Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: SCOTT CANTRELL
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 3, 2011 03:00

Fascinating stuff. Im in awe of the tangible connection some of you have with the Stones. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 3, 2011 10:52

I don't think we will ever know what really happened; it was a shooting with no witnesses. But I have seen time and again, people with money and power think they live in a different world, where the rules don't apply. Anita allègedly wanted to be free of SC, and then he is found dead, an apparent suicide. We have seen in 'Life' how Keith remains sexually insecure and jealous of Mick's involvement with Anita to this day, plus his contemptous description of SC; could he have had something to do with SC's death? Guns, drugs, quasi-criminal associates, an isolated rural location.

Someone should tally the trail of corpses behind the Stones, and take note of the ones whose deaths were never clearly explained.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 3, 2011 11:21

Bliss
I don't think we will ever know what really happened; it was a shooting with no witnesses. But I have seen time and again, people with money and power think they live in a different world, where the rules don't apply. Anita allègedly wanted to be free of SC, and then he is found dead, an apparent suicide. We have seen in 'Life' how Keith remains sexually insecure and jealous of Mick's involvement with Anita to this day, plus his contemptous description of SC; could he have had something to do with SC's death? Guns, drugs, quasi-criminal associates, an isolated rural location.

Someone should tally the trail of corpses behind the Stones, and take note of the ones whose deaths were never clearly explained.

Bliss, I want to remind you that Keith was in Paris at this time

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 3, 2011 11:46

>>Bliss, I want to remind you that Keith was in Paris at this time

I'm hardly suggesting Keith fired the fatal shot!

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 3, 2011 19:18

at the risk of inciting another near-riot - i thought i'd re-post this article i wrote - in view of this discussion

[www.aolnews.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 3, 2011 19:35

Yeah, Keith unleashing the dogs on some poor disturbed 17 y.o. nearly 30 years after the facts. Pathetic...
I want to remember the Keith who confronted the Angels at Altamont instead... (or is it another legend that was sold to us?)

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: March 4, 2011 00:34

The Keith I've met is direct and honest, right to the point. If he says the kid was a prick, my guess is the kid was a prick.

I recall when some guy fell from the balcony at a concert his first comment was "did he do it during Jumping Jack Flash?" or something to that effect.

One listen to the Stones all sitting in a room or around a table, even being interviewed for a radio program when their last album came out I believe, shows a group of english guys who are all trying to best each other with quick witted, cynical comments. Surely we all know people like this, and Keiths tongue is likely his sharpest weapon as he gets close to 70 years old. Its how he is, and those around him do their best to keep up, but he's got a sharp mind and a quick tongue, amazing to those who just thinks he's the drugged out Keith Richards. He's well read and he likes to joke and make people laugh, and at times that comes at someone else's expense.

With that said, Keith also is, in my opinion, too direct at times and that causes controversy and can hurt feelings of people at times, which is a trait I disagree with as my parents taught me if I dont have something nice to say about someone, then its best left unsaid. In this situation, I'm guessing he knows the situation better than any of us, so by saying it that way, I'm guessing he knows way more than any of us, and that may give him the right to speak frankly.

As for the victim, was he a 17 year old whose parents should have been watching more closely, to me thats probably more the issue. I have a 17 year old and I'm doing something if she is living with Charlie Sheen, and hopefully what I've done raising her to this point will give her the good judgment not to have gone off with Charlie in the first place.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 4, 2011 00:42

Bliss

What did the police report say about the suicide? I mean could they proove anything?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 4, 2011 02:01

".. like when somebody says something, and you've got the most fantastic reply. You know you shouldn't really say it, but it has to be said, even though you know that it's gonna get you in shit. It's too good a line not to say. You'd fell that you'd chickened out on yourself if you didn't say it."

Keith says this in "Life", and it fits exactly with what chelskeith says from personal experience, and with some of the startling things we all know Keith can say - maybe he should have been a standup comedian! He'll say something because it appeals to his sense of humour, and only think about whether it was appropriate later.

