Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

YCAGWYW -- verrrrrrrryyyy sllllowwwwwlllllllyyyy
Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: June 9, 2016 21:41

Enjoy!

[www.youtube.com]

Drew

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-09 21:43 by drewmaster.

Re: YCAGWYW -- verrrrrrrryyyy sllllowwwwwlllllllyyyy
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: June 9, 2016 23:33

Well.....that's interesting but I couldn't get through more than a few seconds!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 9, 2016 23:47

awful un-listenable & kinda very stupid. (NOT Drew but the vid.)
I would wonder why anybody would even conceive of such nonsense. Whoever posted this on youtube should be forced to listen to Metal Machine Music 800 times slower in full, all four sides. tied to a chair. forever.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 9, 2016 23:57

Maybe we should try out to speed up some Gregorian songs 800 times and see if there is a hit between them ............. grinning smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 10, 2016 04:31

Sounds beautiful to me, better than the song at normal speed. smoking smiley

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 10, 2016 10:31

I've gone through a couple of passages, just out of interest. What strikes me the most,
is the way Mick sings. In about every syllable he sings, he changes the tone, somewhat
sliding towards the "right" note. Of course you can hear that also at normal speed,
but slowed down, you can hear him sometimes coming from below, reaching above and then
turning back a bit to what would be considered the correct tone. One could call that
a way of "searching" for the key, but I think it's just what makes Mick's singing unique.
Not polished, but straight from the soul.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: June 10, 2016 11:17

marcovandereijk
I've gone through a couple of passages, just out of interest. What strikes me the most,
is the way Mick sings. In about every syllable he sings, he changes the tone, somewhat
sliding towards the "right" note. Of course you can hear that also at normal speed,
but slowed down, you can hear him sometimes coming from below, reaching above and then
turning back a bit to what would be considered the correct tone. One could call that
a way of "searching" for the key, but I think it's just what makes Mick's singing unique.
Not polished, but straight from the soul.

I think it's a technique coming from the Blues. The "blue note" and all that. Muddy Waters, for one, always seems to arrive at the note "coming from above".

By the way, I love the clip. It's great when you're at work with headphones on and you want to drown out office sounds, and at the same time stay focussed.

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: June 10, 2016 11:27

Listened to it 3 times in a row now. It's so relaxing. Can't stop now. I think I go for another two listens.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: June 10, 2016 11:50

What a fool you must be to put this on you tube???
greets,

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: June 10, 2016 12:02

Why a fool? You don't like it, don't listen to it. That's the internet, there is something for everyone.
I like it. It's a silly thing to do maybe, but the effect is rather nice, and it works for me. Not at home, not at a party, but it's great for some environmental sound instead of hearing your colleague sniffing his nose. Normally I listen to Tibetan monks or artificial rain and wave sounds.
I could of course listen to Exile on Main Street or Tattoo You but then I would be dancing in my chair, and apart from the suprised looks, I think I would end up writing bad code.
And it really is kinda cool hearing the original song (the climax, the choir, the break, Mick's way of singing) but so much slower.
You should investigate "People Like Us/Vicki Bennett" with her sound-collages, but take care of your heart.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: June 10, 2016 14:08

NICOS
Maybe we should try out to speed up some Gregorian songs 800 times and see if there is a hit between them ............. grinning smiley

Brilliant, Nicos!smiling bouncing smiley

Drew

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 10, 2016 17:03

wow, that´s pretty mesmerising!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 10, 2016 20:46

I like the experiment...........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home