Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How to upload to 'wetransfer'...................
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 3, 2012 22:26

'wetransfer' is very easy............You have a folder on your HD with a show in it. Create a zipfile from that using whichever extractor program you use, ie Winzip or Tugzip or 7zip etc. Go onto 'wetransfer'.... [www.wetransfer.com] ............click Go........a new page will open up. Click 'Add files'...Browse through to where the Zipfile is on your HD.....Double click it,,,it will then be added to 'wetransfer'...you will see it named in the box there.
Then send it to yourself....To do this put your own email address in the 'Friends email address' box and also put your email address in the 'your email address' box........then click on the 'agree to privacy rules' box and then click 'Go'

It can take quite a long time for it to be transferred to your email address. It took 8 hours for me to send myself 1GB the other day. Once it has all arrived you'll receive two emails, one thanking you for using 'wetransfer' the other with a link to download the file you've just sent to yourself. Copy this link (shortcut) and paste it on IORR..............others can then D/L from it.........it will stay available for 1 week.......You can add either one file or multiple files when you set it up, upto a max of 2GB..........(In a single transfer)...

(However, if you send multilple shows on a single transfer you will only get one link to post, ie A downloader would have to take all the shows in one download even if he/she only wanted one of them.
So....................
If you want to create seperate posts for different shows best to send them seperately in multiple 'send to yourself operations'. You can do these transfer operations similtaneously. Send one file to yourself and then you can immediately repeat the operation, ie You could have multiple shows being transferred to yourself seperately but at the same time)

As I say it can take a while to transfer to yourself - but once you have the link it's pretty much the same as any other to D/L.....

OK..........do let me know if you get stuck, I'll get back to you asap then, OK, Cheers, Eddie

You can also upload the Stonesvault using the upload link on this page .....scroll down a bit.... ........ [www.iorr.org] ...............once a show is uploaded on Stonesvault it will stay permanently.

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-27 02:21 by EddieByword.

Re: How to upload to 'wetransfer'...................
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 3, 2012 22:35

Okay, thanks Eddy. I'll give it a try with the London 9-9-1973 show with the soundboard songs included.

Date: July 3, 2012 22:48

kleermaker
Okay, thanks Eddy. I'll give it a try with the London 9-9-1973 show with the soundboard songs included.

OK, excellent, you shouldn't have any problems unless you're like me and temporarily forget how to spell your own email address.........confused smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 3, 2012 23:01

EddieByword
kleermaker

OK, excellent, you shouldn't have any problems unless you're like me and temporarily forget how to spell your own email address.........confused smiley

The problem is that I'm just like that Eddy grinning smiley

Date: September 29, 2012 03:51

up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2227
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home