Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Bearded 1979 Mick Jagger
Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: June 20, 2008 22:42

Was it 1979 when Mick grew that full beard?... and how did he manage to keep from having his picture taken so few times...I've only seen a few...anyone got pictures

Re: The Bearded 1979 Mick Jagger
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 20, 2008 23:36

well its not like seeing big foot or loc ness, its just a person with a beard

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 20, 2008 23:37

He's bearded on the cover of Emotional Rescue!

Posted by: cc ()
Date: June 20, 2008 23:45

it was a strange time to go for a beard... very un-New Wave, un-disco, un-preppie. Wasn't Dylan clean shaven at this time, to suit his gospel project? Full rock and roll beards usually take after the Byrds/Band late 60s look, and then there's the Nashville Skyline scraggly look. But mick didn't seem to change his outfits to suit the beard; he still wore au courant 1979 clothes, not denim etc.. Wonder what was going on there.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 21, 2008 00:15

He had a beard in 1969 as well. Or late 68.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: June 21, 2008 00:26

The point is for someone who is usually out and about and in the newspaper gossip pages especially back then and especially after the success of Some Girls, there are very few pictures of Mick with the beard...perhaps he was tucked away in the studio recording Emotional Rescue?

PECAMN

Date: June 21, 2008 00:46

skipstone

yeah, but that was for Ned Kelly. What was this for?

are there really so few pictures of mick with the beard? Maybe just as many were taken, but they're just not selected by the usual sources as "typical" shots, so you don't seem them reproduced too often. As Gazza says, he's got the beard on an album cover... not that I ever noticed it before!

Date: June 21, 2008 01:00

cc
skipstone

yeah, but that was for Ned Kelly. What was this for?

He was bearded before that. Theres a famous picture of him with Brian Jones (at a party I think) and both have beards.

Ned Kelly wasnt filmed until after Brian's death.

Date: June 21, 2008 01:02

Pecman
The point is for someone who is usually out and about and in the newspaper gossip pages especially back then and especially after the success of Some Girls, there are very few pictures of Mick with the beard...perhaps he was tucked away in the studio recording Emotional Rescue?

PECAMN

Yes, I think it was late 1979/early 1980 when he grew the beard. A time when he wasnt keeping a very high public profile by his standards.

Dont know if you've ever seen the "Earl Chins Rockers 80" Jamaican TV interview from December 1979 where he's interviewed alongside Keith - he's bearded in that.

Date: June 21, 2008 01:10

aha... well, it seems like it would have been even more leftfield (for him) in '79.

Posted by: almar ()
Date: June 21, 2008 01:36

Earls Corner

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-21 01:41 by almar.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 21, 2008 01:54

Keith at his best there. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cool look and aittitude. Great mumbling.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 21, 2008 03:03

yeah constantly interupting mick

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 21, 2008 11:15

i don't go for facial hair - even on mick. he'd be quite trendy these days - all the young hipsters have beards and moustaches. of course, keith gave the trend a try last year - thank gawd it didn't last!

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: June 21, 2008 13:50

I can;t believe I am writing about one of the Stone's appearances but I'm really bored.

I read somewhere he grew while he was in Paris so he could avoid the media and lawyers who were trying to serve him papers regarding his divorce from Bianca.

I know that when I am hiding from my exes, I usually change my hair color and get a nose job..........This happens once or twice a year.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 21, 2008 15:58

Pecman
The point is for someone who is usually out and about and in the newspaper gossip pages especially back then and especially after the success of Some Girls, there are very few pictures of Mick with the beard.

Maybe the paparazzi didn't recognize who he was?

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: June 21, 2008 21:22

During that time they recorded a song called "Beard of Burden"

Jesus, I'm getting bored too

Let's watch football

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1357
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home