Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request - Photos from Hampden Park, Glasgow August 25, 2006
Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: January 26, 2016 23:57

Does anybody here have any photos from the 2006 Glasgow show?

I have the radio broadcast which is excellent but would love some pictures from the show too. Great memories.

Re: Request - Photos from Hampden Park, Glasgow August 25, 2006
Date: January 30, 2016 12:43

Bump

Date: February 5, 2016 00:10

Anyone?

Don't make me beg now!

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: February 5, 2016 20:42

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: February 6, 2016 01:43

I have some personal photos taken from my small camera somewhere in a box I will look them out. Not as good or professional as the John Gunion shot here.

I was at the gig and this confirms Keith was the worst for ware, I remember he hardly moved and looked very slow in delivering his chords , pity as this was the Gig BBC recorded for the broadcast of the UK shows of 2006, Flash forward 10 years wow - he looks more healthier now than then.

Date: February 6, 2016 01:53

I have some personal photos taken from my small camera somewhere in a box I will look them out. Not as good or professional as the John Gunion shot here.

I was at the gig and this confirms Keith was the worst for ware, I remember he hardly moved and looked very slow and deliberate in delivering his chords , pity as this was the Gig BBC recorded for the broadcast of the UK shows of 2006, Flash forward 10 years wow - he looks more healthier now than then.

Date: February 6, 2016 15:21

That would be great Tonstone, I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks for the Keith pic Johnh.
He does look very ill in that pic.
Those shows from that era were very hit and miss sadly.
2007 was easily the worst leg, but 2006 was patchy too.

I remember the surprise when they came back in 2012 and Keith had improved so much.

Date: February 6, 2016 18:00

mikehat
That would be great Tonstone, I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks for the Keith pic Johnh.
He does look very ill in that pic.
Those shows from that era were very hit and miss sadly.
2007 was easily the worst leg, but 2006 was patchy too.

I remember the surprise when they came back in 2012 and Keith had improved so much.

Ok I'll try and find them they are in a box in my attic somewhere. I think Keith may have been drinking heavier then. I agree saw them at Hyde Park 2013 they and Keith were much better.And having listened to some of the 2015 shows they sound a lot tighter and more focused.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 6, 2016 21:22

I Googled Rolling Stones Glasgow 2006 and found these pics but there's no verification of which performance.

LINK

Date: February 6, 2016 22:00

exilestones
I Googled Rolling Stones Glasgow 2006 and found these pics but there's no verification of which performance.

LINK

Thanks for the pic Exile - Though I don't think this is Glasgow, Keith kept his white cap on all show. Ronnie was great that night, He does not always get the credit he deserves but he and Mick kept that show together. Mick was the ultimate professional. Ronnie played both parts with the weaving, he was majestic. But that's what real partners do, If one is off then the other covers, hey but when THEY both are firing we got the STONES'

Date: February 7, 2016 15:17

you're welcome smiling smiley I was at the gig as well... Keith really doesn't look great does he? Ronnie was good that night I thought. Highlight for me was "Sway", although the lack of interest from the majority of the crowd around me when they played it showed why they don't do many non-hits live.

Date: February 7, 2016 15:19

I dont think any of the band had just tshirts on that night... it was pretty cold , it is a Scottish summer remember!! I'm sure Mick had a purple shirt on! There was a Sway video on the official Stones page shot at the gig

Date: February 7, 2016 15:21

Date: February 7, 2016 19:51

Thanks to John H I was able to search the photographer's name and 'Rolling Stones' to find this image. Getty Images has almost every concert it seems.

Date: February 7, 2016 19:57

Then at Getty Images you can search "John Gunion Rolling Stones" and find more images!

[www.gettyimages.com]

Click LICENSE to purchase images.

Date: February 7, 2016 19:58

Date: February 7, 2016 21:03

Once you are on the Getty Images website you can use their search engine to find all of the Stones images they have. I searched "Rolling Stones 2006" and found 37 pages of Rolling Stones 2006 images! I could follow the tour.

[www.gettyimages.com]

Sometimes if I right- click on the image and 'search google for image' I can find the same image in different quality (resolution) without watermarks or banners if they were published online such as this one:

Then click on "ALL SIZES."

When searching Google for image (with Google Chrome browser) you may find several copies of the same image from various websites. These various websites can sometimes provide more information about the image (photo) such as name of photographer, date, location and other assorted details.

When I first saw this post I figured I could find some photos since I'm a rabid Rolling Stones photo Hunter. Group efforts on this forum are awesome!

I started a 1981-1982 photo thread here (all help is appreciated): [www.iorr.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home