Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hyde Park 1969 WLIR FM documentary
Posted by: Britney ()
Date: January 13, 2008 22:25

A 1979 WLIR FM documentary is mentioned as one of the sources used for the various Hyde Park 1969 Free Concert bootlegs. Does anybody know which songs were actually broadcast?

Re: Hyde Park 1969 WLIR FM documentary
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 13, 2008 22:42

I dont know if it was from WLIR FM but in the early 80s indeed a tape went round in trading circles that was labelled "Hyde Park 1969 FM broadcast". the copy I have somewhere has all songs from the show, soundboard except Down Home Girl from an audience source; thats why I always doubted the FM origin. but its well possible that one collector decided to cut Down Home Girl in from a different source to have the complete show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-13 22:43 by alimente.

Date: January 14, 2008 00:29

If all the songs were broadcast on FM radio it's also quite remarkable that both the Granada TV version and the radiobroadcast featured an incomplete Satisfaction and edited I'm Yours And I'm Hers. Does the broadcasttape include anything else besides the songs?

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: January 14, 2008 01:11

there is an boot ,only incl the radiobroadcast,
starting with JUMPING JACK FLASH..can't remember the name

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 14, 2008 03:22

Britney
If all the songs were broadcast on FM radio it's also quite remarkable that both the Granada TV version and the radiobroadcast featured an incomplete Satisfaction and edited I'm Yours And I'm Hers. Does the broadcasttape include anything else besides the songs?

nothing that I can remember (ok, besides the songs there was Micks speech and the backstage rehearsals). I remember that this tape went also under the title "Hyde Park Movie Soundtrack" in some traders lists, and when I spoke one of the guys to make sure that its not the same I had under the listing "Hyde Park FM", he insisted that there was a movie early 70s. I thought that he meant the TV special, but he again insisted that the "movie theatre version was much longer than the TV version". well, I cant remember a movie at all, but anyway, those were the days, information was not available like nowadays. again, I think it is highly unlikely that either a movie or FM version includes one track recorded from the audience (Down Home Girl). then again, the FM broadcast/movie soundtrack is definitely longer than the TV special, so who knows where the extra tracks are coming from?

Posted by: dph ()
Date: January 18, 2008 03:49

Britney
A 1979 WLIR FM documentary is mentioned as one of the sources used for the various Hyde Park 1969 Free Concert bootlegs. Does anybody know which songs were actually broadcast?
It was a mixture of music and interviews. They played every song except I'm Yours and I'm Hers, Down Home Girl, and Satisfaction. There's an interview in the middle of Midnight Rambler. Swingin' Pig chopped it out, VGP spliced together the FM and video to eliminate it, can't recall which one SODD copied.

Date: January 19, 2008 15:58

dph
Britney
It was a mixture of music and interviews. They played every song except I'm Yours and I'm Hers, Down Home Girl, and Satisfaction. There's an interview in the middle of Midnight Rambler. Swingin' Pig chopped it out, VGP spliced together the FM and video to eliminate it, can't recall which one SODD copied.
I've read that SODD mainly used the radiosource and includes the complete Midnight Rambler FM/Video edit.

Date: January 20, 2008 04:44

Britney
dph
Britney
I've read that SODD mainly used the radiosource and includes the complete Midnight Rambler FM/Video edit.
SODD didn't use the best sources, they copied TSP and/or VGP.

This is all you need: [www.hungercity.org]

Quote:
Here is yet another version of the Stones' first concert with Mick Taylor, recorded in London's Hyde Park on July 5, 1969, bootlegged many times over. This is an upgrade, using sources which are not widely available, and is the most complete version available. In order of appearance, it uses 1) audience recording from "Hyde Park July 1969" LP on Contraband Music label, 2) soundboard recording from 1979 FM broadcast by WLIR-FM, Long Island, NY, 3) Granada TV special, and 4) audience recording from "In the Park" on Scorpio/Gold Standard. Not used: previous releases by Swingin' Pig, VGP, or SODD, which are all inferior to source 2) which is used wherever possible.

CD1 uses source 1) as a starting point as it's almost complete. It is the worst recording by far but Mick's voice is very clear so it's fine for dialogue. The music and dialogue are replaced wherever possible by the other 3 sources. Source 1) ends with CD1 so CD2 is pieced together from the best of the others. Source 3) is used as the pitch/speed reference and the other sources are pitch corrected to match it. This runs slower than previous versions. I believe it is correct.

Let me tell you, it took some time to put together.

Date: January 20, 2008 04:56

dph
Britney
dph
Britney

This is all you need: [www.hungercity.org]

Let me tell you, it took some time to put together.

Yep, that is a very nice effort indeed. The pitch is still about a semitone flat though.

Date: January 20, 2008 05:03

I matched everything to the DVD, speed wise.

Date: January 20, 2008 05:13

dph
I matched everything to the DVD, speed wise.

Then your DVD version might be off by a semitone (my DVD-copy runs at concert pitch). The "He's Not Dead" torrent runs about a semitone below concertpitch.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1427
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home