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: March 4, 2011 02:22

Keith in Life: "He (Cantrell) was this crazy little kid, aged seventeen, Anita's boyfriend. I said to her, listen, baby, I'm leaving, we're over, we're finished, but this is not the guy for you. And he proved it. The reason she went with this guy, who was an absolute prick, was, I think, to piss me off."

Green Lady, that appeals to Keith's sense of humor? Wow. It's fortunate that Keith did not become a stand-up comic based on that "humor", he would have starved. For the person who said that Anita could not have been dating this 17 year old (too moral for that?), obviously Keith did not doubt that she was in fact dating him.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 4, 2011 03:33

HerMajestyBrenda
Keith in Life: "He (Cantrell) was this crazy little kid, aged seventeen, Anita's boyfriend. I said to her, listen, baby, I'm leaving, we're over, we're finished, but this is not the guy for you. And he proved it. The reason she went with this guy, who was an absolute prick, was, I think, to piss me off."

Green Lady, that appeals to Keith's sense of humor? Wow. It's fortunate that Keith did not become a stand-up comic based on that "humor", he would have starved. For the person who said that Anita could not have been dating this 17 year old (too moral for that?), obviously Keith did not doubt that she was in fact dating him.

I was responding to chelskeith's interesting post, and I didn't intend the quote from Life to refer to the "prick" line (I don't think anyone has ever suggested that that was supposed to be funny) - but to Keith's attitude in general. Like what he says about how the police immediately suspected him of somehow being involved in Scott Cantrell's death: "That's a hell of a shot from Paris!" Witty, perhaps, but not tactful in the circumstances.

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: March 4, 2011 12:36

Those photos of Keith in the field are not by Andy Warhol - they were taken by Warhol's buddy, Gerard Malanga, in 1977.

Also, Scott Cantrell's mother committed suicide just a few months before he shot himself in the head. Just sayin', y'know, that he had been thinking about suicide and talking about it to his friends. Knowing Anita, she probably said something like, "Zen do it already!" and never expected that he would. I'm 100% positive she didn't pull the trigger, but I believe she could have goaded him into doing it.

Posted by: Dawnmiles ()
Date: March 22, 2011 18:49

This message is regarding Scott Cantrell. Hbwriter I need to know how to contact you Scott was my first cousin

Date: March 22, 2011 19:57

D--shoot me a note - chris@chrisepting.com

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: January 29, 2012 23:21

hbwriter
D--shoot me a note - [email protected]

Hmmm....I wonder if Dawn ever contacted Chris. We may never know.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: January 29, 2012 23:36

sweet neo con
hbwriter

Stay tuned SNC,Now that hb has been allowed back into the fold,we may find out.smileys with beer

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: January 29, 2012 23:38

ROPENI
sweet neo con
hbwriter

Stay tuned SNC,Now that hb has been allowed back into the fold,we may find out.smileys with beer

winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-29 23:39 by sweet neo con.

I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 29, 2012 23:56

ROPENI
has been allowed back into the fold

Now that's an expression I never heard before. Can you explain it to this Dutch guy please.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 30, 2012 00:03

Rolling Hansie
ROPENI

Now that's an expression I never heard before. Can you explain it to this Dutch guy please.
Basicly Hansie. Means he's been giving a second chance. Not that he should of ever had his first one taken away. But that's a very loose translation of that expression.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 30, 2012 00:05

OK. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: January 30, 2012 00:23

sweetcharmedlife
Rolling Hansie
ROPENI

Basicly Hansie. Means he's been giving a second chance. Not that he should of ever had his first one taken away. But that's a very loose translation of that expression.

Thanks sweetcharmedlife..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 30, 2012 23:56

Facinating thread, especially the first hand accounts by hbwriter and Scott Cantrell's sister.

Three things are left burning in my mind after the read:

1. What's up with the cars with black tinted windows riding Scott home? Twice. First thought was KR sent some guys to mess around with Scott but on reflection I'll bet it was only the basic limousine service that Anita had at her fingertips while still connected to Keiths account.

If you read Keiths version in Life he leave much doubt when he says "That's the story anyway, supposedly" or something similar. I think he knows more than he lets on but it's his business so I'm not that curious.

