Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 22
Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: July 11, 2008 07:14

[www.thesun.co.uk]

ROLLING STONE RONNIE WOOD was last night living with a Russian bargirl less than a THIRD of his age — who is bragging to pals how he has dumped his wife of 23 years.

Muscovite Ekaterina Ivanova, 18, claims shocked Jo Wood begged her not to steal the 61-year-old after he took her home to meet his missus.

But the cocktail waitress told friends she sneered at the blonde ex-model: “I am not taking him — he is leaving.”

Dad-of-four Ronnie, who met the teenager while out boozing, has now whisked her away to his luxury pad in Ireland.

Yesterday Jo, 53, who believed the pair had gone on a painting holiday together, was horrified to learn of the teenager’s boasts — and insisted the conversation at the couple’s South West London mansion NEVER took place.

Jo declared: “She is mad — she is a terrible alcoholic.

“I know her — she’s been here. She’s a friend and he’s a guy — I’m going to call her now.

“And I’m gonna go and call him now and tell him what she’s said.”

Jo admitted she WAS frantic with worry — but said it was because alcoholic Ronnie was hitting the bottle again.

She revealed at the family home in Kingston upon Thames: “He’s drinking heavily — maybe two bottles of vodka a day.”
Love

Jo said boozy Ekaterina had wormed her way into becoming a drunking buddy of her husband — who has earned respect in the art world with his paintings.

The wife insisted: “I was quite all right that she was hanging around with him.

“They have been staying in Ireland and Ronnie’s art man was with them.

“Ronnie told me she was staying there and I said, ‘OK — get on with it and have a drink, go mad. Drink your guts up’.”

Asked if she thought the pair were having an affair, Jo stressed: “They’re not boyfriend or girlfriend — not in that way.”

Ekaterina has been telling friends a different story.

One said: “She is absolutely besotted with Ronnie.

“Whether or not he knows it, she plans a future with him.

“She has told everyone Ronnie has left his wife for her and they are a full-on item. She said she went to Ronnie’s house in London and has met his wife Jo.

“Ekaterina said Jo had told her she knew what was going on and begged her not to take her husband away.

“She claimed she told Jo, ‘I am not taking him. He is leaving’.

“She and Ronnie have been seeing each other ever since.”

Ekaterina used the social networking website Facebook to tell chums she and the guitarist were having a relationship.

In internet chats with them she said Ronnie was her boyfriend and she was quickly “falling in love”.

While Ekaterina has been staying with Ronnie in County Kildare — where he often goes to paint — the rocker has been using her as a model.

The friend said: “She has told everyone she has been posing for her boyfriend Ronnie, and that she only models for him.

“Everyone’s a bit taken aback by the relationship.

“She’s a teenager. Whether or not they are sleeping together is not the issue. It’s a weird set-up and Ronnie’s wife must be beside herself with worry.”

Ronnie met the Russian in a bar after the April premiere in Leicester Square of the film Shine A Light — MARTIN SCORSESE's documentary about the Stones.

It blends archive material of Ronnie, MICK JAGGER, KEITH RICHARDS and CHARLIE WATTS with footage from a 2006 concert by the band in the US.
Binge

Despite his rock and roll lifestyle, Ronnie has always declared his undying devotion to his marriage — earning respect for his commitment to a traditional family.

He and Jo wed in 1985 after his divorce from model KRISSY FINDLAY.

Jo has become a successful businesswoman, selling organic beauty products.

A source close to the guitarist admitted last night:

Ronnie is not being his normal self at the moment. He is an alcoholic and he’s fallen off the wagon.

He is drinking two bottles of vodka a day and there is no way he would be behaving like this if he was sober.

He went out and found himself a drinking partner — that is what this girl is.

He has been pushing away the people who love him while he does this. It is typical behaviour for an alcoholic.

He knows that his family wouldn’t tolerate him behaving like this so he has run away to go and drink himself crazy. He met this girl when he was on a drinking binge and now they are drinking partners.

His family just want him to stop drinking and come home. The primary problem is his alcoholism. They want him to deal with that first. Close quote

Former hellraiser Ronnie, who co-owns a London art gallery with sons Jamie and Tyrone, last checked himself into rehab before his daughter Leah’s wedding in June.

He hired dwarves to provide entertainment at the nuptials.

His spokesman said at the time: “The fact he checked himself in because it was Leah’s wedding shows, I think, that he is very capable of controlling it.”

WHEN RONNIE WOOD falls off the wagon, it’s time to get a hard-hat on.

He is famous for his boozing and when he hits the bottle, it isn’t in half measures.

The last time Ron was back on his favourite tipple, vodka — and lots of it — he ended up under a table in a posh restaurant biting KATE MOSS' ankles.

Years ago Ron and wife Jo were invited to housesit for a friend who was away on business.

The pal returned to find Ron had emptied his wine cellar — including bottles of plonk worth thousands. It’s sad, though, to see a man who had a happy family risk it all with his desire to go on month-long benders.

I met him earlier this year at the opening of his brother-in-law’s art exhibition and he was warm and funny.

He was the star of the night, lifting the room with his presence and personality.

His behaviour is erratic, granted. He is a different man when he is on the ale.

But his close family think his actions are a strange ritual he goes through — hurting those around him to punish himself for the lapse.

When he finally sobers up, as he has done before, he will realise the blunder he has made by upsetting his stunning, loyal wife Jo.

If he doesn’t, he can forget the planned Faces comeback and winning his family back.

Re: Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie
Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: July 11, 2008 07:27

.... anything new to report? sounds like some have had some alanon slips so to speak..............

