.

The "Brussels Affair Definitive Edition" is not actually the definitive edition for sound quality. Great sound quality but not the absolute best out there. It is good for its comprehensive track list and essential bonus tracks,though.

"Bunnies, Bombs, Busts and a Princess" if I recall,is an EQ'd version from a Japanese record label. Empress Valley perhaps. Great sound there as well if you like the EQ result but many prefer no EQ.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 23, 2016 18:27

The vinyl I've had for years is bootleg "Brussels Affair 1973". I would have to dig it out to see the record company that released it.

I love this version, it is possibly my ultimate Stones album. I ripped it to digital long ago, and when they officially released it I was so excited. However not for log, I am just amazed how much better my vinyl rip sounds over the official release (I've listened to all official versions).

And it's not even close, it is irritating to my ears listening to the official one. From the clarity of the instruments, the vocals, the sound, every aspect on the bootleg is superior to my ears.

Date: July 23, 2016 19:46

LeonidP
The vinyl I've had for years is bootleg "Brussels Affair 1973". I would have to dig it out to see the record company that released it.

I love this version, it is possibly my ultimate Stones album. I ripped it to digital long ago, and when they officially released it I was so excited. However not for log, I am just amazed how much better my vinyl rip sounds over the official release (I've listened to all official versions).

And it's not even close, it is irritating to my ears listening to the official one. From the clarity of the instruments, the vocals, the sound, every aspect on the bootleg is superior to my ears.

<
I am just amazed how much better my vinyl rip sounds over the official release (I've listened to all official versions).>

It's not the same concerts, except for MR and BS, though. They don't sound better on BA, imo. The mix is very unbalanced on BS.

BA is also the classic bootleg I grew up with. Love it, although the sound on Europe '73 is superior, imo.

Posted by: DoctorStone ()
Date: July 24, 2016 11:46

i got addicted (in 1983 or 1984) when a friend taped "nasty songs" for me. this double LP was re-published in the 1990s as "jump" (2LP/2CD). yes, it does contain some tracks of the 1972 u.s. tour. but in my opinion it is the greatest live recording ever. the version of gimme shelter is much better than on the 1st brussels affair (chameleon records), heartbreaker is the same but i owned some prints of the brussels affair cd with one destorted channel for 1-2 minutes in heartbreaker. midnight rambler is also the best version ever: 13 minutes.
i could write much more about best versions but i think it also does matter which recording in what period of live you hear. nasty songs is my favorite boot ever.
good luck and enjoy.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 24, 2016 13:32

Label/Publisher posts can be found here [www.iorr.org]

Look for Brussels 1 st show under the following entries

Chamelion Records RS 1973.10.17 Cham 8812 gold
Chamelion Records RS 1973.10.17 1st Cham 8812
Halcyon RS 1973.10.17 1st Halcyon
Pignose Records RS 1973.10.17 1st+Var.1973 PGN-139
Singer's Original Double Disk RS 1973.10.17 1st SODD 081
Sister Morphine RS 1973.10.17 1st Morph18
Vinyl RS 1973.10.17 1st Excitable Recordworks 4508-1
Vinyl RS 1973.10.17 1st Flashback
Vinyl Gang Products RS 1973.10.17 VGP 043
Vinyl Gang Products RS 1973.10.17 1st VGP 088
Vinyl Gang Products RS 1973.10.17 1st VGP 088 V2
Voodoo Jungle Records RS 1973.10.17 VJ-R 021

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home