Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Selected Compilations-Talk: Collector's Only
Date: May 27, 2016 11:03

Collector's Only

Label: Decca
Format: Vinyl, LP, Compilation
Released: 1980

Tracklist:

I Want To Be Loved
Fortune Teller
Poison Ivy
I've Been Loving You Too Long
Con Le Mie Lacrime
Memo From Turner
You Can't Always Get What You Want
We Want The Stones (live)
Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (live)
Pain In My Heart (live)
Route 66 (live)
I'm Moving On (live)
I'm Alright (live)
Get Off Of My Cloud (live)
Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (demo)

What are your thoughts on this compilation?.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-27 11:42 by DandelionPowderman.

Re: Selected Compilations-Talk: Collector's Only
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 27, 2016 11:25

I thought it was about the 1990 CD compilation... smiling smiley I don't know this one.
Is I've Been Loving You Too Long the original studio cut? Or the overdubbed version from the Got Live If You Want It US LP?

Date: May 27, 2016 11:34

kowalski
I thought it was about the 1990 CD compilation... smiling smiley I don't know this one.
Is I've Been Loving You Too Long the original studio cut? Or the overdubbed version from the Got Live If You Want It US LP?

Fortune Teller and I've Been Loving You Too Long are the studio cuts (without the fake audience screaming).

As far as I remember the YCAGWYW mono version, without the choir, is the one included here as well.

The B-side is the Got Live-EP + Get Off Of My Cloud from the Got Live LP. The ENSTL-version is the short «demo»-version.

I think this compilation has a lovely selection of songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-27 11:35 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 27, 2016 11:35

Never heard about this one. According to the LP credits, one of the versions of Everybody Needs Somebody to Love is a demo recording. Is that correct?

Nice photo cover, btw. thumbs up

Date: May 27, 2016 11:37

Cristiano Radtke
Never heard about this one. According to the LP credits, one of the versions of Everybody Needs Somebody to Love is a demo recording. Is that correct?

Re the debate we had here, whether there were three versions of ENSTL, this is the short version - the one they cut live as a demo (but eventually wound up on some versions of NOW etc.).

Date: May 27, 2016 11:37

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 27, 2016 11:44

DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke

Re the debate we had here, whether there were three versions of ENSTL, this is the short version - the one they cut live as a demo (but eventually wound up on some versions of NOW etc.).

Thanks for clarifying that, Dandy! thumbs up

It has a nice tracklist indeed, although I think it's somehow strange to have two versions of the same song on a single compilation. Perhaps the studio version of ENSTL was included because the live version it's very short?

Date: May 27, 2016 11:51

Yeah, it's the very short opening version on the Got Live-EP, so that might be why.

I think the thought behind this release was to display rather rare/obscure tracks (early B-sides, mono versions, Jagger solo-tunes, fake live versions without audience noise, italian ATGB, mono YCAGWYW etc.). I think that hit home nicely. It's great to have an album where stuff like that is compiled, back to back with the live EP, imo. And the sound is great.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 27, 2016 12:02

Interesting.
Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 27, 2016 16:02

DandelionPowderman
Fortune Teller and I've Been Loving You Too Long are the studio cuts (without the fake audience screaming).

As far as I remember the YCAGWYW mono version, without the choir, is the one included here as well.

The B-side is the Got Live-EP + Get Off Of My Cloud from the Got Live LP. The ENSTL-version is the short «demo»-version...

This one was a gold mine to me back then. I still was missing many rarities at the time, such as I Want To Be Loved, I've Been Loving You, and the Got Live EP. I was able to fill a huge void w/ one purchase!

I don't remember which Poison Ivy is included in this one, but I think it was different than the only one i had at the time, from More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 27, 2016 16:25

DandelionPowderman
kowalski

The B-side is the Got Live-EP + Get Off Of My Cloud from the Got Live LP. The ENSTL-version is the short «demo»-version.

I think this compilation has a lovely selection of songs.

Yes, it looks like a very nice compilation of rarities.

Also I thought the 2002 reissue of More Hot Rocks was the first compilation to feature the original studio version of I've Been Loving you too long...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-27 16:49 by kowalski.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 27, 2016 22:04

This is probably the first rarity record...........although I never saw it before I would probably bought it back then....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home