Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Swans Sails and Ozzie Ales Bootleg
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 25, 2015 03:41

Just received my copy from Italy of the bootleg Swans Sails and Ozzie Ales, the 2 Perth Arena Shows from Oct/Nov 2014.

Great recordings. Great memories. Great shows. GREAT package. Mick Jagger 'whispering" to Mick Taylor at the beginning of Midnight Rambler in the intro of the second show...this recording obviously comes from his mix somehow, Jagger is very prominent, not overly, just obvious. At the end of Midnight Rambler too, after the song had exploded in the middle with some unusual pounding wha-wha (best way I can describe it - and so different to every other version I have heard) Jagger proudly whispers, to no-one but to himself, though no doubt the band with earpieces would have picked it up - and THIS recording certainly does!:

"F*****g hell....what happened there?", as in "Jesus, we went off on that didn't we"?

BUT the highlight for me is one of the bonus tracks, from the sound-check, on the last disc.

They 'rehearse' All Down the Line. It takes the whole band around 3 or 4 minutes to find their way into the song, individuals drift in and out before they all hammer it home for the final 4 minutes of the song. But in the first 3-4 minutes....I dunno, I HEAR a new song in there. There's a funky little bit of interplay, a LOT of interplay actually, between Keith and Charlie, and some percussion that definitely has the makings of a new tune. GREAT STUFF. They wheedle in and out of this riffing, before finally getting to All Down the Line...very tasty.

Reminds me of a lot of the Voodoo Brew, Voodoo Stew stuff - you know there's a diamond in amongst the music - you just wish THEY would remember it and work on it!

Rod

Re: Swans Sails and Ozzie Ales Bootleg
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 25, 2015 11:09

It's a knock-off of this boot :
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 25, 2015 11:58

It is indeed a great recording and a great show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-25 11:59 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 26, 2015 17:43

You aren't planning to share it here, are you?

Btw, I'm still seeding the EVSD version at ELL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home