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 11, 2008 07:34

I've always felt Ronnie was a bit of a loser--in way over his head with the Stones--always supposedly broke--come on man, grow up already.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: July 11, 2008 07:40

... grow up?? its over,, he got a free ride......

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 11, 2008 09:02

true, he did--

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 11, 2008 10:02

oh Ronnie.....come on matey, put down the bottle, get a grip,
and get back to your loving family.

best wishes to The Wood's, at this trying time.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 11, 2008 10:10

Adrian-L
oh Ronnie.....come on matey, put down the bottle, get a grip,
and get back to your loving family.

best wishes to The Wood's, at this trying time.

He lost that battle a long time ago...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 11, 2008 10:11

Wait till Adi reads this...Come ta think of it where is Adi..?????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: July 11, 2008 10:17

You need to grow up before you can have a mid-life crisis - or do you?

Ah, just saw this was in the Sun... no photo of the pair even in the same room, maybe it's all a figment of someone's imagination... a diversion from the Max Mosley court case perhaps?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-11 10:21 by Stargroves.

Date: July 11, 2008 10:19

would explain why Jesse and Ronnie weren't at the 'Art Wood Celebration' concert , on wednesday night.
(Jesse was scheduled to appear, and didn't... Ronnie sent a bike courier with a signed copy of his autobiography, to raffle for Prostrate cancer charities..Angie Wood , Art's widow, made the draw)

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 11, 2008 10:25

Well, the upside to this downside - if this is true - is that he will be broke in an instant - maybe a fortnight? And Keith will once again udder those hilarious words: We don't need to make any more money. The only reason we tour is because of Ronnie - he needs the money.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: July 11, 2008 10:32

I can really take Ronnie or leave him but I do think he's given 30 odd years of pretty good service.
Point is, a lot of Ronnie's shortcomings & foibles could equally be levelled at Keith. I love Keith but I can recognise the fact that I'm not sure he's ever really grown up either. Then again, maybe that's the magic of The Stones.
Young rockers in mind, old in body.
Let's give the guy a bit of a break and let's not take too high a pompous, moral highground. His problems ain't gonna change the price of petrol for the normal guy in the street...
confused smiley

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 11, 2008 10:39

Well I'm not gonna jump on the Ronnie Sucks wagon. It's just a shame - IF it's true. To find a fantastic woman to be with you when you're in a band and she doesn't leave you for someone more...steady (I have suffered that only nothing like anyone famous - and I still deal with it only with a much more understandable person) and then you are the one to go off....

That's just...there are a bunch of words. Immature seems to fit, with the rest of the quips here. But disrespectful, dishonest and...it's just bad period.

I hope it's not true. And if it is, that Ronnie can get ahold of himself once again...

Damn...SOSDD.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: July 11, 2008 10:41

Now you're just being silly Adrian. We all know that Ronnie couldn't go because of the heavy rain, it would have done terrible damage to his wiggrinning smiley

Adrian-L
would explain why Jesse and Ronnie weren't at the 'Art Wood Celebration' concert , on wednesday night.
(Jesse was scheduled to appear, and didn't... Ronnie sent a bike courier with a signed copy of his autobiography, to raffle for Prostrate cancer charities..Angie Wood , Art's widow, made the draw)

Date: July 11, 2008 10:56

lol- Stargroves,
sounds like he's up to his neck, in nubile teenage gold-diggers.

I'd have thought his barnet, was the last thing on his mind, at the mo.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 11, 2008 11:21

Terrible news. Alcoholism is a dreadful thing so lets give up on the Ronnie bashing eh!

Best of luck Ron.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: July 11, 2008 11:46

Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie. If you're reading this please sort yourself out man and go back to your wife and kids.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 11, 2008 12:11

Jesus, she really looks like a younger version of Jo as well.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 11, 2008 12:17

It's time for Mick and Keith to announce a new tour - or book studio time immediately - and demand he gets his act together.
Russians and vodka - man that's dangerous company! They think it's water.

Posted by: Adi Tyler ()
Date: July 11, 2008 13:15

This is outrageous...!!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 11, 2008 13:31

Adi Tyler
This is outrageous...!!

Ronnie or the story?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 11, 2008 13:32

Another great article from the always reliable SUN smiling smiley Too bad they don't have pictures of Ronnie with that girl.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: July 11, 2008 13:50

Sun and News of the World, great and reliable neswpapers...

Date: July 11, 2008 13:52

There's got to be a grain of truth otherwise it wouldn't be front page news on the countries best selling newspaper (even though its a crock of shit!) Also the quotes from Jo

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 11, 2008 14:21

>> a grain of truth otherwise it wouldn't be front page news <<

... that truly seems like seriously flawed logic.
considering the concoctions the Sun printed about Keith's accident & operation,
the "grain of truth" here might be (for example) that this chick is fantasizing about Ronnie.

all kinds of blessings on Ronnie and his tribe in any case -
what a drag it must be to have papers like the Sun barfing out stories

Date: July 11, 2008 14:23

The Sun over exaggerated Keith condition but the main facts were still true.

The stories everywhere now and not jus the tabloids. If it was false imagine the litigation?

Date: July 11, 2008 14:27

Mick, Keith etc have apparently been on the blower, urging
him to get help:-

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 11, 2008 14:36

Get him on tour ASAP? smiling smiley

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: July 11, 2008 14:38

He doesn´t need a tour, he needs serious treatment.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 11, 2008 14:46

After reading the same story over and over it becomes pathetic,love Ronnie as a musician but he has become once again Keith a total Assho__

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1704
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home