Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Just Picked Up First Rolling Stones Album off ebay UK, not in too good a shape
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 13, 2009 15:46

just got this:

THIS IS THE VERY FIRST ALBUM RELEASED BY THE ROLLING STONES. IT WAS RELEASED IN 1964 ON DECCA RECORDS MONO LK 4605.

THE MATRIX NUMBERS ARE XARL 6271 2A AND XARL 6271 3A.

THE LAMINATED COVER IS IN QUITE GOOD CONDITION WITH SOME MINOR WRINKLES AND THE BACK HAS THE USUAL AGEING BUT NO MARKS.

THE VINYL IS IN GOOD CONDITION WITH A FEW MINOR SCUFFS BUT THESE DO NOT AFFECT PLAYBACK.

what are matrix numbers?

pad a lit over 30 USD but have seen many going for like 100-300 and I just wanted an early pressing Decca red mono. Not in good shape but i have seen worse.

So did I get screwed?

fotos:

Re: Just Picked Up First Rolling Stones Album off ebay UK, not in too good a shape
Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: March 13, 2009 16:00

Well its great to have a piece of history,You can always frame the brilliant cover

Re: Just Picked Up First Rolling Stones Album off ebay UK, not in too good a shape
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: March 13, 2009 17:15

I remember when this came out, I'm dating myself here..

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: March 13, 2009 19:32

Matrix numbers are the numbers on the run out grooves that determine the pressing number of the record.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: March 13, 2009 19:39

You got lucky. It´over 40 years old. I´ve seen much worse.

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: March 13, 2009 21:54

I remember the day I bought this and the second album, which is better. They are both played to death. This remains, for me, the Stones golden era . The Mick Taylor years also produced some great songs and shows. The Stones haven't issued a 'great' song since Ronnie joined the band - anyone care to debate this?

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: March 14, 2009 02:27

Elmo
I remember the day I bought this and the second album, which is better. They are both played to death. This remains, for me, the Stones golden era . The Mick Taylor years also produced some great songs and shows. The Stones haven't issued a 'great' song since Ronnie joined the band - anyone care to debate this?
no,because that is a completely ridiculous statement.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: March 14, 2009 02:50

lunar!!!
Elmo
no,because that is a completely ridiculous statement.

Must agree with lunar....ridiculous statement!

Have you ever heard of the "Some Girls" album?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-14 02:59 by No Expectations.

Date: March 14, 2009 06:41

Elmo

yes, but no, Ive been debating to death lately. That said, if u wanna fight, I will fight u

p

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: March 15, 2009 23:03

Ridiculous statement, eh? Is that all you have to say, is that the extent of your ability to debate? If it's ridiculous, explain why, in your opinion, which after all is worth no more or less than mine. A fight?...what can I say?!

Date: March 17, 2009 06:53

that was the extent of what i chose to say at the time and if it irritated u, then GOOD!!

OK, two words in reply (of course there could be many more words and many more titles):

Slipping Away

p

Posted by: GNAT ()
Date: March 17, 2009 07:40

Elmo

Song ten from Some Girls.

Posted by: GNAT ()
Date: March 17, 2009 07:41

timbernardis

So did I get screwed?

Bend over and spell run.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 17, 2009 17:29

I seem to recall the original issue had a small poster included as well. I saw one at a swap for $100.00 a few years back.

Date: March 18, 2009 08:16

meaning the UK edition, Chris? And was the poster the same as the album cover?

p

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 18, 2009 18:47

I don't recall. A question for someone more knowledgeable than I...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home