2. Anita wasn't doing drugs that weekend but Freddie was grinding up huge amounts of cocaine in the kitchen? Not likely. She still looks wired to the gills when she shows up in court with lawyer in tow days later. lol Besides I thought he was the pharmecuetical cocaine guy, why grind up those perfect thin fluffy flakes from the factory? I guess he probably scored street coke like everyone else back then too. What a character "I've been in the biz for 25 years..."! I hope you ran to the other room secrectmonalisa although something tells me you didn't. lol

Finally,

3. Who was your guitarist boyfriend secretmonalisa? Sounds like he is ancient history so please give us a glimmer. thx.

peace

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 31, 2012 01:55

dcba
I want to remember the Keith who confronted the Angels at Altamont instead... (or is it another legend that was sold to us?)

Well if by confronting you mean his "hey you guys cool it over there or we won't play!" comment. In retrospect they didn't cool it and the Stones kept on playing (of course probably to avoid more trouble). So you decide for yourself if anything was behind those words. Talk is cheap. I do respect Stu's take on the whole thing though and he had respect for Keith that day so that's probably the right reaction. peace

Date: January 31, 2012 01:57

pot - you have been stirred smiling smiley

(from another thread - this was a piece i wrote more than a year ago - HIGHLY relevant to this topic - when posted here before - we had a minor civil war - this topic is nuclear - but hey - it's the rolling stones)

[www.aolnews.com]

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: January 31, 2012 02:41

I think it's fair to say that Keith was not a great father. One of many people in the world who genuinely love their kids but put their drug addiction first.

More than kind to refer to Sessler as a courier. Another man who was not a great father -- or example. Jeff and he were bad news and hurt a lot of people.

McKenzie Philips was a victim of her messed-up father.

Scott obviously had problems and I felt very sad for his sister in reading her piece.

Anita was an intelligent and talented person who made the bad mistake of getting involved with Brian and then Keith. She didn't need them but they both obviously were fascinated by her.

Today Anita has worked hard to rebilitate herself and she has good relationships with Marlon and with Keith and his family.

I wish that Keith had taken more time and thought with "Life" because it presumably could have been helpful in coming to terms with the reality of the who he has been and who he is today. I feel that his very good publisher should have taken more time and care with the guts of this book.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: January 31, 2012 03:00

A very interesting read, thanks Hbwriter for the thread and your input, as well as all others who have provided info. We may never know the true story of what happened but there are certainly some questions that apparently still need answering.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-31 03:04 by RSbestbandever.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: January 31, 2012 03:15

Are there any photographs of Mr. Cantrell?

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: January 31, 2012 03:51

stonesrule
I think it's fair to say that Keith was not a great father. One of many people in the world who genuinely love their kids but put their drug addiction first.

More than kind to refer to Sessler as a courier. Another man who was not a great father -- or example. Jeff and he were bad news and hurt a lot of people.

McKenzie Philips was a victim of her messed-up father.

Scott obviously had problems and I felt very sad for his sister in reading her piece.

Anita was an intelligent and talented person who made the bad mistake of getting involved with Brian and then Keith. She didn't need them but they both obviously were fascinated by her.

Today Anita has worked hard to rebilitate herself and she has good relationships with Marlon and with Keith and his family.

I wish that Keith had taken more time and thought with "Life" because it presumably could have been helpful in coming to terms with the reality of the who he has been and who he is today. I feel that his very good publisher should have taken more time and care with the guts of this book.

More like Keith and Brian made the bad mistake to get involved with Anita. Anita, by her own admission, made it a point to get backstage to meet them after one of their shows in Germany in late 1965. If Keith, as you say, wasn't a great father, she certainly wasn't winning any mother of the year awards. I'm glad she's worked hard to maintain a good relationship with Marlon, Keith and his family. I hope she's done the same with Angela.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 31, 2012 12:35

Thanks everybody and hbwriter, great stuff. I guess th epolice didnt find any gunpowder or prints on the gun but did she remove the gun and was she in the same room with SC? And Marlon didnt witness the incident or did he? Never really got a clear picture of the scenario.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 31, 2012 15:39

sweetcharmedlife
Rolling Hansie
ROPENI

Based on "sheepfold".

"No Anchovies, Please"

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1395
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home