Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Oh No Not Dave Mathews Again!!
Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 19, 2006 02:53

yikes ....... let it bleed w/ this guy ...oh i am still in therapy from him doing M. Motel.......

Re: Oh No Not Dave Mathews Again!!
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 19, 2006 02:57

I dont really mind him once in a while singing with mick. Theyre sinGing and performance styles are SO different, its funny seing them do a song together. Id realy like to see footage of them doing let it bleed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-19 04:51 by ryanpow.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 19, 2006 03:06

HE SUCKS! Ruins Memory Motel! Stay away and hang with your own frigging band!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 19, 2006 03:09

whitem8, you must be new, ain't seen you before, however, I agree with everything you've posteed lately, especially that DM blows big time!

Date: October 19, 2006 03:10

He SUCKS!!
Ruined Memory Motel live.
Stay away Mr. Matthew's hang with your own shitty band!

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 19, 2006 03:11

I found Dave's duet on Let It Bleed to be a step up from his performance on Memory Motel. The duet wasn't neccesary, but as I've seen the Stones plenty of times, I don't mind them doing things a little different from time to time.

Date: October 19, 2006 03:12

Oops sorry got posted twice:-) Hey Elmo:-) thanks! I have been on since the Shanghai show, great site!!!

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: October 19, 2006 03:42

I do not get why D Matthews is popular- mediocre singing, no real beat, nothing special in the lyrics either! Last night the younger crowd did seem to enjoy their local guy. Sound was overly loud, heavy bass too. Leave Mick do the singing, or Keith who was fine on YGtheSilver.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 19, 2006 03:43

whitem8 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He SUCKS!!
> Ruined Memory Motel live.
> Stay away Mr. Matthew's hang with your own shitty
> band!

Well, if his own band is Shitty is a matter of taste, but his voice did not only ruin Memory Motel on No Security for me, but also an otherwise @#$%& great version of Wild Horses on the BTB tour Video/DVD. I just hope that he does not appear during the Beacon shows to ruin another song which ends up on DVD - would drive me mad!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: October 19, 2006 03:43

..... criminal

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 19, 2006 03:49

Everybody seem to agree on Dave Matthew's awful voice. I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy, perhaps I'll send him some money.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 19, 2006 03:54

Dave = not a bad guitar player, but that whiny voice SUX, not sucks. He represents all that's bad about the whiners out there today.

Sing a few good time drugs-sex-rock and roll songs, you wimps.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 19, 2006 04:21

What squeals like a pig and mooo's like a cow?

Dave Matthews.

Can't stand his voice or his music, he ruined another great Stones song.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 19, 2006 04:29

I'd rather hear Chris Matthews sing!

Posted by: stonesgirl ()
Date: October 19, 2006 04:29

Halup Wrote:
> I found Dave's duet on Let It Bleed to be a step
> up from his performance on Memory Motel. The duet
> wasn't neccesary, but as I've seen the Stones
> plenty of times, I don't mind them doing things a
> little different from time to time.

Oh I totally agree with this!

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: October 19, 2006 04:41

Every 10 years College Kids need a band they can call their own. It used to be Counting Crows and now it's The Dave Matthews Band. Didn't like either band but Matthews has one song that kicks "Gravedigger" Dark and Moody, have no idea what album it's on but I must say it's excellent.....and yeah, let's quite with the duets unless it's Sheryl Crow.....

Posted by: thewho ()
Date: October 19, 2006 04:41

With all respect to everyone on the board here, myself not being a huge Dave Matthews fan, last night his performance was fine and he got the crowd into the song when he came out. He seemed to have a good time and Keith made the effort to hustle over to him on the other side of the stage to shake his hand. This was the 2nd time I'd seen him, and the first time I saw him he put on a pretty good show. The musicians backing him are quite talented in their own right...

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: October 19, 2006 04:50

Clearly I'm in the minority, but I've always liked DMB. I think their music is funky and original, and if it weren't for the teeming hordes of teens and college kids who live and breath each waking second for them, I think they'd be accepted by a lot more people.

That said, I've never been interested in seeing Dave sing with the Stones. He doesn't belong up there with them ... but at least it's obvious that he's sincerely honored to be there.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 19, 2006 04:56

I'm not a big fan of the DMB or many of their songs, but they are all excellent musicians and I could understand why jazz fans may like them. They were a great opening act though, in that they really got the crowd all around me on the floor dancing and singing. They got a 70 minute set instead of the usual 45 minutes and did a great job of warming up the crowd for the Stones, exactly what an opening act should do. Dave also thanked the Stones a few times during their set for allowing them to open.

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: October 19, 2006 04:57

I love the Memory Motel version with him singing. He fit very well on that song, don't know how well will he fit on Let It Bleed, can't really picture him singing it but I'll have to wait and hear it to judge it. I very much dislike DMB however.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-19 04:58 by Keith The Beast.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: October 19, 2006 05:01

... how about a duet with richards?

