Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question About Goats Head Soup CD
Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: May 3, 2011 02:15

I don't have the Goats Head Soup CD and i heard from many that the 2009 UME release has the song Star Star edited.

So if i can't find the original cd from 1994 i was wondering if anyone can tell me if all the countries released the 2009 UME cd with a edited version of Star Star.

I heard some saying that the edited version was only on the US release so can anyone confirm to me that it is a fact and that if i buy the Canadian or European 2009 UME i won't get the edited version of Star Star song.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Question About Goats Head Soup CD
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 3, 2011 02:42

I bought GHS in England and it was edited and an awful mess it was too. Just dreadful. I did hear about 3 months ago that there had been a lot of complaints about it and that an unedited version of the remaster was to be released. I think I read that on here (IORR)....I haven't heard anything since but have to say I haven't enquired with Amazon or anyone to find out if there's been any re re-release so haven't any more info than that............

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: May 3, 2011 02:48

Most of the German releases were edited, but I cannot be sure if they ALL were

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: May 3, 2011 03:07

I know that originally the song was edited & overdubbed on the US album. I remember hearing the unedited on the german release of the greatest hits compilation "Time Waits For No One" Also the original CD Remasters by Virgin have the unedited version

Soulsurvivor

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: May 3, 2011 05:03

Interesting UMG censored the GHS version, but did nothing to the live version on Love You Live.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 3, 2011 21:41

My version bought in France had the edited version too.

Does anyone know if it's the same edit on the original US LP and on the UMG 2009 remastered CD ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home