Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
POST: Keith Richards NYC Rehearsals "Little Red Rooster" with James Cotton and band
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 2, 2012 22:27

as Captain Acid would say, its gently remastered and sounds fantastic!. Kream has posted the live event version on this board too so look for that.

In response to inquiries, I brightened it slightly with a digital EQ, and then added some space and a hint of reverb.

Little Red Rooster Rehearsals:
[www.mediafire.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-05 18:07 by Munichhilton.

Re: POST: Keith Richards NYC Rehearsals "Little Red Rooster" with James Cotton and band
Posted by: fela ()
Date: March 3, 2012 00:54

thank you so much

Re: POST: Keith Richards NYC Rehearsals "Little Red Rooster" with James Cotton and band
Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: March 3, 2012 02:28

Have a look here:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: fela ()
Date: March 3, 2012 10:13

nothing have change ...forget the coconut and arthritis, keith is great

thanks

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: March 3, 2012 14:06

Well, this is just top of the world, the best.
That`s it, If Mick could get his knighthood i think it`s time for Keith to be promoted to a living "saint"smoking smiley. Shall we do some petition for that...>grinning smiley<

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: March 3, 2012 14:26

this is nothing but amazing, incredible keith.
he may not be able to deliver a good "satisfaction" riff anymore,
but as an old blues man he is close to be a saint....
thats how I want the stones in 2012 ! or may a say that I would prefer a keith solo tour like this ? just sitting on a chair, doing his thing ?

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 3, 2012 14:41

Cool I like this better than the actual performance !!..Is this a 10 string guitar ?

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: March 3, 2012 19:57

This 10 strings was used for wild Horses in last tour gigs , tuned on open G such as a double 5 strings !!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 4, 2012 06:30

This is really great! Thanks for the fine upload!
smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-04 06:30 by Quique-stone.

Date: March 4, 2012 13:06

@....I would prefer a keith solo tour like this ? just sitting on a chair, doing his thing ?

Ah yes, that would be too good to hope for it to happen.
And yes this rehearsal performance is even better than on the actual gig.
And his 10 string guitar is fantastic ( like 12 string, but since Keith is using 5 strings for slide, his 12 string is actually 10 string)smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 4, 2012 13:49

thanks a lot
great
you made me a happy man!!
jeroen

Date: March 4, 2012 16:12

I'm so glad we get to enjoy this. It is fine fine blues and really shuts up the naysayers who haven't a clue what soulful guitar playing is. There is NOTHING wrong with Keith's guitar playing....

Date: March 4, 2012 16:14

gregg, there is nothing wrong in this case.
but don't let him play any riffs anymore....

Date: March 4, 2012 16:24

You mean like Brown Sugar?
C'mon let's give him a chance falo this can't be over!!!!

Date: March 4, 2012 20:03

CaptainAcid
Well, this is just top of the world, the best.
That`s it, If Mick could get his knighthood i think it`s time for Keith to be promoted to a living "saint"smoking smiley. Shall we do some petition for that...>grinning smiley<

I would actually be as excited for a Keith tour than with a Stones tour.
Stones is full of production, props, backing musicians and pyrotechnics (distractions).

A Keith tour would be filled with MUSICIANSHIP.

Date: March 4, 2012 21:02

Munichhilton
You mean like Brown Sugar?
C'mon let's give him a chance falo this can't be over!!!!

well he blew his chances often enough in the 2000s.
I´m really surprised about this clip. Always thought its his fingers,
which caused the problem (gouty arthritis). I mean, look at his fingers in the clip. Amazing that he can still play at all....
but maybe all he need is to concentrate on the music (we all get old folks), which he doesn´t on the big show stage.

this clip gives me lots of hope that we still can year some good music from keith.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-04 21:07 by falo01.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 4, 2012 21:45

I like this clip too, real good Keith.
But...it's impossible to think he'd manage to play those riffy RS songs, just because he handle this little Little red Rooster blues - in which there's hardly any playing, muscles or tempo at all

Date: March 4, 2012 21:54

@.....this clip gives me lots of hope that we still can year some good music from keith.

I have never had any doubt about it, for a second. Keith is for me, the most talented musician (in the popular music) that have ever lived.
He is always perfect for me, but always. Maybe in a different ways but always inspiring. Even when he is making mistakes, even when he fell asleep on stage in Fool To Cry........It is always his amazing personality that shines through. And it is always absolutely authentic, never ever fake! smoking smiley

Date: March 4, 2012 22:19

Erik_Snow
But...it's impossible to think he'd manage to play those riffy RS songs, just because he handle this little Little red Rooster blues - in which there's hardly any playing, muscles or tempo at all

yes thats true. but as gile says, never fake.
I don´t want to see keith playing some kind of playback
while blondie play his part backstage.
and I don´t want to hear him play an out of tune satisfaction
where you can hear that he just cant deliver any more.

as you know I just worked on checkerboard lounge 81.
and its so wonderful to see this bunch of british school boys playing
with one of the(ir) gods on stage and muddys stage presence is so amazing.

and today we look at keith and we see the same thing.
he took over the torch from muddy in a way (if you can describe it like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-04 22:20 by falo01.

