Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Question about quitting the Stones
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 28, 2016 20:14

Didn't they consider continuing without Charlie when he was diagnosed with cancer in 2004? At least in the studio, with Mick playing drums.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 28, 2016 20:26

its all a question of timing, like when charlie left the band. if brian hadnt left and had continued the way he was in the mid 60,s but charlie left in the late 60,s then im sure the stones would have rolled on with ease having replaced him.

the stones have only ever really had one replacement in their history.

5 official members, one leaving then replaced, represents one position replaced and even though that position was replaced again 5 years later, it was only one position within the band, then bill left but officially wasnt replaced.

so the stones survived one position within the band being replaced, and in my opinion couldnt survive 2. so charlie cant be replaced now, keith and mick deffo never, but ronnie could using my theory.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 29, 2016 11:16

To most non-fans, Mick Jagger is the Rolling Stones.

To the slightly more interested onlooker. Mick & Keith are the Rolling Stones.

To many "old school" fans, Mick, Keith & Charlie are all required for the band to be the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 29, 2016 11:50

HMS
If Charlie had left the Stones instead of Bill in the early 90s they of course had hired another drummer just like they hired Darryl. Charlie can be replaced, Ronnie can be replaced, Keith... no he cant. Mick of course can never be replaced. No Stones without Mick, like no smoke without fire.

But Charlie... yes he can be replaced by some copycat. THE WHO even replaced Keith Moon (hard to believe).

I always agree with HMS, but not this time. Another CR? Not possible.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home