Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 36
Re: Photo thread - TOTA '75 Only!
Posted by: batonrouge75 ()
Date: September 10, 2008 21:57

hbwriter
BR 75-- I hear you!smiling smiley

not sure if you saw this video--but the interview at the end is recorded between he two shows--interesting I think that Jagger would sit for a chat during the "cooling off" period after a fist, demanding show

That video was shown on Geraldo's show called "Good Night America" the week following the Baton Rouge shows. They also showed the Stones rehearsing Honky Tonk Women from the night before the June 1st shows.

The Stones rehearsed at the LSU PMAC on June 30th from 10 pm to 5 am.

Geraldo and ABC must still have those videos.

Date: September 10, 2008 21:58

Keith did not seem to change his trousers very often...mos of the time he appears in diferfent gigs with the same pair. If he wanted people to stay away, he surely got it...winking smiley

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: September 10, 2008 22:01

BR 75--good memory--a really ragged HTW if I recall and a bunch more interview footage--anyone have that to post?

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: September 10, 2008 22:06

with sssoul
>> this is most likely Akron <<

okay now that's interesting, in an uneasy-making way: are you sure?
there were two Detroit shows in 72, right? and if memory serves, Harold Colson says
Keith was in the "jockey stripes" on the 13th and in a white shirt on the 14th.
so are you sure that's not the july 14th show??

the reason it's uneasy-making is that this backstagegallery site has that same photographer listed
for Detroit shots in various years all down the line, so it seemed like he's a local photographer.
local photographers can be so wonderfully helpful when it comes to identifying shots -
if they're credited properly, that is. but if that shot's for sure not Detroit, one has to wonder how many of the other photos with that cat's name on them are mislabelled/miscredited.

i want it to be Detroit, dammit! :E

Here is why I´m pretty sure it´s Akron:

stage outfits: Mick is wearing the purple jumpsuit and Keith is wearing his white shirt. At the July 14 show, Mick was wearing his WHITE jumpsuit, so this pic can´t be from that show. On July 13th, Mick was wearing the purple jumpsuit (as seen here) but Keith was wearing the striped shirt which doesn´t match with this pic as well. Bottom line: Mick and Keith never wore this combination (purple jumpsuit & white shirt) in Detroit.

Lighting looks like an outdoor show.

Stage clothing matches the info from the Carlson site.

There are a few other pics from Akron in this gallery which were taken from the exact same spot and look quite the same.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 10, 2008 22:16

thanks TornandFrayed - i'm not much of a Mick-spotter, so i conveniently overlooked the colour of his outfit.
i did notice some mistakes with the dates on that site, but i was really hoping that particular photographer
was a Detroit local and that at least that much was correct, if you see what i mean.
oh well, we can still hope most of the credits are right ... we just have to sort out which! :E

ps: if that's definitely Akron, you should point the shot out to Harold Colson -
i see he hasn't got anything listed for Mick's Sash in Akron, so this photo is a Missing Link. :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-10 22:19 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 10, 2008 22:41

Tornandfrayed
Sorry for being anal Erik but this is most likely Akron. Look at Keith´s shirt...

Hey, good catch, Tornandfrayed! Didn't even think about doublechecking. Strange that so many photographers can't even remember which city they saw Rolling Stones - even if it's 36 years ago.

Date: September 10, 2008 22:47

always liked this Bob Gruen shot from 6/22/75--I'm interviewing Bob next month--we'll talk Stones for sure

Posted by: Alexander ()
Date: September 10, 2008 23:22

hbwriter
BR 75--good memory--a really ragged HTW if I recall and a bunch more interview footage--anyone have that to post?

BR 75-- I guess most of us have only the incomplete versions that have been in circulation for years.

Does anyone have the Heartbreaker performed at Baton Rouge in '75.

