Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My little story
Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: August 21, 2006 02:46

I decided to go to Twickenham 20th show pretty last mintue and could only find block 28 (lower tier) at Ticketmaster for £90. I thought - what the hell - and went for it.

When I got to my seat, my heart sank. The rear speaker column directly blocked my view of both the stage and the screen. I couldn't see anything!.

So I looked at the back of my ticket and saw the terms and conditions about the fact that you have to bring any problems with poor view etc to the attention of the promoter BEFORE the performance or else there is no comeback. So who do you need to complain to? £90 is a lot of money to lok at a speaker column. I spoke to the steward but he didn't know.

I then went to the information centre. The bloke there didn't know what to do either. However, I pointed out that I needed to speak to the PROMOTER. He got the promoters mobile number for me. The promoter's assistant answered and I told her the situation. I wasn't ranting but I tried to form a sensible argument, even though she made it clear that I was through on the wrong number and shouldn't have been able to get through. She wasn't nasty about it, she was just trying to find out where I got the number from to stop it happening again.

Anyway, she asked if I would be happy if they put me on the pitch where my view wasn't blocked. I said of course, thats all I want. So she came and met me. She asked how many were in my group - just me. She then pulled one ticket out BLOCK A2 ROW 14. Wow. What a nice lady, she made my day. I can't remember her name.

Anyway, the show was great and this was definately one of the best nights of my life.

I'm now back home drinking beer and getting relaxed before bed. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight! Can't wait 'till Tuesday.

Re: My little story
Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: August 21, 2006 02:56

Great story!

My brother and his mates were in A2 row 13, they also were blown away and said it was amazing...

I'll see you tuesday!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: August 21, 2006 03:00

Mr Jimmy,

You better pray they play Sway and Midnight Rambler again because those two songs were spot on. Sway was sooooo good. I didn't want to hear it before the gig because of the bad versions I've heard on boots from earlier on the tour - they play it much too fast and Ronnie @#$%& up the solos. However, tonight was just the right speed and Ronnie was on form.

Midnight Rambler was a furious version too. It's my wifes fav song and see wasn't there toinght so I really want them to play it on Tuesday when she is there.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: August 21, 2006 03:03

Yeah i havnt heard MR live for a while, but i have to say that, because they played it tonight, we probably wont hear it tuesday... Im hoping to get it in glasgow!

Man, the stones are just the best!!!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: August 21, 2006 03:11

wow - you were really lucky but smart thinking as well - great job - you didn't gave up ! cool story and what a UPGRADE you got ! WOW! Congratulations...!!!

Posted by: seebee ()
Date: August 21, 2006 04:02

Fantastic story! Good for you! Wonder how many people are going to try that on Tuesday now...what was that mobile number? Lol.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 21, 2006 04:02

That's a great story - I love it! Well done for persevering and getting your due (and more into the bargain as well)!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 21, 2006 05:24

Wow! They took care of me in Chicago as well. My view was blocked by a camera so I got moved to the 1st row of the b stage.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: August 21, 2006 07:06

Hey sjs12....way to think on your feet, man.

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: August 21, 2006 07:42

Great story sjs12 - thanks for posting and glad your night turned into one of the best ever.

Date: August 21, 2006 11:42

By the way, they'll clamp down on that now if anyone is thinking of doing it. (The lady had a word with the enquiry office) You'll have to find another way now!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 21, 2006 12:16

Nobody is supposed to be sitting behind the sound and vision towers. But some times they make mistakes, and it is great to see they can do some service.

Bjornulf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2083
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home