Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Anita Pallenberg Appreciation Thread
Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 14, 2007 07:30

A smart, strong woman and major player from 1965 - 80 or so in Stones history, plus a survivor...Thanks for the pix & prose.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 14, 2007 08:28

What is pretty remarkable is that Keith's ole genes must be powerful LOL. Because his daughters now all look the same as Marlon early on with Anita.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: gypsy ()
Date: January 14, 2007 20:41

Some more Exile photos, courtesy of Dominique Tarle:

[img453.imageshack.us]

[img231.imageshack.us]

[img158.imageshack.us]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 14, 2007 20:56

Man !!!! she was so special can't find any picture where she looks down or out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-14 21:25 by NICOS.

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: January 14, 2007 20:57

She's a scorpion woman!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 14, 2007 20:58

Hey Nico!! What you think about Nico??? (Velted u) any pictures?

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 14, 2007 21:00

I

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-14 21:52 by rooster.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: January 14, 2007 21:20

I have some original photos from the Performance film set with Anita and Michelle naked in the shower together. Yippee.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: January 14, 2007 21:31

I think its interesting she says she asked Keith recently when they will do the EOMS concert, like its something the Stones have also discussed.

John

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 14, 2007 21:35

>> I think its interesting she says she asked Keith recently when they will do the EOMS concert <<

that interview's from the Licks tour days, though, when they were "showcasing" particular albums at the shows,
so i've always reckoned she just meant "one of the shows where Exile will be showcased".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-14 21:37 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 14, 2007 21:36

Yep!!...with sssoul that's how this kid read it to....

ROCKMAN

Date: January 14, 2007 21:40

Nicos, for the down & out there were many disturbing pictures from when she was arrested in 1979, after that 16 year old kid shot himself in her & K's bed...People mag did a spread, and the NY Post called her "fat" and "bloated" and suggested she was participating in late night Satanic rituals in the woods nearby...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 14, 2007 21:46

There's a lot of myths surrounding this woman.

Date: January 14, 2007 22:20

Anita in the upcoming Harmony Korrine film, as the Queen of England...Cant wait.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 15, 2007 10:39

A True Heroine For Keith in her [hey-]days...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-15 10:39 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: January 16, 2007 05:42

How come Bill and Charlie never tagged her?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 16, 2007 06:09

She appears to be nothing more than a groupie that latched on to whomever she seduced. Sorry fellas, though the dark side of us love the wildness and raw quirky energy, the better side says maybe Keith ditched her because of what she really is.

Sure she was pretty and sexy looking, but she dumped Brian for a good friend of his (in public for all to see) she was a doper, a poor example of a mother, and probably an embarrassment to her kids with all the skanky nude photos. On the outside we think that is so cool. I would hate to have to look at my mother that way, or the mother of my children. No appreciation here.

Date: January 16, 2007 07:06

""She was a doper..." hmm, sort of like KR, RW, BJ, CW, & MT (& Marianne) just to stay w/ individuals "On" topic...She also got sober, and participated in several films by good directors (Garrel, Cammell, Schlondorff, Kenneth Anger) and as already mentioned in a post above, left Brian after he beat her up.

Posted by: gypsy ()
Date: January 16, 2007 07:23

The Sicilian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She appears to be nothing more than a groupie that
> latched on to whomever she seduced. Sorry fellas,
> though the dark side of us love the wildness and
> raw quirky energy, the better side says maybe
> Keith ditched her because of what she really is.
>
>
> Sure she was pretty and sexy looking, but she
> dumped Brian for a good friend of his (in public
> for all to see) she was a doper, a poor example of
> a mother, and probably an embarrassment to her
> kids with all the skanky nude photos. On the
> outside we think that is so cool. I would hate to
> have to look at my mother that way, or the mother
> of my children. No appreciation here.

Jeez, what are you - a Puritan?
I don't think her nude photos are embarrassing or "skanky."
But to each their own.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: January 16, 2007 07:58

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-29 08:56 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: January 16, 2007 10:00

I don't think she photographs well in all her still shots, which probably is why some here say she wasn't hot. But in movies, she was stunning. Even now, as "bad" as she supposedly looks, she doesn't look so bad in her video interviews. And she does have a great smile that looks better in movies/videos than still photos. It's not just her looks, it's her personality. You really have to see her moving and speaking to get the full effect of her charisma and beauty.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 16, 2007 10:07

Very good point Marianna. Much like Keith is too. When she was younger she was beautiful but in films even much more. And today once you see her in action, in life she looks a whole lot more vital and young when moving etc.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: January 16, 2007 15:29

The Yahoo Group for Anita is called thegreattyrant . Lots of great pics, many recent, along with news, etc.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: January 16, 2007 15:31

nice pics

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-17 15:53 by Carnaby.

