Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
FANTASTIC 1 hour Charlie Rose interview with MICK JAGGER - 11/14/02
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 10, 2008 07:54

I always love these Jagger interviews when he's loose and respects the guy (or woman) he's talking to. At times this is more like listening in to a private conversation these 2 men are having as opposed to something for television. Thank God it's Charlie Rose who's light years ahead of Larry King (America's other big interviewer - not quite as good as ROSE to put it mildly). Interview done in Mick's Hotel room in Los Angeles/Beverly Hills during the Licks Tour. Great Hour of chat....

Re: FANTASTIC 1 hour Charlie Rose interview with MICK JAGGER - 11/14/02
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 10, 2008 08:59

Fanks Helter....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: February 10, 2008 09:12

Thanks for posting. Hadn't seen that before in its entirety.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 10, 2008 19:23

Thanks alot for that! I tried to buy it but even Amazon doesn't have it available! There's another Rose interview with Mick, not sure if it was in 2004 but I think it might have been.

Date: February 10, 2008 20:38

mickschix
Thanks alot for that! I tried to buy it but even Amazon doesn't have it available! There's another Rose interview with Mick, not sure if it was in 2004 but I think it might have been.

Yeah, Amazon's been out of it forever, don't know if they'll ever carry it again (I've been waiting to buy one too). I don't know if there's more than just one interview cause this is a rebroadcast. YouTube has 3 versions (different air dates) of this same interview up. I choose this re-broadcast cause the sound is MUCH better than the other 2 which you can hardly hear (big waste of time to even try - horribly muffled) Helter

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 10, 2008 20:41

It's fun to see Mick in complete control as Charlie worships.

Date: February 10, 2008 21:02

Awww, come on Stonesrule, seems pretty "mutual" to me... I think you're thinking about back in the day when Larry King would have Sinatra on his show, surprised Larry didn't bring his shoeshine kit........

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 10, 2008 21:16

Sorry Helter that's how I see it. I respect "icons" who've learned the hard way that they have to have things set up just so and take control.

I certainly agree with you that Charlie Rose is a class act compared to the odious Larry King.

I've seen the chick bragging on TV about how she infiltrated the Britney camp to do the Rolling Stone covery story, and I have nothing but contempt for this kind of "journalism."

Posted by: linnerz ()
Date: February 10, 2008 22:13

I just watched the great interview on youtube and I think I remember the voice of the interviewer ... was he the guy who asked Jagger in the early seventies, if he could imagine, still doin' what he was doin' then at the age of sixty? »Can you imagine doin' wahat you do now at the age of sixty? Goin' on stage with a can?« And Jagger answered »Yeah, easily. Marlene Dietrich, she still does it. And she is more than sixty ...«

Does anybody know???

Re: interview
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 10, 2008 22:18

>> Does anybody know <<

that was Dick Cavett. this is Charlie Rose.

Posted by: linnerz ()
Date: February 10, 2008 22:31

Okay ... thanks for the info!

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 10, 2008 22:48

comparing favorably to Larry King is not a challenge. Charlie Rose must have paid someone to establish a reputation, as he's a terrible interviewer and unbearable sycophant. Fortunately, this reputation precedes him, and his guests seem to arrive prepared to speak more intelligently and at greater length than is typical. This interview is a good example. Rose adds nothing, but the interview is valuable anyway, because mick has clearly decided ahead of time to make a good showing.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: February 10, 2008 23:00

cc
he's a terrible interviewer and unbearable sycophant. Fortunately, this reputation precedes him, and his guests seem to arrive prepared to speak more intelligently and at greater length than is typical.

I agree. I've never thought he deserves his reputation and it's nice to hear someone else say it .

Posted by: Guba ()
Date: February 11, 2008 00:39

this isn't an interview. Its a conversation. Reading up the newspapers in public! God! Absolutely dilettant.

Date: February 11, 2008 01:05

...it's DILETTANTE I believe.... and that's a good thing, ain't it? I did say it was like a conversation in my intro above Guba - LOOK, LISTEN, and LEARN (said Barney the Crossing Guard smiling smiley)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-11 01:08 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: Guba ()
Date: February 11, 2008 10:41

Don't be so very smart, HelterSkelter!

