Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bootleg shops in Tokyo
Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: August 21, 2006 00:53

I'm probably going over to Japan the end of the year, and hopefully will spend a day or two in Tokyo. Does anyone have any tips for the best places in Shinjuku to pick up a few boots? I would like to grab a few Stones, Zeppelin and Moon-era Who CDs if possible.

BTW I'm interested in the Stones' Wembley Arena show from September 13th, 2003. Does anyone have this? If so, maybe we could work something out if you drop me a mail...I have only ever seen it bundled with the show from two days later in a 4 CD set...I'm only really interested in the first of these!

Lee ( LMatth8461@aol.com )

Re: Bootleg shops in Tokyo
Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: August 21, 2006 01:21

I don't like bootleg shops at all... so expensive. Downloading's much better!

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 21, 2006 01:38

Tokyo/Kyoto are expensive places for bootlegs. 5000 yen is not an exception.
Small towns are better.
But anyway it is policy here to not post addresses of bootleg shops.
There is a user "kees" on this forum. He knows Tokyo fairly well I think. Maybe you can get a hold of "drbryant" as well. These people know.
But as Lizard says. Do some torrenting and you'll have it all for free.

Date: August 21, 2006 01:39

Well, by and large I agree with you, there are just a select few I fancy.
I managed to restrain myself to just one Zeppelin bootleg last time I was there, while faced with about 200 on offer. Can't remember the name of the shop now!

I've been looking for this Wembley gig for a while, never come across a torrent of it yet. I started downloading the Saitama DVD, but that just dried up at 10%, and doesn't seem to have any seeders. If anyone has any pointers...

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 21, 2006 01:42

Found this on the Net

Tokyo: Shinjuku West Side is the place to go, although there are bootleg shops right across the city. Once you have located one, you can purchase a Japanese bootleg magazine, which will list hundreds of the shops. In Shinjuku West Side, you will find PopBeat and CD Shop Gold (near T-Zone), and carry on walking around the area to find a third one, the name of which I forget, which is very cheap [average priceY2000 ($18ish)].

[www.livenirvana.com]

Date: August 21, 2006 01:45

Thanks for the info Nicos!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1265
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home