Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Track Talk: Worried About You (New)
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 24, 2016 14:57

Love the song. And I believe it may be the only Stones track that I ever heard before it was released, as the demo version is on the Black & Blue Sessions bootleg, which I bought probably about a month before Tattoo You came out.

(Can't remember if I owned bootleg version of So Young before it was released, so that is another possible track I heard beforehand)

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 24, 2016 15:05

DandelionPowderman
Let's get one thing straight here (and I don't mind jokes or being funny at all, mind you). What I commented on was this statement:

«correct me if I’m wrong, no girlie singing (meaning falsetto - my comment) since Tattoo You»

Well, here's the correction.

And Marco, the lead vocal is also singing falsetto in places on FOB.

There are more falsetto singing on the track, but I didn't have time to mash everything together smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Yes, that are definitely examples of falsetto. And it almost proves Swayed's point in a way: Feel On Baby is one of the best songs on Undercover, as is Tie You Up (Pain of Love) (which has falsetto too, I just checked). So, maybe falsetto really is the way to go.

Date: May 24, 2016 15:12

I don't disagree with his point, either.

However, Winning Ugly also has falsetto...

Date: May 24, 2016 15:29

DandelionPowderman
I don't disagree with his point, either.

However, Winning Ugly also has falsetto...

Well, it's actually the least bad song of the bad songs on DW, but I see your point. Does Sweet Neocon have falsetto? I really don't want to check.

Date: May 24, 2016 15:40

Keys To Your Love also has falsetto, and I actually like that tune. For me, it's a nice soul tune, with great singing from Mick and lovely subtle playing from Keith thumbs up

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: May 24, 2016 15:56

Biggest Mistake is falsetto-ish at the beginning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-24 15:58 by Sipuncula.

Date: May 24, 2016 15:57

Undercover (Of The Night) also has falsetto.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 24, 2016 16:49

Title5Take1
GasLightStreet
Title5Take1
I'm only aware of one Worried About You (non-live) official release. Where are these others from?

They are most likely all the same take, just with different overdubs and rough mixes done for listening.

The Virgin release of WANNA HOLD YOU has an extra couplet the Atlantic release didn't have ("...an offer you can't refuse.") Is this like that? Anyone, anyone?

That's just a different edit.

Date: May 24, 2016 16:55

DandelionPowderman

What about Undercover Of The Night?

Ha ha.

You are correct that the songs you've mentioned (although I can not speak for that shitty Winning Ugly since it's DELETED from my music player) have falsetto in them but I thought you were meaning as the lead vocal ie Emotional Rescue and Worried About You.

The only song that comes to mind that he's done a lead vocal with falsetto since Worried About You is Sweet Thing.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 24, 2016 19:18

35love
Paulhanrahan
Brilliant song - marvellous rendition Perth #1 14 On Fire!

This is the first show after L'wrens death, correct? Personally, I did not care for this 'Worried'. It almost seemed like MJ chose to sing this song to prove something; that he could do it. It seemed tough for him, and Keith and Ronnie seemed worried (pun). Struggle and a push. Plus he looked too thin.
Much prefer healthy sassy feeling good Jagger.

I am amending my slight critique of Perth #1 2014 live version of
'Worried About You' (can't post a link, not available USA)
I wrote MJ looked 'too thin' not true, as the first show of these mini tours finds Jagger beefed up from training (like)
It was 'too vulnerable'
As for falsetto after 'Tattoo You'
eh, sorry to say, it hasn't moved me.
'Laugh I Nearly Died' moved me for a night first time thru,
but I don't go back to anything 'newly written and recorded studio' from RS for more listens with the exception of 'Plundered'

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: May 24, 2016 19:33

I never liked that tune. It just didn't move me at all.

Date: May 24, 2016 21:20

The first show after L'Wren's death was in Oslo. Worried About You was played there as well.

Date: May 25, 2016 00:18

DandelionPowderman
The first show after L'Wren's death was in Oslo. Worried About You was played there as well.

Well shoot now I feel, not so smart. perhaps I should utilize my new passport
Oslo 2014 worried about you
[youtu.be]

And my review of it stays the same, even if you were in the audience ;-)
And he was too thin. No good food there? ;-).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-25 00:21 by 35love.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: May 25, 2016 00:57

35love

[youtu.be]

Blimey. Do you realize how confident a man has to be in his own skin, to get up in front of tens of thousands of people and sing falsetto? I don't know of too many other rock stars who have done that. Can't think of any at the moment, in fact.