Date: March 5, 2012 00:47

falo01
Erik_Snow

yes thats true. but as gile says, never fake.
I don´t want to see keith playing some kind of playback
while blondie play his part backstage.
and I don´t want to hear him play an out of tune satisfaction
where you can hear that he just cant deliver any more.

as you know I just worked on checkerboard lounge 81.
and its so wonderful to see this bunch of british school boys playing
with one of the(ir) gods on stage and muddys stage presence is so amazing.

and today we look at keith and we see the same thing.
he took over the torch from muddy in a way (if you can describe it like that.

That's a coincidence, Falo - I just watched your terrific MfG Checkerboard Lounge this evening. There's quite a lot of magic in the air there in Checkerboard Lounge.....because one can feel that Jagger, Keith and Ron are as excited there - as "we" are when being in front row at RS concerts....!

I don't want to see an overdubbed or unable-to-deliver-Keith in 2012 either. If they did slower blues songs - like LRR here; they could still create some great times, though.

Very sad to see for instance the Under My THumb footage from Austin 2006; where the "Keith guitar" isn't Keith at all - but an overdub by a guitar technician from start to end. But maybe the "real guitar" would be even worse....otherwise they wouldn't have done such an overdub.
Overdubs at "live albums" (or even live-DVDs) isn't a crime; but when the guitaroverdub is overdubbed by somebody else than the guitar-in-action.....then it's a different thing. And it makes one wonder why these guys are on stage at all.

The first of the future 2012 concerts will be nerve-breakening for us...at least for me. Fingers crossed that they still can carry themselves through - and especially Keith. Maybe changing the concept into something acoustic and bluesy could ease the problems for them

Date: March 5, 2012 01:04

Erik_Snow
it's a different thing. And it makes one wonder why these guys are on stage at all.

money of course, but we know this.

Erik_Snow

The first of the future 2012 concerts will be nerve-breakening for us...at least for me. Fingers crossed that they still can carry themselves through - and especially Keith. Maybe changing the concept into something acoustic and bluesy could ease the problems for them

this concept would be some kind of test of their character.
are they able to do this ? is jagger able to do this ?
and also: is the majority of stones fans able to handle this ?
maybe we have to wait for the next winos tour....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-05 01:05 by falo01.

Date: March 5, 2012 10:52

@....Very sad to see for instance the Under My THumb footage from Austin 2006; where the "Keith guitar" isn't Keith at all - but an overdub by a guitar technician from start to end.

Hey Erik, this can`t be the truth. I don`t wanna believe they are doing this. This is something "U2" is doing,not Keith. Do you really think Keith, with his pirate character would ever let anybody play instead of him ( while he is on stage). There is just no way. Or that he will mime to a playback on concert.
Yes, Blondie is sometimes playing third guitar parts, maybe that is the explanation. You know that i have played with my band before the Stones and i was on and inside that stage. I did not notice nothing inside that would indicate involvement by some hidden musicians, in the backstage.
And guys don`t worry rock`n`roll is not that hard to play. Just few chords. Keith can handle it i am absolutely sure. I am guitar player, too.

@.... it's a different thing. And it makes one wonder why these guys are on stage at all.

money of course, but we know this.

And, no. Money is not the sole reason. It is of course a big part. But more for Ronnie and Charlie. Mick and Keith are authors, they are good for life. Getting on stage and performing in front of people is the ultimate high and greatest addiction and every musician just wants more and more of it. Just to get on that bloody stage, once again. It is just like good sex, you never get tired of it!>grinning smiley<

Date: March 5, 2012 11:31

falo01
Erik_Snow

this concept would be some kind of test of their character.
are they able to do this ? is jagger able to do this ?
and also: is the majority of stones fans able to handle this ?
maybe we have to wait for the next winos tour....

I actually don't think so. Or at least; I think Jagger don't think they (the audience) will handle this.

Date: March 5, 2012 11:37

CaptainAcid
@....Very sad to see for instance the Under My THumb footage from Austin 2006; where the "Keith guitar" isn't Keith at all - but an overdub by a guitar technician from start to end.

Hey Erik, this can`t be the truth. I don`t wanna believe they are doing this. This is something "U2" is doing,not Keith. Do you really think Keith, with his pirate character would ever let anybody play instead of him ( while he is on stage). There is just no way. Or that he will mime to a playback on concert.

Oh, but sadly; it IS the truth, Gile
Just *listen* (one actually doesn't need the video to hear this).....this is NOT Keith playing. It's not the sound of a Stratocaster either. AND have a look at for example 1:25-1:35 and 1:50-2:00.....Keith isn't even close the guitar of his.
I'm not sure if Ronnie is "fake" here too; but I do think he is overdubbed, allthough not for sure.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-05 12:16 by Erik_Snow.