Does anyone have the uncut version of BR 75 with all the tuning and stage announcements and talk between Mick and Keith and Ron?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-10 23:24 by Alexander.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 10, 2008 23:51

Many photos from 75 (and 69, 72, 78, 81, 89, etc) on this site:

[www.backstagegallery.com]

Date: September 11, 2008 00:00

smile: erikjjf honey, i think you missed page 7 of this thread [passing popcorn]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-11 00:00 by with sssoul.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 11, 2008 00:02

Oh, woops

Date: September 11, 2008 00:41

with sssoul
thanks TornandFrayed - i'm not much of a Mick-spotter, so i conveniently overlooked the colour of his outfit.
i did notice some mistakes with the dates on that site, but i was really hoping that particular photographer
was a Detroit local and that at least that much was correct, if you see what i mean.
oh well, we can still hope most of the credits are right ... we just have to sort out which! :E

Most of them seem to be correct. Also, Cobo Arena pics can be recognized pretty easily because of that distinct tile pattern behind the stage as seen here:

Date: September 11, 2008 01:11

the shadows are cool--and the guy below charlie seem to be operating the fan or something smiling smiley

Date: September 11, 2008 01:16

That video was shown on Geraldo's show called "Good Night America" the week following the Baton Rouge shows. They also showed the Stones rehearsing Honky Tonk Women from the night before the June 1st shows.

The Stones rehearsed at the LSU PMAC on June 30th from 10 pm to 5 am.

Geraldo and ABC must still have those videos.
--------

I seem to recall that on the rehearsal footage they showed, before the second solo, Mick turned to say "Ronnie?" to cue him

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 11, 2008 01:17

the shadows are cool

Hey maybe that's where Austen Powers got the idea for the tent scene....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 11, 2008 01:21

hbwriter
the shadows are cool--and the guy below charlie seem to be operating the fan or something smiling smiley

That´s Ted Newman Jones (Keith´s guitar technician).

Date: September 11, 2008 01:27

tornandfrayed--THANKS

Date: September 11, 2008 06:39

to everyone that's contributed to this thread thus far-THANK YOU--more than i could hoped for--keep it coming!

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: September 11, 2008 07:58

hbwriter
to everyone that's contributed to this thread thus far-THANK YOU--more than i could hoped for--keep it coming!

Thanks for starting it in the first place.

Date: September 11, 2008 08:44

Brit--that was the easy part--all of you breathed life into it which I've seen happen so often on this site (and it never ceases to amaze me) I've always been emotionally attached to this tour; feel i came of age as a stones fan during it, and so all of this content has provided some wonderful reminders of why i fell for this group in the first place.

In this book I did last year, the introduction i wrote addressed what it was like that May 1 '75 when the flatbed hit fifth avenue and how for me, that was sort of the beatles-on-ed-sullivan moment--a defining crack of thunder (which took place where i'd walked thousands of times).

I'll post the whole piece here sometime but anyway, this community here is refreshing reminder of what good things happen when kindred spirits hang out together for a time.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: September 11, 2008 08:49

Tornandfrayed
with sssoul
Most of them seem to be correct. Also, Cobo Arena pics can be recognized pretty easily because of that distinct tile pattern behind the stage as seen here:

You know, I've never heard a bad version of Star Star (Starbucker!)
from this tour. There's one version of this song (there are a few different reordings) I have from July 10 (LA Forum) where I think it's the best Keith ever played in his life. It's just Richards/Berry/bend the knees rock and roll.
The version I love is where there's an guy that shouts
"It's only rock and roll, but I like it," before Star Star begins.
An incredible version.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 11, 2008 18:39

hbwriter
always liked this Bob Gruen shot from 6/22/75--I'm interviewing Bob next month--we'll talk Stones for sure

Please ask him about MSG '72!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: September 11, 2008 19:12

Heil--absolutely--he took some amazing shots then--anything specific you want to know?

Posted by: Alexander ()
Date: September 12, 2008 00:21

hbwriter
--anything specific you want to know?

Yes, please --

Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of the complete Baton Rouge early and late show from 1975.

Which bootleg titles contain HEARTBREAKER as performed in Baton Rouge 1975 -- which was discussed in this thread????

All the copies I've collected/downloaded of BR 75 don't have HEARTBREAKER nor the stage talk between Mick and Keith, not like what was mentioned in this thread.

Who's got the full shows?

Can any expert out there help answer these questions, please?

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 12, 2008 00:21

Anybody have pics of Seattle '75?

Date: September 12, 2008 02:47

Alex--not sure

anyone?

Date: September 12, 2008 04:16

on the subject of the 75 tour--wonder if it's real?

[cgi.ebay.com]

Date: September 12, 2008 09:58

>> wonder if it's real? <<

the logo doesn't look right, does it

Date: September 12, 2008 15:28

that's what i thought, too

Date: September 12, 2008 19:05

a few other good '75 images

[www.chief-moons-gallery.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1944
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home