Drew

Date: May 25, 2016 01:24

Apparently, it's easy for some.. Prince and Curtis Mayfield come to mind.

Date: May 25, 2016 04:15

drewmaster
35love

[youtu.be]

Blimey. Do you realize how confident a man has to be in his own skin, to get up in front of tens of thousands of people and sing falsetto? I don't know of too many other rock stars who have done that. Can't think of any at the moment, in fact.

Drew

RIGHT. Exactly. Jagger is King. And Drew, you are a true wordsmith.

Date: May 25, 2016 10:01

Mick looked a bit worn out after the tragedy, but who wouldn't??

What a trooper he is, and what a performance he gave in Oslo! Without him, the show would have been below mediocre. He saved it, and he was obviously ready to get his mind occupied with live music thumbs up

Date: May 25, 2016 11:21

drewmaster
35love

[youtu.be]

Drew

Actually, I think singing falsetto is much easier than singing high notes with a normal voice (which is a completely different technique).

Date: May 25, 2016 11:42

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman

Ha ha.

You are correct that the songs you've mentioned (although I can not speak for that shitty Winning Ugly since it's DELETED from my music player) have falsetto in them but I thought you were meaning as the lead vocal ie Emotional Rescue and Worried About You.

The only song that comes to mind that he's done a lead vocal with falsetto since Worried About You is Sweet Thing.

He he, I don't know why I thought there was a paranthesis in that one grinning smiley

No songs have a lead vocal all the way with falsetto. Both Biggest Mistake and Keys To Your Love start with falsetto, though?

Date: May 25, 2016 12:14

It is more than merely singing falsetto. He hollers, laments, shrills in it, too.
Takes it up and down with range and force.
I'm going to stop gushing about Jagger here.
(I'll save it for 'Totally Stripped')
'Worried About You'
just might be my favorite song of all time.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: May 25, 2016 15:01

@35love

Thank you so much for the kind words; you made me blush! winking smiley

Drew

Date: May 25, 2016 20:35

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman

Ha ha.

He he, I don't know why I thought there was a paranthesis in that one grinning smiley

No songs have a lead vocal all the way with falsetto. Both Biggest Mistake and Keys To Your Love start with falsetto, though?

True, but ER and WAY are the only 2 Stones songs that feature falsetto as the lead vocal.

Yeah, those woo's in Biggest Mistake... Keys To Your Love. You mean that garbage from FORTY LICKS? I refuse to listen to that song (and the other one, whatever it's called). But yes, it has falsetto.

The bizarrely parenthetical Undercover (Of The Night) is from the sheet music, and if you look at it right it says Under Cover (Of The Night).

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: May 25, 2016 22:35

What???????????
Keys To Your Love "garbage"?????

It´s great and Mick´s vocals are outstanding. A marvelous souly track I love to listen to.

Edit: The other song you do not remember must be "Stealing My Heart". Just listened to it - very good song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-25 22:54 by HMS.

Date: May 26, 2016 00:24

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman

Ha ha.

True, but ER and WAY are the only 2 Stones songs that feature falsetto as the lead vocal.

Yeah, those woo's in Biggest Mistake... Keys To Your Love. You mean that garbage from FORTY LICKS? I refuse to listen to that song (and the other one, whatever it's called). But yes, it has falsetto.

The bizarrely parenthetical Undercover (Of The Night) is from the sheet music, and if you look at it right it says Under Cover (Of The Night).

I knew I'd seen it somewhere smiling smiley

What's garbage about KTYL, btw? I like it!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 26, 2016 11:46

What does "done up in lace done up in rubber" mean?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-26 11:53 by Turner68.

Date: May 26, 2016 11:48

Turner68
What does "done up in made done up in rubber" mean?

Duct tape or lingerine? winking smiley

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 26, 2016 11:55

DandelionPowderman
Turner68
What does "done up in made done up in rubber" mean?

Duct tape or lingerine? winking smiley

Ah see you knew what I meant despite my fat thumbs typing wrong.... Nicely done. So this is the thread for discussing "undercover"? I like the new approach of disguising topics by giving them titles unrelated to the discussion ;-)

Date: May 26, 2016 11:59

He he

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 26, 2016 18:51

drewmaster
35love

[youtu.be]

Drew

Brian Wilson? eye popping smiley

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: May 26, 2016 19:05

Forget about listing other Stones songs with falsetto. Worried about you is dominated by it and it ruins the song. There was no reason for it.

Why would I want to hear a man sing like a little girl.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-26 19:07 by stanlove.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home