Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith and a strange guitar
Posted by: FP ()
Date: July 28, 2016 18:33

Anyone know what type of guitar this is Keith is playing in this picture?

[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-28 18:34 by FP.

Re: Keith and a strange guitar
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 28, 2016 18:36

That's one of the 5-string custom jobs Ted Newman-Jones (love & light to him) made for Keith.
He used them pretty frequently in 1973. If you search "Ratbag Boogie" on this site,
you'll find an index to the threads about guitars. The ones made by Ted Newman-Jones
are in one called "customs and oddballs" or something like that. Have fun!

Date: July 28, 2016 18:38

Here's the Ratbag Boogie index: [www.iorr.org]
The thread that includes this guitar is "Custom Jobs and Other Oddities"
Enjoy

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: July 29, 2016 00:04

Smile: Thanks for that link! :E

I've always wondered what's that guitar he had at Knebworth '79, and now I know... cheers.

(btw, longest HTW intro ever? [www.youtube.com])

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-29 00:06 by Milan.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 31, 2016 18:04

with sssoul
That's one of the 5-string custom jobs Ted Newman-Jones (love & light to him) made for Keith.
He used them pretty frequently in 1973. If you search "Ratbag Boogie" on this site,
you'll find an index to the threads about guitars. The ones made by Ted Newman-Jones

Soul, I have a hundred or so close up pics of the guitar form the exhibition. If you want them, shoot me a private email and I will wetransfer them to you.

Mathijs

Posted by: FP ()
Date: August 1, 2016 18:59

with sssoul

Thanks for this, will check it out!

Date: August 2, 2016 15:06

Mathijs
with sssoul

Soul, I have a hundred or so close up pics of the guitar form the exhibition. If you want them, shoot me a private email and I will wetransfer them to you.

Mathijs

I'd love to see those pics! I always thought that guitar with the ampeg amps had the meanest tone Keith ever had! I am a little technology difficient this fine morning and couldn't find the PM option. My username is my email. One of these days I gotta fix that.

Thanks
Craig.

Date: August 2, 2016 21:35

Mathijs

Mathijs

Thank you Mathijs - I'll be right with you :E

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home