An interview should never be like a conversation. It's not a good thing, if it is. Of course, the interviewer should let the other talk, but has to lead the process, and get new, relevant questions out of that, what he heard. He has to know whats the goal of the meeting. In this case: not one relevant question, nothing's asked at the right time, in the right place, just bla-bla-bla.

And it is'nt cool at all.

A lot of journalists, that are good interviewer - including myself - would be happy to have an hour with Mick.

And when they see this boring waste of time, what charlie rose could get out of it, they are just pissed.

Date: February 11, 2008 10:54

OK, I'll be serious since I see that you've really thought this out/involved in the business. If you're in the states you know how bad our "top" interview people are - KING, LENO, etc. So, who do you recommend? 4 or 5 good ones, I'm always willing to check out new people so I'd appreciate the info (US or/and UK is fine) Thanks, Helter

Date: February 11, 2008 23:41

That interview is terrific. I never saw The Man from Elysian Fields. Opinions on that?

I felt like a hillbilly for a minute there...just a minute, now

Date: February 12, 2008 00:27

Not yet on the film - Elysian Fields - gonna order it on Amazon. IT LOOKS GOOD !!!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: February 12, 2008 00:44

Whatever you call it, I thought it was good and I really enjoyed it. Especially when they got to speaking about the Stones. Nice to hear Jagger so honest and open. I like how he's so proud of the Stones and their longevity.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 12, 2008 00:46

The Rose/Jagger/Elysian Fields interview is great. Charlie Rose is indeed a great interviewer. He DOES get his subjects to speak candidly about relevant information....in spite of what the so-called expert on this forum says.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-12 00:49 by Lukester.

Posted by: ERC6761 ()
Date: February 12, 2008 00:54

agree, this interview is complete tosh as are 9% of all other celebrity/60 minutes type interviews, most being timed to coincide with an immininent tour/concert/movie/book publication.

For something refreshingly different check out Andrew Denton on ABC TV here in Oz, an interviewer who is intelligent, articulate and is NOT a sycophant.

Good example is the interview with Bono last year. Love or hate Bono you cannot deny Denton is a class act.

[www.abc.net.au]

Check out transcript and video extracts.

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: February 12, 2008 01:50

One of the best Mick Jagger interviews ever and I hope he does write a travel book someday.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 12, 2008 02:38

excellent interview by charlie, no one ever gets mick to open up like that, but charlie did, got to give him kudos

Posted by: ERC6761 ()
Date: February 12, 2008 05:54

i made a typo........should have read 99% of all such interviews are shitehouse

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: February 13, 2008 13:22

Nice interview, thanks for posting. I do feel sorry for the people who went to the shows of which bits are shown during the interview: incredibly bad.

Date: February 13, 2008 16:42

melillo
excellent interview by charlie, no one ever gets mick to open up like that, but charlie did, got to give him kudos

Very good point melillo, I think that's one of the things I really like about it, Mick is SO relaxed. We all know getting Mick to take that MJ guard down in an interview is 90% of the battle, doesn't happen very often........

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 13, 2008 19:14

I heard Charlie Rose's promo on channel 13 for another upcoming show...
Charlie's voice over the spot said that he would "conversate" with his guest.
I would have just said "converse"... So now I'll find out if there is such a word
conversate and what's the difference. (If Charlie Rose said it on PBS, I would assume
that it's a real word.)

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 13, 2008 19:37

Mick likes Charlie and gives him good interview.
Charlie is quite a bit smarter than many interviewers and I respect
much of his work. He is always familiar with his subjects. Okay,
at times he is a tad worshipful.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 14, 2008 00:43

I agree, Lukester! I thought both of Rose's interviews with Mick were great because they SEEMED so casual, like he was meeting Mick in a pub and sat down for a chat. Great style of interviewing, and I think the fact that he makes it look so easy tells how good Charlie is. Mick seemed to really enjoy the chat, he was not rolling his eyes like he can when he gets annoyed!! Can you imagine interviewing Mick and having him yawn?? I'd die!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home