Date: January 16, 2007 15:34

gypsy Wrote:
> Jeez, what are you - a Puritan?
> I don't think her nude photos are embarrassing or
> "skanky."
> But to each their own.

Sorry gypsy, no puritan here by a long shot. My point is that to glorify a woman for all the skanky, sleezy behavior is, well, repugnant. If you think that her nudes well in good taste, hey whatever. All I know if I was any her children I surely wouldn't be proud of her lifestyle.

I guess its just fun to have a girlfriend that is a drunk, doper, sleeze, sleeps around, and it is just reassuring to know that she was raising a small child while behaving so elegantly. I can dig that.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: January 16, 2007 17:26

Carnaby, I don't think this is Anita. It says it's Nico as the Black Queen and maybe they mixed it up with Barbarella when filing.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: January 16, 2007 17:32

The Sicilian Wrote:
> gypsy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Jeez, what are you - a Puritan?
> > I don't think her nude photos are embarrassing
> or
> > "skanky."
> > But to each their own.
>
> Sorry gypsy, no puritan here by a long shot. My
> point is that to glorify a woman for all the
> skanky, sleezy behavior is, well, repugnant. If
> you think that her nudes well in good taste, hey
> whatever. All I know if I was any her children I
> surely wouldn't be proud of her lifestyle.
>
> I guess its just fun to have a girlfriend that is
> a drunk, doper, sleeze, sleeps around, and it is
> just reassuring to know that she was raising a
> small child while behaving so elegantly. I can
> dig that.

seems like selective prejudicial enforcement of an anti-woman agenda to me; at least here it does...when at least six of the seven stones (maybe not bill, who kept his habits seemingly restricted to screwing anything that moved and putting thousands of notches in his belt, oooh, you would never do that...just because some girl wants to get on down)...anyway, each of the precious vaulted boyz is currently, or was for a periods of times..."a drunk, doper, sleeze, sleeps around" and quite probably very long periods of time not taking personal care of the dozens of children that most of the stones have sired by several different women each...talking mostly keith, mick and brian in these regards...but none of them, or us, is perfect on anyone's arbitrary morality scale...
by this reasoning, half the stones catalag would rightly be judged irresponsibly offenseive and sleazy...(which is why i like it, like it yes i do)
well, let's clean things up; start by removing htw and bs and live with me and stray cat blues...what's with the goddamn boner and zipper on a record cover!!?? what's with all the violent imagery, and sexist nihilist lyrics...so wrong, they are just so wrong...entire albums need to be recalled and censored and our culture needs to be sanitized from the scummy residue left by such pompous, self-centered skanky boyz, now slowed a bit, and just a bit, only by father time...
...obviously there should have been many statutory rape charges and liftimes in jail for such behaviours...i mean what stinking drunk doper sleazes...you really shouldn't listen when you think about it for a minute...they were on speed on the early albums, then pot, hallucigens, opiates and controlled stiumlants of all kinds since they started continuing all the way up to today, wherever any of them might be this morning...
and what about the stones all marrying models who have to raise their children while they whore about...shameful...oh my goodness, what pure scum.
sounds a little different when one drops a sexist approach and looks at it perspective, don't it?
i mean it depends on what direction one wants to direct judgemental vitriol...
it's nasty music from nasty people with nasty habits and i really don't think decent people should ever listen to these skanky whore dopers. guess the government let me down by letting me get to this material as a mere boy...and now i have to deal with the burden of the filthy lyrics in rough justice, i mean these whore mongering dopers will never learn, will they? what totally irresponsible skanks.
i won't deify any of them, or their girlfriends...not will i villify any of them, or their various friends and muses...
we just need to get back to traditional biblical morality here and stone anita to death in the public square...and give the men all a free pass...and so it was written, amen.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 16, 2007 17:47

Some great photos gypsy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-16 17:49 by Big Al.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 16, 2007 18:21

Beely, sure the Stones are sleazy (at best). That's what I like about 'em.

They actually live as many of us fantasize about (and sometimes live out, briefly).

We used to call our all weekend parties withno sleep "Keefin' Out". Ahhh, the days of youth!

Date: January 16, 2007 18:56

Beelyboy,

The thread was a tribute to Anita not the band. Nothing sexist implied with my response. My opinion of her influence thru my eyes.

Do I think any of the band members are positive influences on how to conduct ones life? Absolutely not. I don't emilate their lifestyles. I love their music, their stage presence, and enjoy reading about their antics. So you see that is where you separate fantasy from reality. This has absolutely nothing to do with censorship. You are way overboard.

Beyond the money, fame and fortune they are all people just like you and I. They are who they are. I don't have to put people on pedestals because their famous. I won't bow and wave a palm leaf on her because she was Keith's "girl".

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home