Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Waiting On A Friend Video Shoot
Posted by: Tully ()
Date: July 22, 2006 15:58

I always wondered, when this video first came out, it sounded normal, but now when I see it, like the example on youtube above, the audio sounds like it's coming out of a tin can, or some echo was added. Kinda bugs me. Wonder what happened...

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 22, 2006 19:03

Walkin with a friend

Posted by: 12X5 ()
Date: July 22, 2006 19:48

Cool pictures on this thread. Waiting on a Friend is one of my favorite videos, so unprententious and cool, just a bunch of friends hanging out at a bar. Best song on Tattoo You! Nice shot of the glimmers walking together, kind of heartwarming in a way.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 22, 2006 19:54

Its such a sweet fine angel of a song...never get tired of it the vid is cool to!!!

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: July 22, 2006 20:30

It's really a song that stands out on Tattoo You. It's a very easygoing song, but it's able to reach a depth that speaks about friendship - what a better way to show the song than with the Boys just hangin' out being the boys. It reminds me a lot of my own friends

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 22, 2006 20:33

It is East Village not Greenwich Village, right?

Bjornulf

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 22, 2006 21:15

Posted by: Dear Doctor ()
Date: July 22, 2006 22:30

I still have the newspaper clipping from the ny post I believe, had some photos not shown I believe, I would have to dig it out of the archives

the bar shown remained the same until @95 I believe, used to have a nice mural of the stones in it,then it became some trendy techno shithole and I never went near the insides again

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: July 23, 2006 00:11

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is East Village not Greenwich Village, right?

Yes BV, East Village. I think the area is called St. Mark's Place but it's been a long time for me so maybe a native NY'er can be more specific. I remember it being a rough neighbourhood. I would not stick around once the sun starts going down. I know I left before night time (but it might have changed) MB

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 23, 2006 00:19

The street is St. Mark's Place and the number is 96. That where Mick is waiting for Keith in the video. Not that bad area really. At least not before midnight. I go there every time I am in NYC. Love the French style cafe's and being back where they made the Waiting On A Friend video of course.

Details:
The place where the Stones shot the "Waiting On A
Friend" video is at the corner of St. Mark's Place
(which is actually East 8th Street in the East
Village) and First Avenue, at a tiny bar called the
St. Mark's Bar & Grill, which is still there, though
the exterior is different from what it was back then.
Now it is called Tribe. That's where the action of
the video takes place. Later that night the
Stones performed at the St. Mark's Bar & Grill.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: July 23, 2006 00:30

Well I remember it was really great going to the tiny bar and, looking at that newspaper shot a bit above, sitting exactly where Ronnie is. The ownwer was very friendly and enjoyed talking about it (but this was early 80's - maybe he got burnt out later). He should have changed the name to "Waiting on A Friend" bar and maybe he'd still be there. I think there's 2 versions of the video, no? Long/Short Version. The Long version the band goes in the back and gets ready to play. Is there a boot video of them playing live? Great song from a great album.....

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1819
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home