Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 36
Re: Photo thread - TOTA '75 Only!
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: September 12, 2008 19:07

and a weird philly image

[farm1.static.flickr.com]

Date: September 12, 2008 19:15

this video

is interesting--actual "film" (vs. video) of the 75 tour--i thought it was NYC--except Ronnie is wearing red--in the NYC images on this thread, when jagger has the black arabian thing on, wood is in white. so i'm guessing it's LA given the hydraulic lotus

--also, nice to see stu at the piano next to preston--he's absent in most of the 75 shots onstage, no?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-12 19:17 by hbwriter.

Posted by: danicarton ()
Date: September 12, 2008 19:49

Hello everybody! I've got this paint that my father bought in some art exhibition in the 70's, I'm trying to find the original photo from it was copy.Thanks!

Date: September 12, 2008 20:16

isn't this the night jagger had to wear jeans because the costumes didn't show up?

Posted by: batonrouge75 ()
Date: September 12, 2008 20:40

Alexander
hbwriter
--anything specific you want to know?

Yes, please --

Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of the complete Baton Rouge early and late show from 1975.

Which bootleg titles contain HEARTBREAKER as performed in Baton Rouge 1975 -- which was discussed in this thread????

All the copies I've collected/downloaded of BR 75 don't have HEARTBREAKER nor the stage talk between Mick and Keith, not like what was mentioned in this thread.

Who's got the full shows?

Can any expert out there help answer these questions, please?

My brother recorded the entire 1st show on a cassette recorder from the first row. He had to put it in his sock to sneak it in. He was out of tapes and did not bring the recorder to the 2nd show.

It's been 10 years since I've heard his 4 sixty minutes tapes, but they do include Jagger asking Richards what the next songs would be.

After performing Street Fighting Man at the end of the 1st show, we thought it was the final song, but the Stones stayed on stage...Jagger went over and spoke to Richards and Keith looked at a sheet a paper on his amp. Richards changed his guitar to a Les Paul Junior and ripped into Midnight Rambler.

Looking back on that day 33 years later it appears they "forgot" to play Midnight Rambler earlier in the show during what was nothing more than a reheasrsal performance that afternoon in Baton Rouge.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-12 20:51 by batonrouge75.

Date: September 12, 2008 20:43

BR75--wonderful anecdote!

Posted by: robbert ()
Date: September 12, 2008 20:46

I am still collecting and sorting out in the way of the howard colson site (the stones USA 1972 tour). So in my opion the you tube video by hbwriter is not LA but Chicago or my photo's are being wrong as they are said to be Chicago. Ofcourse there are lots of shows like Baton Rouge, Kansas City,Fort Collins that are easy also june 22nd and june 27th New York but the other New York shows not. La 9th, 11th and 13th but not the 10th and 12th. Still wonder which date for the fantastic LA backstage group shots by Annie Leibovitz. Lots of Questions left.

Date: September 12, 2008 20:47

But did Chicago get the moving stage as shown in this video? I thought just NY/LA got it?

Date: September 12, 2008 20:49

hbwriter
But did Chicago get the moving stage as shown in this video? I thought just NY/LA got it?

Baton Rouge did NOT get the moving stage.

Date: September 12, 2008 20:50

Right--I always thought it was just NY/LA

Date: September 12, 2008 21:02

batonrouge75
Alexander
hbwriter
--anything specific you want to know?

Yes, please --

Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of the complete Baton Rouge early and late show from 1975.

Which bootleg titles contain HEARTBREAKER as performed in Baton Rouge 1975 -- which was discussed in this thread????

All the copies I've collected/downloaded of BR 75 don't have HEARTBREAKER nor the stage talk between Mick and Keith, not like what was mentioned in this thread.

Who's got the full shows?

Can any expert out there help answer these questions, please?

My brother recorded the entire 1st show on a cassette recorder from the first row. He had to put it in his sock to sneak it in. He was out of tapes and did not bring the recorder to the 2nd show.

It's been 10 years since I've heard his 4 sixty minutes tapes, but they do include Jagger asking Richards what the next songs would be.

After performing Street Fighting Man at the end of the 1st show, we thought it was the final song, but the Stones stayed on stage...Jagger went over and spoke to Richards and Keith looked at a sheet a paper on his amp. Richards changed his guitar to a Les Paul Junior and ripped into Midnight Rambler.

Looking back on that day 33 years later it appears they "forgot" to play Midnight Rambler earlier in the show during what was nothing more than a reheasrsal performance that afternoon in Baton Rouge.

An LSU classmate of mine was a photographer for the LSU yearbook. His photos were featured in the 1976 LSU (Gumbo) yearbook.

He got inside the LSU - PMAC on June 30th while the Stones were rehearsing for the June 1st show.

