Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: Mick Jagger to Be a Dad Again at Age 72
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 17, 2016 01:21

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-17 21:37 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 17, 2016 01:34

You can agree / disagree about becoming a father at the age of 73.

But, let's not insult Mick Jagger.

When you marry / date a personality like Mick, you will be exposed to these things. You get the fame, money etc - but you also get the uncertainty. Mick being a womanizer is no news. Once a womanizer, always a womanizer, so take it as it is. Just like Bill Clinton etc.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 17, 2016 01:38

Would Mick's autobiography be titled Bedspring Symphony?

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: July 17, 2016 01:46

emotionalbarbecue
I read most of the posts and I'not able to distinguish the genre of the poster. But it would be interesting to know what women think about this.
That is to say.. I'd like to read an explanation by a woman of what would attract to a girl in her twenties to a 72 years old man.

MONEY!!!! grinning smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 17, 2016 01:46

mtaylor
You can agree / disagree about becoming a father at the age of 73.

But, let's not insult Mick Jagger.

When you marry / date a personality like Mick, you will be exposed to these things. You get the fame, money etc - but you also get the uncertainty. Mick being a womanizer is no news. Once a womanizer, always a womanizer, so take it as it is. Just like Bill Clinton etc.

Well not totally true.
Actor Warren Beatty and musician Eric Clapton had pretty lively love lives before they 'settled down' in their 50s.
With 3 or 4 children respectively they seem to have put the past behind them.
Likewise Rod Stewart.

Honestly I couldn't care less. I'm a fan of Stones music, the product,not them as people.
The actor Peter Sellers was a complete ass hole in many respects but was a huge talent, I loved his work on the Goon shows and then records and of course films. But as a person? Forget it.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 17, 2016 02:30

Such jeremiads! "Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo." — H.G. Wells. You go, Mick. (What are rock stars supposed to be, if not louche roués??)

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 17, 2016 04:45

stonesrule
So many righteous posters here.

Are you all leaving IORR?

Because Mick got laid?
As for the ? to gals about what attracts a twenty something to 72
IT'S MICK JAGGER.
Notice the press saying it happened after a concert
Of course LOL
He owns the world after a show.
Let's see it again Mick!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 17, 2016 10:47

The title of this thread freaks me out every time I see it. Almost looks like he's dead at 72. I fear this quite often. Sure is much better news that he's having another kid. The word Father instead of Dad would have worked better for me.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: July 17, 2016 10:57

BILLPERKS
Public figures lives are public. Act accordingly.

In case: Mick Jagger as a public figure has not violated the rumour of being a Rolling Stone.

Date: July 17, 2016 13:24

stonesrule
I'm told that a noted UK tabloid reporter is doing a 500 page book, with
shocking photos, on the drug habits of The Rolling Stones

That ought to please most of the posters of this thread. Keith and Ronnie
are prominently featured.

Good for the thread - "Pictures of Rolling Stones members with other famous people" smileys with beer

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: July 17, 2016 14:00

Ordre du temple solaire - season 2

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 17, 2016 15:34

35love
As for the ? to gals about what attracts a twenty something to 72
IT'S MICK JAGGER.

Yeah baby!
I'm a Keithbabe with all my heart, sssoul and other parts, but even I understand that! smileys with beer

lem motlow
this isn't a "72 year old man" as i've seen him described in the media,this is mick fckng jagger.
the finger wagging public needs to know-he didn't give a shit what you thought in the past and he doesn't now.

Absolutely - as I've always said, the Rolling Stones get everyone's goat sooner or later. It's a gift they have.
Would you let your sister go with one? Well, would you? (I would!) :E

I love the Rolling Stones - and I mean exactly the Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-17 16:30 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 17, 2016 16:45

On a positive note: Maybe this makes Bill Wymans love life look a little more average?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 17, 2016 17:37

I'm surprised that BV is allowing this tasteless thread to continue.

All Mick Jagger owes Rolling Stones fans is a good performance.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 17, 2016 19:39

I am a pro-choice person so I respect what folks decide to do with their bodies; having said that, if Mick did not want to bring another child into the world, he could present the option to her of NOT having it. If Melanie was stubborn and went against his wishes ( assuming he did not want it) it would be her choice. This is not 1950 where most pregnancies resulted in a baby! They BOTH must be OK with it.
As far as the age difference goes, she seems to be intelligent and Mick can converse on ALL levels with ALL ages so I don't see age as being a factor. I personally would not have a problem going with a much older man, especially one as worldly as Mick. I would find men my old age boring and childish. I doubt he'll get married, and I bet she already knew that! Bottom line, it's HIS LIFE and he surely does not need our approval. Dirty old man? HARDLY! Just a lover of women.....and we LOVE HIM RIGHT BACK! End of story.winking smiley

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 17, 2016 22:52

Why is this all on Mick? For all we know, Melanie Hamrick wanted to have a child and made her best choice of a father for her child with regard to genetic potential and resources.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 17, 2016 22:52

I wouldn't want to bracket Mick in the same breath as Pablo Picasso, but certainly their personal /love lives have similarities. Of course Pablo was still creating new works and styles well into his 80's (not all well received by the critics of course).
Mick on the other hand seems to have mainly lost his creative impulses by the time he reached 40.
He leads a full life in every sense of the word, so its even more of a let down when you look at the quality of his lyric writing in the last 25 or so years.
Macca is the same.
Still, one can live in hope (or die in despair).

