Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

THE LOTUS STAGE
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 14, 2008 20:53

In Woody's book, he says that the 1975 Lotus stage (the NY/LA one) was purchased by Keith Moon. I recently read that the leaves are now part of Jagger's garden at his home in France. Anyone know about this?

Re: THE LOTUS STAGE
Date: February 14, 2008 20:58

Incidentally--I found the old Mobile truck up in a Canadian museum recently fo a book I wrote, Led Zeppelin Crashed Here...

visited here, too

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 15, 2008 01:22

who designed it anyway?

Date: February 15, 2008 02:54

T--Jules Fisher (Broadway guy) along with Jagger & Watts

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: February 15, 2008 03:00

The folding lotus stage was their best ever. Anybody have any good pictures of it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-15 03:03 by 3DTeafoe.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 15, 2008 07:36

I do, but they are prints from 75.

What plays or other things has Jules Fisher been involved with?

Is he still alive?

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: February 15, 2008 08:26

There were multiple stages. One was for auction in the late 80's and went for a few hundred grand.

Date: February 15, 2008 08:35

Fischer is sill around - bio includes "His credits as a producer include "The Rink," the award-winning "Lenny," "Bob Fosse's Dancin'," "Rock N' Roll! The First 5,000 Years," "Elvis: An American Musical," and "Dangerous Games." He designed the lighting for Kevin Kline's production of "Hamlet" for WNET-TV, and lit productions of "Porgy and Bess" and "A Midsummer Night's Dream" at the New York City Opera.

Mr. Fisher was production supervisor for tours of the Rolling Stones, KISS, David Bowie, as well as the rock concert tour of "Tommy." His other lighting design work has ranged from Crosby Stills and Nash, Whitney Houston, and the Simon and Garfunkel concert in Central Park to the Radio City Music Hall presentation of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; from the 1977 Academy Awards show to the concert lighting for Barbra Streisand's film "A Star is Born.""

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home