Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: so fun video !!
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 28, 2016 11:03

Edith Grove was THE memorable place, so it's inevitable that in the fallible human memory, all the important early things feel like they happened there, and not in some other less memorable location that did have a phone. Just like all the really good quotes eventually get attributed to Oscar Wilde or George Carlin - if they didn't actually say it, then they should have done!

Very fun video, indeed. I'm off to watch it again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-28 11:03 by Green Lady.

Date: April 28, 2016 13:55

Great to see the two of them chatting like that, there may be more to be released by rollingstones.com as and when Exhibitionism needs a shot in the arm.....as it were....to boost ticket sales. It makes me wonder what the present owners/residents of the Edith Grove flat make of it all if indeed they know or care about the history. Hopefully the carpet has been replaced! The exterior of the building has hardly changed.

Date: April 29, 2016 18:38

Manofwealthandtaste
Great to see the two of them chatting like that, there may be more to be released by rollingstones.com as and when Exhibitionism needs a shot in the arm.....as it were....to boost ticket sales. It makes me wonder what the present owners/residents of the Edith Grove flat make of it all if indeed they know or care about the history. Hopefully the carpet has been replaced! The exterior of the building has hardly changed.

One thing I will never know, is how they would be chatting without a camera there. It could be that they don't talk at all, totally cold. Or that they are great, warm buddies, and it is the camera that actually slows them down a bit.
Let's say - it is nowadays, and Mick for some reason has to come over to Keith's house. NO bodyguards, cameras, secretaries, kids - it's just Keith opening the door, and Mick walks in. What are the dynamics? What goes on?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 29, 2016 22:16

Keith opening the door, and Mick walks in. What are the dynamics? What goes on?

[www.youtube.com]

XFX

ROCKMAN

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 1, 2016 12:37

Deltics
with sssoul
It is very sweet ... but they had no phone in that flat, so the LP they got their name from
must have been on the floor of the phone box that Brian made the call from :E

Not only is it highly unlikely that there was a phone there, but the band was christened before they moved into Edith Grove anyway.
They played the first gig at the Marquee on July 12 1962 but didn't move into Edith Grove until September. Brian Jones was still living in Powis Square in July.

Wow, that "guitar, leader" and "with Mick Jagger" is so telling.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1710
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home