Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Megaupload killed by the FBI
Posted by: rubycatgirl ()
Date: January 21, 2012 17:34

Sure it's about the MONEY but nobody would "buy" the FBI action if it wasn't under the guise of justice...
Anyway, we're not even considered: we're just a bunch of hippies...

'...I said we...we are heaven bound...'

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 21, 2012 18:21

Speak for yourself.
I'm just here to observe the hippies and report activity

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 22, 2012 14:37

Munichhilton
Speak for yourself.
I'm just here to observe the hippies and report activity

Money for inhaling old rope then ?....... smoking smiley

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: January 22, 2012 23:43

Filesonic is down too

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 23, 2012 18:01

Storage sites unnerved by Megaupload action

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: January 24, 2012 00:23

Thanx Deltics. A lot of very good comments ( as the one I wrote (?) on Tell Me, which not all liked!)
One good comment: " Does this Pro-Ip law have any weight outside the US? Dont think so, but goverment are just doing what they`re told, regardless of actual legal jurisdiction" - "Also I really get tired of US forcing their laws on us, it says that they can step on whoewer they want, whenewer they want, and our goverments, lusting after the American doller, suck up to them"
Great words!!thumbs up
I think Rapidshare and others are smart, simply cut their servers in US to protect themselves. I would really "like" to se the US invade Switzerland!

cheers Bo winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-24 00:36 by hedegaard.

Date: January 24, 2012 00:40

hedegaard
Thanx Deltics. A lot of very good comments ( as the one I wrote on Tell Me, which not all liked!)
One good comment: " Does this Pro-Ip law have any weight outside the US? Dont think so, but goverment are just doing what they`re told, regardless of actual legal jurisdiction" - "Also I really get tired of US forcing their laws on us, it says that they can step on whoewer they want, whenewer they want, and our goverments, lusting after the American doller, suck up to them"
Great words!!thumbs up
I think Rapidshare and others are smart, simply cut their servers in US to protect themselves. I would really "like" to se the US invade Switzerland!

cheers Bo winking smiley

LOL...if they did that most of the 'top' americans would surely suddenly become very poor............

WE CAN'T INVADE THEM...... ALL OUR MONEY IS IN SWITZERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....for a rainy day

Date: January 24, 2012 01:03

LOL - Eddie your right! I think I,ll go for Rapidshare!

cheers to you my frind winking smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 24, 2012 02:37

I'm with Eddie on this one

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: January 24, 2012 03:04

If my memory works fine, most of the providers some years ago sold their service,
argued the people that if they suscribe to their offers, they can download everything they want, when they want and faster than ever...
It seems that times they are a changin' and that most of those
who complain now,( I mean the Big Business machine) are a bunch of hypocrite ,we should get the message boys, one guy should pay for his crime (MU 's Boss),
that's the law, and you all know Bobby Fuller's song winking smiley

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-24 03:05 by Honestman.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 24, 2012 21:03

Wonder if this campaign will have any noteable effect...effect on the sales anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-24 21:59 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: January 25, 2012 00:16

Is that a dream?? I hope not, a whole month whitout our money in the industry pocket would be great! This idea needs lot of publicity (on internet, then on news paper and TV) to be enough popular... then maybe we can score!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-25 00:22 by Argentino.

Posted by: rockshow2112 ()
Date: January 25, 2012 01:35

Oh man, what a truly brilliant idea! Only because it's a month. I know the video game nerds might go a little nuts, but hey! It's only a month. lol
BUT.....you gotta start a campaign on Facebook. That's where everyone will see! Craigslist, twitter, wherever you can think of.
That's alot of time to get a bunch of people to really think about it. And you are 100% correct, that missing month will hurt them. Doesn't seem like alot, but it is to those greedy bastards.
Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 25, 2012 01:39

Hi Rockshow, yes it's a brilliant idea! - it's not mine though
Hope you all put this poster up every place you can think of

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-25 01:57 by Erik_Snow.

Date: January 25, 2012 03:20

rockshow2112
Oh man, what a truly brilliant idea! Only because it's a month. I know the video game nerds might go a little nuts, but hey! It's only a month. lol
BUT.....you gotta start a campaign on Facebook. That's where everyone will see! Craigslist, twitter, wherever you can think of.
That's alot of time to get a bunch of people to really think about it. And you are 100% correct, that missing month will hurt them. Doesn't seem like alot, but it is to those greedy bastards.
Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thumbs up

Posted by: rubycatgirl ()
Date: January 25, 2012 12:54

rockshow2112
Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To realize that this is something the industry itself would never do: to boycot the market. Don't sell a single cd, dvd, game or book for a month. Funny.

'...I said we...we are heaven bound...'

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: January 25, 2012 13:51

Munichhilton
Britney
This is not about justice. It's about plain greed & money. Again...

Let's all stop buying legit releases for a while to show our appreciation.

Count me in.

Remember in the 70's
"home taping is killing the music industry"

Never happened

The 'music industry' (shareholders, overpaid company executives) has been complaining about losses of profit ever since. With current means of distribution I'm ok with 'killing' most of that part of the industry.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: January 25, 2012 17:29

Britney - just been listening to some of your songs from your tribute band - excellent. You sound more like the Stones than they do!