Mark told me that they sounded like a high school garage band trying to learn "Louie Louie".

Date: September 12, 2008 21:04

Great! Do you have the yearbook?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 12, 2008 21:05

Batonrouge75, thanks for the stories. Would love to hear your brother's recording. Could it be torrented for us all to hear....?
And yes - the circulating Baton Rouge bootlegs/recordings are all incomplete - missing plenty of dialogue and stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-12 21:17 by Erik_Snow.

Date: September 12, 2008 21:08

hbwriter
Great! Do you have the yearbook?

Yes, I have the year book.

Awesome photo of Jagger during Honky Tonk Women.

Once I get my scanner to work I'll post them.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: September 12, 2008 21:17

hbwriter

Chicago got it as well. We´ve discussed this footage before and it´s definitely from Chicago Stadium, most likely 07/24.

Date: September 12, 2008 21:35

Tornandfrayed
hbwriter

Chicago got it as well. We´ve discussed this footage before and it´s definitely from Chicago Stadium, most likely 07/24.

Yes, I think it's the last Chicago show as well

These pictures are very interesting, as both Ian Stewart, Mick Jagger and Preston can be seen playing the piano. It sure comes from the same concert as the super8 footage.

Chicago 07/24/75

taken by more19562003
from [www.flickr.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-12 21:46 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: September 12, 2008 21:39

hbwriter
this video

is interesting--actual "film" (vs. video) of the 75 tour--i thought it was NYC--except Ronnie is wearing red--in the NYC images on this thread, when jagger has the black arabian thing on, wood is in white. so i'm guessing it's LA given the hydraulic lotus

--also, nice to see stu at the piano next to preston--he's absent in most of the 75 shots onstage, no?

That's NY, not LA.
At LA, there were these Chinese-type designs hanging from the rafters
which aren't seen here. Also, the LA Forum doesn't have
that white hockey wall (boards) that separate the floor seating
from the regular seating.

Date: September 12, 2008 21:47

TomK--i thought it was ny too--but in ny, when that jagger wore that outfit (which he wore just once) ronnie has white on. Erik is right--they match Chicago perfectly--but did Chicago get that stage?

Erik--absolutely amazing photos--did you take those?

AND WHEN DID MICK PLAY PIANO??????????????????

Date: September 12, 2008 21:47

Erik--missed that fact on the Chicago stage--so, did just three cities get it?

Date: September 12, 2008 21:52

hbwriter

No, I wasn't born then..! Link can be found at the bottom of that post....don't know the photographers name. There's 2-3 more shots from that concert, taken by the same guy....just follow the link
The footage definately comes from Chicago allright, and not NY as Tomk says.

I'm guessing that Jagger was playing the piano during YCAGWYW - because you can see Ronnie soloing there; with a capo - and Preston doesn't appear to be singing his 2 songs....he's resting comfortably while playing piano.

That last Chicago show is one of the very very best performances of the tour, btw.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-12 21:53 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 12, 2008 21:53

>> and when did Mick play piano? <<

in the LA 75 footage he plays a bit on YCAGWYW, doesn't he?

edit: i wasn't ignoring you, Erik_Snow honey, or copying you - just typing too slow as usual :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-12 21:54 by with sssoul.

Date: September 12, 2008 21:54

HAve not heard chicago yet--now i must find it

great analysis on jagger at the piano

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: September 12, 2008 21:56

hbwriter
TomK--i thought it was ny too--but in ny, when that jagger wore that outfit (which he wore just once) ronnie has white on. Erik is right--they match Chicago perfectly--but did Chicago get that stage?

Oh, it could be Chicago.
It's not LA, that's for sure.

Date: September 12, 2008 21:59

who is the guy between ronnie and preston in that last image?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 12, 2008 22:02

hbwriter
who is the guy between ronnie and preston in that last image?

Looks like (L-R) Preston, Bill, Mick, Keith, Ronnie

Date: September 12, 2008 22:03

Sorry--the photo above that one

Date: September 12, 2008 22:04

ahem - i believe hbwriter meant the second-to-last image

Date: September 12, 2008 22:04

with sssoul
>> and when did Mick play piano? <<

in the LA 75 footage he plays a bit on YCAGWYW, doesn't he?

edit: i wasn't ignoring you, Erik_Snow honey, or copying you - just typing too slow as usual :E

Ah but your answer was better than mine, with Sssoul. I was thinking logical instead of videogical - forgot about the LA video in other words

Date: September 12, 2008 22:05

that's right--he does sit for a few moments during the break--don't think i've seen a still of it though

Date: September 12, 2008 22:06

>> I was thinking logical instead of videogical <<

no no, YOUR answer is better, for that very reason! or if you insist
we can call the historical approach and the analytical approach equal in just this one instance
[passing the popcorn - it's good tonight innit :E ]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home