Date: March 5, 2012 13:43

Erik_Snow
CaptainAcid

Just *listen* (one actually doesn't need the video to hear this).....this is NOT Keith playing. It's not the sound of a Stratocaster either. AND have a look at for example 1:25-1:35 and 1:50-2:00.....Keith isn't even close the guitar of his.
I'm not sure if Ronnie is "fake" here too; but I do think he is overdubbed, allthough not for sure.

Hey Erik, you are absolutely right, something strange is going on in this video. And the track Keith is playing is not in sink. It almost looks as they have overdubbed the guitars, or that Keith`s guitar part was imported from another performance. Sometimes Charlie is not completely in sink, Mick too.
Someone was editing this video, for sure.Or the whole audio track could be from another gig, i am just guessing?
I don`t know the answer but it is Keith that is playing that guitar part, but it is not from the same evening as the actual gig.I mean you were in a band and you know that what Keith is playing here is really simple.He would not need another guitar player hidden in the back stage to play instead of him. Neither would Keith would ever, ever allow it for anybody to "airbrush" him live. Maybe without his knowledge someone could have tried that, but if Keith would found out that someone think he is better "Keith" than the real one. Oh i just can`t imagine his reaction, or i actually can.

Date: March 5, 2012 15:12

CaptainAcid
Erik_Snow
CaptainAcid

Hey Erik, you are absolutely right, something strange is going on in this video. And the track Keith is playing is not in sink. It almost looks as they have overdubbed the guitars, or that Keith`s guitar part was imported from another performance. Sometimes Charlie is not completely in sink, Mick too.
Someone was editing this video, for sure.Or the whole audio track could be from another gig, i am just guessing?
I don`t know the answer but it is Keith that is playing that guitar part, but it is not from the same evening as the actual gig.I mean you were in a band and you know that what Keith is playing here is really simple.He would not need another guitar player hidden in the back stage to play instead of him. Neither would Keith would ever, ever allow it for anybody to "airbrush" him live. Maybe without his knowledge someone could have tried that, but if Keith would found out that someone think he is better "Keith" than the real one. Oh i just can`t imagine his reaction, or i actually can.

If the "Keith guitar" came from a different concert; I'd have no problem with it. THe trouble here is that it is NOT Keith playing; it just doesn't SOUND like him at all. Even the booklet of the ABB box "additional overdubs by Pierre and....what's that other guy's name
The overdubs on the box are usually "better" than on Under My Thumb, meaning that the sound of the guitar ALMOST matches the video. But since "Under My Thumb" is so obvious "not matching Keith's guitar"; I wonder if the guitar we are hearing at the footage is the SAME as the audience heared in Austin 2006 (as Pierre couldn't see Keith's moves while Pierre was playing "behind the amps"

And when it comes to "Keith giving permission for the overdubs".....remember Rolling Stones have contracts; in this case: to release a ABB box shortly after the tour. They tape the shows; then Jagger have a look at it; sees that it's NOT *releaseable*; passes it on to the "guitar techinicians", tells to do "what is necessary", and release it. I doubt Keith cares at all

In fact I doubt Rolling Stones even listen to their released products, the last 15-20 years. Just think about the horrible edit in "Rocks Off" on the Live Licks album. No way would they approve of that if they had listened to (or even cared) about their outputs. It's just business, money and contracts.

Date: March 5, 2012 17:08

Don't forget guys....I was at Austin.
There was lots of funny business going on. Lots.

Hope that helps

Date: March 5, 2012 17:36

Munichhilton

Hope that helps

Ah really Gregg ? Then please tell us more. I am curious. Something funny is happening on that video, definitely.
By the way,is there a DVD of the whole gig?
Can i download it somewhere?
Yeah, it could be that someone was overdubbing guitars afterwards. I do not know much about this gig. Was the whole gig professionally shot and aired somewhere?

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 5, 2012 17:44

Austin DVD is full of overdubs,from start to end.Its only entertaining,as watching a star wars sagasmiling smiley

Date: March 5, 2012 18:39

CaptainAcid
Munichhilton

Hope that helps

Ah really Gregg ? Then please tell us more. I am curious. Something funny is happening on that video, definitely.
By the way,is there a DVD of the whole gig?
Can i download it somewhere?
Yeah, it could be that someone was overdubbing guitars afterwards. I do not know much about this gig. Was the whole gig professionally shot and aired somewhere?

As far as I know, the Biggest Bang Box is the only place to get it. Its only missing 2 songs if I remember correctly. Bitch was played and another one.
The overdubs are as much a part of the Stones history as booze and pills and powders....its not shocking they did it, but it is shocking that they are so sloppy and possibly by 'non-stones'.

Check out Swat when you get a chance. They really screwed that one up. I'm surprised it made the movie at all. Charlie is playing the bridge while Keith is holding down the verse and Ron is soloing. I think at that point only Mick and Chuck new where everyone should have been, but it didn't matter....that train was gonna wreck and it did.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1221
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home