Date: January 25, 2012 22:53

strettonbull
Britney - just been listening to some of your songs from your tribute band - excellent. You sound more like the Stones than they do!

It's totally off topic, but thank you very much for that generous compliment Strettonbull. smiling smiley Our aim is to capture the spirit and feel of the music we love as good as we can.

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: January 26, 2012 23:43

Britney
strettonbull

It's totally off topic, but thank you very much for that generous compliment Strettonbull. smiling smiley Our aim is to capture the spirit and feel of the music we love as good as we can.

Yes totally out of topic, but thats really OK whith great stuff like this!
Exellent: yes sounds more like the Stones, great musicians, great guitars, and finally a singer who dos`nt try very hard to sound like Jagger.
You are more than welcome to Scandinavia!

cheers to you
Bo thumbs upthumbs up>grinning smiley<thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-26 23:44 by hedegaard.

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: January 27, 2012 03:31

hedegaard
Britney
strettonbull

Yes totally out of topic, but thats really OK whith great stuff like this!
Exellent: yes sounds more like the Stones, great musicians, great guitars, and finally a singer who dos`nt try very hard to sound like Jagger.
You are more than welcome to Scandinavia!

cheers to you
Bo thumbs upthumbs up>grinning smiley<thumbs up

WOW! I had to go listen and watch too and I agree Britney great band and well done.

Date: January 27, 2012 20:39

Thanks for the compliment Hedegaard & The Don. It's really nice to hear fellow Stonesfanatics appreciate our effort.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: February 1, 2012 12:54

EddieByword
hedegaard
Thanx Deltics. A lot of very good comments ( as the one I wrote on Tell Me, which not all liked!)
Great words!!thumbs up

cheers Bo winking smiley

LOL...if they did that most of the 'top' americans would surely suddenly become very poor............

WE CAN'T INVADE THEM...... ALL OUR MONEY IS IN SWITZERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....for a rainy day

The U.S. has ALREADY "invaded Switzerland". Look at the attack on Swiss sovereignty regarding tax laws and bank accounts. Uncle Sam rolled in there and the Swiss shamefully threw hundreds of years of years of banking secrecy out the window, bent over, and grabbed their ankles...the U.S. is becoming an Orwellian bully and with this latest action takes another step toward Big Brother über-domination over every aspect of our lives...

Date: February 1, 2012 13:18

Megaupload users face data deletion US prosecutors warn
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Legitimate data
Megaupload was shut down on 19 January.

It had about 150 million registered users, making it one of the most popular file-sharing services in the world.

US authorities are seeking to extradite founder Kim Dotcom, also known as Kim Schmitz, and three other defendants from New Zealand to the US.

Prosecutors have accused it of costing copyright holders more than $500m (£320m) in lost revenue.

But a number of users have said that they have been unable to access legitimately uploaded material as a result of the legal action.

After the shutdown one user tweeted, "I'm vehemently against copyright infringement: the files I lost were created & owned by me for my job."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-01 13:20 by Deltics.

Date: February 1, 2012 13:35

Turd On The Run
EddieByword
hedegaard
Great words!!thumbs up

cheers Bo winking smiley

The U.S. has ALREADY "invaded Switzerland". Look at the attack on Swiss sovereignty regarding tax laws and bank accounts. Uncle Sam rolled in there and the Swiss shamefully threw hundreds of years of years of banking secrecy out the window, bent over, and grabbed their ankles...the U.S. is becoming an Orwellian bully and with this latest action takes another step toward Big Brother über-domination over every aspect of our lives...

Yeah, I was a bit behind the times with my joke there......I only found out that a Swiss bank account is no longer what it was about 3 days after posting this, ...Oh well...........cool smiley

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: February 3, 2012 21:17

Fileserve seems to be working again.

Date: February 7, 2012 16:44

Megaupload: I may lose everything I uploaded to website

Millions of people who used the website Megaupload to share photos and videos with friends face having it all deleted.

Prosecutors in America closed the site two weeks ago and say it was helping people illegally download films and TV shows.

Will Shenton from Bedford used Megaupload to store music he made when he used to DJ.

He's told Newsbeat's technology reporter Dan Whitworth that he would be devastated if it was all deleted.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: March 9, 2012 12:22

The Feds are after Hotfile now:
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: March 9, 2012 16:13

Deltics
The Feds are after Hotfile now:
[www.bbc.co.uk]

I received a warning from a friend one or two weeks ago.
I will hold my horses for a while and do no uploading for the time being.
Maybe I start uploading again, but than using a new name.

Posted by: gimmekeef ()
Date: March 9, 2012 16:16

Theres guns killing people in schools and politicians robbing us blind..and the FBI is chasing file sharing?..A boycott will never work as really only a few of us would give a crap or even know it was being invoked. Good luck to all those that share and have helped me build my collections of boots. I hope no one gets screwed over like the poor guy who lost his legal work files....

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home