Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Let's Spend The Night Together VHS
Posted by: varv ()
Date: July 1, 2016 18:34

Looking for a nice VHS to DVD transfer of this movie. I can either buy a copy or I would be more than willing to trade my official DVD version with case and artwork. It's in like new condition,only watched once and not even all the way through at that.

Re: Let's Spend The Night Together VHS
Posted by: DoctorStone ()
Date: July 1, 2016 19:12

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-01 19:20 by DoctorStone.

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: July 1, 2016 20:09

Confused!

Why would you want the VHS transfer to dvd if you already have the official DVD?

Unless you're saying that the offical dvd is not the same as the VHS.

Date: July 1, 2016 20:20

The original VHS runs at the right speed. The new official DVD version is sped up. Many people don't seem to care so that's why I'm offering to trade my official DVD or pay for a good quality VHS to DVD transfer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-01 20:26 by varv.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: July 1, 2016 21:22

Hi,
What is this for an explanation?
I did thrown away my VHS when DVD was available.
Right speed???
I saw them in 1973 in Antwerp.
I saw them in 2014 Werchter.
And in between 70 or 80 times.
They played in '73 ""Jumping Jack Flash""
Do you think they played in 2014 this song at the same speed?
Listen to the last 15 minutes of Brussels, I think they can't do it nowadays, and that's normaly due to the ages.
Greets, tioms
In '73, I was 23, now I'm 66, Do you think i'm as fast as in '73?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-01 21:27 by tioms.

Date: July 1, 2016 21:34

tioms
Hi,
What is this for an explanation?
I did thrown away my VHS when DVD was available.
Right speed???
I saw them in 1973 in Antwerp.
I saw them in 2014 Werchter.
And in between 70 or 80 times.
They played in '73 ""Jumping Jack Flash""
Do you think they played in 2014 this song at the same speed?
Listen to the last 15 minutes of Brussels, I think they can't do it nowadays, and that's normaly due to the ages.
Greets, tioms
In '73, I was 23, now I'm 66, Do you think i'm as fast as in '73?

Hey TIoms,
Varv is not talking about how fast the song is played on different tours he is talking about the same show compared from VHS to DVD.

He is saying that when he listens to the DVD of the same show on VHS he finds that the speed is faster.

Date: July 1, 2016 21:45

Who cares?
Maybe there is a different speed between DVD & BLU-RAY!
Maybe the Blu-Ray is at thesame speed as the VHS!
Go for to find out!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-01 21:51 by tioms.

Date: July 1, 2016 21:59

Let me walk you through this again tioms. The original LSTNT movie was released on VHS. That original officially released version ran at the correct speed. Lions Gate released LSTNT on DVD and it has been sped up. A lot.The new DVD version is faster than the old VHS version. And regardless,the passage of time shouldn't make the Stones slow down or speed up on a movie that's already been released. By the way I'm 61. I saw them in 1969 in Champaign Illinois. I saw them in Indianapolis in 2015. They were great both times and all the times in between. Hope I've cleared things up.

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: July 1, 2016 23:43

Was it ever actually "officially" released? On video or dvd?

I know I have the vhs in box and DVDs from different sources.

But it's been so long since they have been available I thought they were bootlegs

This film would make a good box set release with other takes from the venues included in the footage plus the audio soundtracks

Date: July 2, 2016 00:17

The VHS was sold officially. I own it. As for DVD not sure all i seen is on torents and other sites from different sources.

Same thing applies for the 25 X 5 The Continueing Adventures of the Rolling Stones was officially sold on VHS but not on DVD.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-02 00:20 by THE DON.

Date: July 2, 2016 00:19

This is a never ending discussion from my part,....greets
Good luck where someone is looking for.

Date: July 2, 2016 00:21

Officially released? I thought they both were. I'm pretty sure the VHS was officially released. I used to rent it back in the old VCR days. I assumed Lion's Gate's DVD version was authorized but I could be wrong. At any rate there is a vast difference in the two versions. And yes,what you said about a box set.

Date: July 2, 2016 00:59

Oh and Tioms if you don't agree or like this discussion than just don't read or answer this post. It's simple as that.

After all everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-02 00:59 by THE DON.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 2, 2016 02:58

varv
Officially released? I thought they both were. I'm pretty sure the VHS was officially released. I used to rent it back in the old VCR days. I assumed Lion's Gate's DVD version was authorized but I could be wrong. At any rate there is a vast difference in the two versions. And yes,what you said about a box set.

LSTNT was definitely released in the UK by Warner Home Video in 1982. Catalogue no. PES 38055 ..........C. Rainbow films inc.

Here's some US versions on Ebay.........[www.ebay.co.uk]

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: July 2, 2016 03:37

thanks for the info

here in the USA I have the following officially released vhs tapes
but no Lets Spend the Night Together VHS USA release in my collection

I see the ebay UK LSNT VHS for sale, but USA?

Gimme Shelter plus also official DVD
Rewind plus bootleg DVD
25x5 plus bootleg DVD
Voodoo Lounge plus Bootleg DVD
Voodoo Lounge Live Giants Stadium plus bootleg DVD
At The Max official computer video disc, plus bootleg DVD
HBO MSG promo VHS 2003

In The Park 69 bootleg VHS official DVD
At The Marquee 71 bootleg VHS official DVD
Rock N Roll Circus color plus bootleg b/w VHS official color DVD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-02 03:44 by deardoctortake1.

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: July 6, 2016 01:23

Varv, you can get the japanese BD version at best quality available and with the correct speed. I've purchased it a few years ago in ebay, check it there.

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: July 6, 2016 02:21

varv
Looking for a nice VHS to DVD transfer of this movie. I can either buy a copy or I would be more than willing to trade my official DVD version with case and artwork. It's in like new condition,only watched once and not even all the way through at that.

Just been checking things, I have the VHS UK version - and I transferred the contents to DVD5 (two discs) several years ago when I had the means and opportunity.
Everything looks fine, DVD1 ends with YCAGWYW and DVD2 starts with the band intros.
Obviously, the quality is not up to DVD standard - but you know that already!
Funnily enough, I do not have the DVD official release version so cannot compare...I will try and correct that this week...

I am happy to post the VHS/DVD but I guess it is still 'official' content, despite the age of the original VHS tape, so that would be a no-no.
I am sure I/We can sort something out as required...

Date: July 6, 2016 21:32

Thanks a lot Zagalo,I appreciate your offer but I 'm gonna try the Japanese Blu ray and hope for the best. And thanks for letting me know about it adrianmfa2.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 7, 2016 00:04

I do have the official USA vhs I bought way back when. I don't have a vcr anymore but the official dvd version is just as good (other than the cropping effect to make it widescreen). I never noticed the speed difference.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: July 7, 2016 04:31

varv
Thanks a lot Zagalo,I appreciate your offer but I 'm gonna try the Japanese Blu ray and hope for the best. And thanks for letting me know about it adrianmfa2.

I got the Japanese bluRay - it's beautiful !!

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: July 8, 2016 15:35

smileys with beer

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 8, 2016 19:34

Why not get the officaly released "from the vault Hampton Coliseum live in 1981" ,which i am pretty sure Hal Ashby directed it comes in a cd/dvd .The knock i have on "let's Spend the Night Together" is that it is edited where the songs are chopped and not complete .Yes they do have a start and a finish but they are cut to shrink the time down.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home