Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
OT: Rod Stewart and Faces with Ronnie Wood
Posted by: stonesmusicfan ()
Date: November 12, 2008 18:20

Well, I guess that settles what Woody is doing on his time off the Stones !

Courtesy of musicradar.com...

Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart to reform The Faces
Rehearsal booked for Monday!

Chris Vinnicombe, Wed 12 Nov, 3:33 pm UTC

From one dirty rock 'n' roll band to another...

View in gallery
Rod Stewart has confirmed that The Faces are set to reunite for rehearsals, with a full reformation likely.

Speaking to Raysgigs.com, Stewart said that all of the surviving members were due to assemble for a rehearsal on 17 November.

Stewart's touring bassist is expected to fill in for original bassist Ronnie Lane, who passed away in 1997.

Ronnie Wood is on board, which casts further doubt on his future in The Rolling Stones, following speculation that recent tabloid attention regarding his personal life has caused disquiet in the Stones camp.

The Faces split in December 1975 following Wood's increasing involvement with The Rolling Stones. Wood went on to officially become a Rolling Stone in February 1976.

[www.musicradar.com]

Here is the Raysgigs link...

11 Nov 2008.9pm to 12.30am.Claridges Bar 10th Anniversary Party,Claridges Hotel,London W1.This invite only event was just superb.Plenty of freebie cocktails,champers and canopes flowing in the main bar of this famous 5 star hotel always used by A listers.Lots of faces here include Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster and Rod's daughter Kimberley.I had a lovely chat with Rod Stewart.I asked him whats the latest news about a Faces reunion??.The answer is a total exclusive to this website.This Monday Rod is meeting up with Ronnie Wood and the others in the studio for their first rehearsal. Just to check if they can remember the songs. They will use Rod's current tour bass player as Ronnie Lane has sadly passed away.Great news.

[www.raysgigs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-25 20:54 by bv.

Re: RONNIE WOOD AND ROD STEWART REFORM THE FACES
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 12, 2008 18:22

Excellent news

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 12, 2008 18:26

Believe it when I see it.

Why does this make Ronnie's stance in the Stones suspect? They aren't DOING anything. For quite a while. Probably not 2 more years. Whatever. Even if they do start doing something next fall. It's not like if the Stones do a new LP that Ronnie is going to even be on it. So he might as well do something that means something. Because The Faces getting back together is historical. The Stones doing another album is not.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 12, 2008 18:28

excellent news. i wonder who they will tap to play the ronnie wood guitar parts?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 12, 2008 18:29

ablett
Excellent news

...but is it ?

why am i underwhelmed by this news?

a band that's 30-35 past it's peak
and the irreplaceable Ronnie Laine,
is no longer amongst us, doesn't excite me, if i'm honest.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 12, 2008 18:30

stonesmusicfan
They will use Rod's current tour bass player as Ronnie Lane has sadly passed away.Great news.

I think they could have ended this article in a better way - it almost reads as though it's great news that Ronnie Lane is dead.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: November 12, 2008 18:33

Wood is not going anywhere regarding his membership in the Stones...

This rehearsal will be nothing more then 4 guys reminising and tossing a few back...

Any promoter with any sort of sense would not put money down on this tour...and if this is true...Wood would need a second guitar player...because he would be too busy mugging it up...perhaps Jeff Beck would be the man?

PECMAN

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 12, 2008 18:37

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-12 19:19 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 12, 2008 18:41

T&A
excellent news. i wonder who they will tap to play the ronnie wood guitar parts?

That wasn't funny the first time you posted it.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 12, 2008 18:43

Ron is in better spirits than for ages... I trust the man, and this will only have a great impact on the Stones also (my egoist fan reasons...)!

Thanks Eketarina (or what's her name?)! And thanks Ronnie for your braveness to follow your heart and muse!

- Doxa

Date: November 12, 2008 18:49

As per the SAMWELL-SMITH book, page 116

"I set them (Jeff Beck's reformed Yardbirds) on a tour with the Small Faces and at the first gig they walked out onstage as if they never played together. In the MELODY MAKER, Chris Welch said,'they were obviously unrehearsed. They played badly and made a very poor impression.'

