Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re-Post: Ticket announcement 1976 - available until 3rd September
Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: August 11, 2014 00:51

I've just been sorting through some old reel to reel tapes and realise I'd recorded a radio announcement about the ticket sales for the 1976 tour.

Thought people may find it interesting. It contains the usual speculation about whether this will be the last tour! (Well, they had been around for 13 years, and can't go on for ever.......winking smiley )

[we.tl]
(file up until 17 August)

Now re-upped - available until 3rd September
[we.tl]

I managed to catch them at Leicester on this tour - a great night - Clapton appeared as guest - but I've never come across a full boot of this Saturday night performance - anyone know if one exists?

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-31 21:43 by stoneman333.

Re: Ticket announcement 1976 - and Leicester show, 15 May 1976
Date: August 11, 2014 01:51

Thanks a lot Stoneman! And regarding a complete bootleg, dbboots.com doesn't even have a single entry...

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: August 11, 2014 04:39

Thanks a lot for this - great stuff - very happy to get the tickets in the post at the time!
I was there too on the 15th - first Stones concert - I remember the rush to get in - The Meters were great - and then being completely blown away by the band cool smiley
The only bits of music I have (and they are all incomplete) is from "The Stones On The Road" ITV This Week documentary with interviews - on YouTube - excellent viewing...

Cheers

Date: August 11, 2014 13:51

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Thanks a lot Stoneman! And regarding a complete bootleg, dbboots.com doesn't even have a single entry...

Thanks BeforeTheyMakeMeRun. I'd checked dbboots and realised there only appears to be the Friday night circulating.

Thanks also Zagalo. Again, I'd tracked down the "Stones on the Road" Documentary, and as you say there's a bit of the Saturday night on there, but not much. I suppose something may surface, but I'm not very hopeful after all these years.

Re: Post: Ticket announcement 1976 - and Leicester show, 15 May 1976
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 11, 2014 20:34

Thanks for the anouncements, and indeed only 6 incomplete tracks for this date.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: August 22, 2014 14:49

Zagalo
Thanks a lot for this - great stuff - very happy to get the tickets in the post at the time!
I was there too on the 15th - first Stones concert - I remember the rush to get in - The Meters were great - and then being completely blown away by the band cool smiley
The only bits of music I have (and they are all incomplete) is from "The Stones On The Road" ITV This Week documentary with interviews - on YouTube - excellent viewing...

Cheers

And I was there too...so that makes 3 of us cos the friend I went with died this year :-(

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 22, 2014 16:13

Hi Stoneman, any chance you could reup this, I missed it, TIA of course if you don't mind.............smileys with beer

Date: August 27, 2014 13:01

EddieByword
Hi Stoneman, any chance you could reup this, I missed it, TIA of course if you don't mind.............smileys with beer

Only just seen your request EddieByword - but no problems - file re-posted and available until 3rd September smiling smiley

[we.tl]

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 28, 2014 17:07

Pls tell me I'm brain dead! All I get is the ticket announcement but no show!!! Help! I've even BEEN to Leicester!

Cheers

Date: August 28, 2014 17:21

HEILOOBAAS
Pls tell me I'm brain dead! All I get is the ticket announcement but no show!!! Help! I've even BEEN to Leicester!

Cheers

Hi HEILOOBAAS - you're not brain dead - unfortunately there is no show sad smiley - if you read the rest of my first post you'll see that I'm asking if a boot of this show exists.

Apparently there are only extracts of a few songs, on other boots, as you'll see by some of the responses.

I just posted the ticket announcement as a piece of Stones history.

I accept that the post title is a little confusing, so I'll edit it!!

Re: Post: Ticket announcement 1976 - and ticket for the Leicester show, 15 May 1976
Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 28, 2014 17:48

You're very kind. I was just listening to FANFARE/HONKY TONK WOMEN from LASunday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home