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 18, 2016 03:30

jloew...Two very different situations. Not an accurate analogy.

Don't ask me how I know this but I spent a great deal of time in France as a young girl.

If you want to make a list of famous movie stars, athletes etc. it would be a long one. Fame apparently is an aphrodisiac for many men and women, including
many of the posters here.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 18, 2016 06:03

P.S and I totally agree with BV. What's up with the Mick bashing? Did anyone get into bashing Ronnie when his wife had twins? ( If they did, that was rotten to!). Stones fans that bash Mick over a decision he's made in his PRIVATE LIFE are not much of a fan or supporter of the Stones.angry smiley

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: July 18, 2016 07:21

mickschix
I am a pro-choice person so I respect what folks decide to do with their bodies; having said that, if Mick did not want to bring another child into the world, he could present the option to her of NOT having it. If Melanie was stubborn and went against his wishes ( assuming he did not want it) it would be her choice. This is not 1950 where most pregnancies resulted in a baby! They BOTH must be OK with it.
As far as the age difference goes, she seems to be intelligent and Mick can converse on ALL levels with ALL ages so I don't see age as being a factor. I personally would not have a problem going with a much older man, especially one as worldly as Mick. I would find men my old age boring and childish. I doubt he'll get married, and I bet she already knew that! Bottom line, it's HIS LIFE and he surely does not need our approval. Dirty old man? HARDLY! Just a lover of women.....and we LOVE HIM RIGHT BACK! End of story.winking smiley

Yeah. Congratulations to Mick and Melanie. smiling smiley

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: July 18, 2016 12:33

mickschix
P.S and I totally agree with BV. What's up with the Mick bashing? Did anyone get into bashing Ronnie when his wife had twins? ( If they did, that was rotten to!). Stones fans that bash Mick over a decision he's made in his PRIVATE LIFE are not much of a fan or supporter of the Stones.angry smiley

It's not specially against Jagger but the fact to have a child at 73 or more. OK he will be happy, he'll think he will be young again and forever, but what about the child, do these people have an idea the childhood he'll get (except to be rich at his birthday), with a very very old father when his friends got young ones. You talk always about JAGGER but nothing about the children. Children are the life, Jagger belongs to the past now. Me too somewhere I am living in the past because I listen stones music every day but but only from 60s, 70s and early 80s.smoking smiley

Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: July 18, 2016 13:32

I don´t know, what this discussion is about. It´s Mick´s personal life. Period.

Priest

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 18, 2016 14:48

All the women go crazy for the Early Roman Kings.

Date: July 18, 2016 15:05

I don't get this moralism. Sir Michael is celebrity number one in the rock and roll world. The drawbacks with being a celebrity is that parts of your personal life also is public. That's part of the deal.
We weren't supposed to talk about President Clinton and Ms Lewinsky also? Just shut up about it? This is news stuff. Every newspaper around the world (almost) has written about it.
It's out in the open whether we shuts up about it or not.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 18, 2016 15:40

He can plant his seeds where or when he wants to, he doesnt have to ask his fans. This newborn will have a better start to life than most, I dont see the problem or the "scandal". Yes, he is "old" but I bet he will live at least up to 99 years (and in good condition). And I dont see a "generation gap", since Mick is young at heart and Melanie isnt a teenager anymore, she´ll be 30 at the time when the baby arrives. Good luck to all of them.

Date: July 18, 2016 16:03

Let's hope he will leave the Rolling Stones fans deciding the name of the kid.

Like a web-request, where he can suggest 5 names and the most popular will be the selected name.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 18, 2016 16:16

To judge. How easy it is for some to judge fellow humans. Jagger is free to be who he wants, to love who he wants and to sire children whenever he wants. His mate is with him and that is their choice and their love. Who are we, or anyone, to judge someone else if they are not harming anyone. Jagger has led this band to the outer limits of what was once thought as a young man's job, a rock n' roll star. And why not have a child? Congrats to the couple!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 18, 2016 16:56

Mick has been possessed by the evil influence of Jeff Goldblum. >grinning smiley< (who became a Dad at 66).

Seriously Mick's proven he's a good loving father, so what's the problem?

Unless he decides to write songs for the newborn. Dylan had done this in 1990 and he "penned" "Wiggle Wiggle" :
[www.youtube.com]

Yuck!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 18, 2016 17:02

dcba
...Unless he decides to write songs for the newborn...

Already in the bag!

Date: July 18, 2016 17:11

I must say I do begin to understand the reasons behind the split up of the band in the 80s and the fall out between Jagger and Richards. Richards writes about this in "Life".
I understand now what it is he was talking about. Jagger and Richards chose different lifestyles in the 80s and forward. Which drove them apart.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1574
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home