...... always seems like the idea is to buy fans when a guest spot is used,,, i hate it

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: October 19, 2006 05:02

I'm guilty of having an eclectic musical taste. I don't love the DMB, but I do like some of his music. I haven't heard any of his Stones duets, or covers. I'll have to check Youtube.

The music doesn't compare to the RS, but on a whole, not a lot of artists' catalogues do.

Anyhow, I've outed myself as a "liker" of DMB. Now, fire away all smiling smiley

MB, I do love Grave Digger. It's off of a solo project he did, sans his normal band, called Some Devil. I think Trey Anastasio(?) - the Phish guy - played a significant role in the project if I recall properly. I think they're buds.

Erik - Don't send him any money. I've sent him some already.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 19, 2006 05:07

WMiller Wrote:
> > >
> Anyhow, I've outed myself as a "liker" of DMB.
> Now, fire away all smiling smiley
>

okay. you're a bigger @#$%& than we all thought you were. ABW

Posted by: ilovethe80sstbk ()
Date: October 19, 2006 05:10

the only thing i enjoyed about dave matthews was the entertainment i got from people dancing wildly

"You've got to roll me"

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: October 19, 2006 05:23

StonesTod Wrote:
> WMiller Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > >
> > Anyhow, I've outed myself as a "liker" of DMB.
> > Now, fire away all smiling smiley
> >
>
> okay. you're a bigger @#$%& than we all thought
> you were. ABW

StonesTod - if nothing else you're consistant. I knew I could count on you to be an early adopter. I know I'll get loads of shite from at least one other poster come morning!

What's ABW? How was Dylan?

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: October 19, 2006 05:31

Dave Matthews is great. If you have $20 to invest, buy the Central Park concert in dvd. You'll figure out what people see in him. His energy is incredible. I am not much of a fan of his last couple of albums (actually, I think they are shit), but I would venture to say that he recorded two of the best albums of the 1990s (Under the Table and Dreaming and Before these Crowded Streets) as well as one of the best live albums ever (Live at Red Rocks).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-19 05:32 by Raoul Duke.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 19, 2006 05:33

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: Monty5 ()
Date: October 19, 2006 05:43

He sucks bigtime.

Date: October 19, 2006 05:58

YEAH!
Sucks big time! Boring as frigging hell!!!! Another yuppie Greatful Dead wanna be...pandering to the white middle class student union college crowd.

Posted by: Monty5 ()
Date: October 19, 2006 05:59

Anyone remember this?

Band Driver Pleads Guilty To Dumping Waste

CHICAGO A spokesman for the Dave Matthews Band says a tour bus driver who pleaded guilty to dumping a septic tank full of waste off a bridge was suspended without pay from his job.

The bus driver for the Dave Matthews Band pleaded guilty Wednesday to dumping 800 pounds of human waste from the vehicle's septic tank onto a sightseeing boat on the Chicago River last summer.

The driver, Stefan Wohl, was sentenced to 18 months probation, 150 hours of community service and the maximum $10,000 fine, which will be paid to Friends of the Chicago River, said Tom Stanton, a spokesman for the Cook County State's Attorney's office.

Wohl, 42, of Selma, Texas, pleaded guilty to the original charges filed against him in January, reckless conduct and discharging contaminates to cause water pollution, Stanton said.

According to authorities, Wohl was alone in the bus of band violinist Boyd Tinsley on his way to a downtown hotel Aug. 8 when he emptied the bus' septic tank as it crossed the metal grates of the Kinzie Street bridge.

The human waste poured through the grates and onto the open deck of the Chicago's Little Lady tour boat, which was passing below with more than 100 people on board.

The boat immediately returned to its dock and was disinfected, and officials with the Chicago Architectural Foundation, which operates the tour, offered refunds. They said they received several calls from angry passengers who also demanded compensation for clothing and personal items.

When Wohl was charged, prosecutors said he had talked to investigators and denied discharging waste on the bridge, prosecutors said.

Authorities used surveillance tapes from area buildings to zero in on the bus and consulted with engineers to determine the waste release was not an accident.

Prosecutors said the band cooperated in the investigation, flying Tinsley to Chicago to be interviewed by authorities and bringing the bus, one of a number used by the band, back for inspection.

Shortly after the incident, the band issued a statement on its Web site saying that if the bus was found to be responsible, the band would "work quickly to make amends, with the people on the boat and with Chicago."

The band has since donated $50,000 to the Friends of the Chicago River and $50,000 to the Chicago Park District.

Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has also filed a civil lawsuit seeking $70,000 in damages against the band and driver alleging they violated state environmental laws. That case is ongoing, and the next court date is scheduled for next month, according to Madigan spokeswoman Melissa Merz.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2029
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home