Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Keith and Louis Vuitton
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 7, 2008 13:53

Please, Ablett, explain to me! The text on the link is in French??

Date: March 7, 2008 13:56

Ok, ok, googled it myself. Oh, this Gore.

Re: More pics of Keith from the Louis Vutton-shoot
Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: March 7, 2008 16:36

Erik_Snow
Roll73
Erik_Snow
I don't mind Keith Richards being in such a commercial....it's cool poster.

Cool poster or not - this is KEITH RICHARDS in a bloody luggage advert. What the *** is he thinking?

As you say - it's just a bloody luggage advert; so what's the big deal? It's not like the Rolling Stones are doing private gigs for bankers - or selling the best seats of the house through expensive VIP-hotel-packages....
it's just a commercial for luggage...not too different from selling Rarities or Forty Licks; apart from money going to charity

That's true - I guess, as a die-hard fan of Keith I feel disappointed that he's decided to do this. Maybe I've built up an image of him as someone with a certain level of integrity which isn't as I high as I'd thought.

Then again I guess it's just an extension of all the sponorships/ endorsements that the Stones have been part of over the years.

At least Neil Young would never do any of this crap.

Posted by: DCChris ()
Date: March 7, 2008 17:03

What Guitar Type it is?
Gibson??
Exactly?
I love this one!
DC

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 7, 2008 17:27

DCChris
What Guitar Type it is?
Gibson??
Exactly?
I love this one!
DC

It's a Gibson ES-355
read more about it here: [www.iorr.org]

Date: March 7, 2008 17:41

Roll73
Erik_Snow
Roll73
Erik_Snow
I don't mind ---.

---?

----

At least Neil Young would never do any of this crap.

Unhappy example. Mr Young wore a goddam t i e on his 1984 tour eye popping smiley
- How rock 'n roll is that? (No, Rockman, please dont post any pic of Elvis from 1956!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out)

Date: March 7, 2008 17:49

Looks like I was wrong,'t was sooner 1983

Posted by: dixiecup ()
Date: March 7, 2008 18:27

cool LV guitar strap Neil! winking smiley

Date: March 7, 2008 18:29

Yeah, that's no lie...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 7, 2008 18:34

Al Gore needs to get his green ass up to New England and help to start shovelling all that 100 plus inches of snow they've gotten up there this season.

His movie, what is it called? A Convenient Bunch Of Bull*shit?

The Rolling Stones - 54 Trucks.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 7, 2008 18:51

"His movie, what is it called? A Convenient Bunch Of Bull*shit?"

or

"His movie, what is it called? A Convenient Way to stay ignorant?"

Global warning does mean were all gonna have to stock up on the suntan lotion.

It means the weather is changing dramatically!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 14, 2008 03:26

Have you heard they're changing the ad copy that goes with the photo? The new line is "Take it from the man with the leathery face, you need to buy this leather case."

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: March 14, 2008 04:50

Look for me on tour....

Posted by: dixiecup ()
Date: March 14, 2008 12:45

bingo to blingo...smiling smiley

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 14, 2008 13:59

I don't mind him cashing in, I'd rather it was for a classy barnd like LV and I think the photos are fab. BUT I do think it's a bit ironic that Keith spent so much time in years past stirring it when Mick arranged sponsorship of Stones tours and implying he was against the move and yet he turns out to be the first Glimmer (I think I'm right in saying Mick has never personally endorsed products) to sell out himself.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 14, 2008 14:54

>> Keith spent so much time in years past stirring it when Mick arranged sponsorship of Stones tours <<

can you point us to some examples of that, please and thank you?
or to put it a little more clearly: i recall journalists/fans wrinkling their noses over tour sponsors,
but i'm not sure i recall Keith doing that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-14 14:58 by with sssoul.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: March 14, 2008 15:43

Lady Jayne
he turns out to be the first Glimmer (I think I'm right in saying Mick has never personally endorsed products) to sell out himself.

How about the Rice Crispies jingle?

Nothing new here. I don't understand any of the fuss about this. Does this have anything to do with music?

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 14, 2008 21:08

with sssoul
>> Keith spent so much time in years past stirring it when Mick arranged sponsorship of Stones tours <<

can you point us to some examples of that, please and thank you?
or to put it a little more clearly: i recall journalists/fans wrinkling their noses over tour sponsors,
but i'm not sure i recall Keith doing that.

I would cite his much quoted animosity to the tour arrangements in 1981/2 including the cherry picker and Jovan's sponsorship. I think most of the books suggest Mick was responsible for the arrangements, either implying Keith was deliberately excluded until it was too late or that he chose not to attend meetings and was then angry when they became known. Without going through individual press reports, he clearest quotes re the sponsorship come in Bokris and in Kris Needs' tapes. I regard his "The Stones don't do this kind of crap" in relation to the specific question re Jovan's sponsorship as at least implying he means commercial sponsorship in general rather than an objection to the individual sponsor.
I think there is therefore at least some basis in remarks coming from the man himself in the media image of Keith as the 'pure' man of rock, guardian of the Stones soul etc to be contrasted with Mick's image of the calculating business man who would sell his soul for a good deal. My only point is that I regard the dynamics as a good deal more complicated than that!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 14, 2008 21:25

ROCKMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 15, 2008 00:17

thanks Lady Jayne - but resenting the cherry picker isn't the same as resenting the sponsor, i think!
what i find in Bockris (on page 315 of the edition i've got), after outlining a bit about
Keith being pissed off about cherry picker and yellow tights and all-stadium set up and so on:
"When asked how he felt about the perfume company Jovan sponsoring the tour, Richards replied,
'We don't usually do this kind of crap, but in this case it will enable us to cover our costs
so that we can play in smaller places.' (In fact the Stones played only one small date during the tour.)"

which is about how i recalled it, so thanks for nudging me to look it up.
i agree with you about the images of the Glimmer Twins often being "oversimplified"
in the popular imagination. Bockris agrees too, but i'm tired of transcribing. :E

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 15, 2008 01:10

Rockman

Now there are the products Keith should endorse! Along with maybe Stoli and whoever's the world's leading headband manufacturer.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: March 17, 2008 12:58

Lady Jayne
I don't mind him cashing in, I'd rather it was for a classy barnd like LV and I think the photos are fab. BUT I do think it's a bit ironic that Keith spent so much time in years past stirring it when Mick arranged sponsorship of Stones tours and implying he was against the move and yet he turns out to be the first Glimmer (I think I'm right in saying Mick has never personally endorsed products) to sell out himself.

Which begs the question "How can a man with so much wealth actually 'sell out'?

Surely you can't 'sell out' if you don't need the money?

Just asking......?

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 17, 2008 15:47

I bet the only reason why keith did it is because Leibovitz asked him -and nobody turns down a possibility for a shoot with her.

And who gives a fvck that's its an add. The Stones had a sponsor and endorsement deal already in early 1964 -nothing's changed.

Mathijs

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home