That was putting it mildly. They were utterly shambolic. Rod Stewart walked out on stage with his flies undone, the power failed after one number, and the curtain came down, and knocked Ronnie Wood on the head, knocking him off balance."

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 12, 2008 18:54

I thought Ian Mac had his own tour lined up in the next few months??

Date: November 12, 2008 18:58

"...but is it ?

why am i underwhelmed by this news?"

Rejuvenate Rod Stewarts passion maybe?
See Ronnie take lead on stage instead of being mixed down?
To see Jones, Stewart, Mclagan, Wood on stage again .
Far more interesting to me at this moment in time than another stones jaunt.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 12, 2008 19:02

ablett
Far more interesting to me at this moment in time than another stones jaunt.

Actually, it is. Even just for few gigs. And I'm positive Ronnie can handle the gig - no need for other guitarists; he is always great with Stewart, as far as I remember. Keith's strong personality and musical charisma (and ego) makes it difficult for a fan like Ronnie to 'shine'.

- Doxa

Date: November 12, 2008 19:11

Exactly Doxa. Listen to SAL. Ronnies plays nearly everything correctly but all you can hear is Keith. It must be terribly frustrating (yeah I know he's on good money). I think he could really do with a jaunt like this and god knows Rod Stewart needs to find his Muse.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 12, 2008 19:11

.......pending mega million dollar divorce cases sure make people more agreeable to doing gigs and playing "nice" in general......

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: November 12, 2008 19:14

Doxa
Ron is in better spirits than for ages...
- Doxa

nicely said "good spirits". hahaha

Date: November 12, 2008 19:15

sweetcharmedlife
T&A

perhaps the third time will be the charm:

who will they tap to play the ronnie wood guitar parts? my money's on scrappy from mac's band. if ronnie ever wanted to relearn how to play guitar like he used to, he should take lessons from jud.

Date: November 12, 2008 19:17

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 12, 2008 19:29

great news i am there when they hit the road. and ronnie is still a stone no matter what .watch and see .take it to the bank from me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: November 12, 2008 19:39

are they going to do any new Faces songs? from a new Faces album they might record? or just play the old familiar love songs?

Date: November 12, 2008 19:40

"old familiar love songs?"

Eh? Stay with me???

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: November 12, 2008 20:06

T&A
sweetcharmedlife
T&A

who will they tap to play the ronnie wood guitar parts? my money's on scrappy from mac's band. if ronnie ever wanted to relearn how to play guitar like he used to, he should take lessons from jud.

How about Blondie Chaplin?

Date: November 12, 2008 20:09

Date: November 12, 2008 20:11

Another story...

Courtesy of hotpress.com...

With The Rolling Stones taking 2009 off, sometime Kildare resident Ronnie Wood has said “yes” to Rod Stewart’s idea of reforming legendary ‘70s rockers The Faces.

Stewart made the official announcement last night whilst attending the Claridge’s Bar 10th Anniversary Party, a suitably glittering affair also attended by the likes of Jade Jagger, Ronnie’s daughter Leah and, er, Cilla Black.

The original line-up – minus bassist Ronnie Lane who died in 1997 – start rehearsals on Monday, November 17.

If the old magic’s still there, they’ll be touring in 2009 with a major Irish stop-off on the cards.

[www.hotpress.com]

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 12, 2008 20:14

This is great news if its true. And I agree with those who said that a Faces reunion excites me more at this point than yet another Stones greatest hits tour.

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: November 12, 2008 20:22

No news on BBC yet - it was BBC that previously mentioned the reunion, so the news????

Date: November 12, 2008 20:26

Barn Owl
T&A
sweetcharmedlife
T&A

How about Blondie Chaplin?

if you absolutely insist on blondie, i will go along with that. it seems unfair, though, that after years of covering for keith, he'd now be forced to cover for ronnie, too. poor guy.

Date: November 12, 2008 20:42

i think this is great! i love faces and i love their songs.... if they come to the US i am there.

Posted by: JK ()
Date: November 12, 2008 21:05

Tetsu?

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1629
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home