Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: LIVE ALBUM TALK: Sticky Fingers Live
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 23, 2016 09:44

24FPS
I'm still waiting for the DVD to hear it in Blu Ray sound.

thumbs up thumbs up

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 23, 2016 18:15

Moonlight mile
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 23, 2016 18:30

24FPS
LeonidP
24FPS
I think they must have concentrate on I Got The Blues. Absolutely NONE of the takes on the Marquee DVD are good of that particular song.

Totally disagree, love the Marquee takes ... but also love Sticky Live, if only for the reason for nice live versions of songs they don't play that often:

Sway
Wild Horses
Sister Morphine
You Gotta Move
I Got the Blues
Moonlight Mile

Leonid, have you listened to the various I Got The Blues takes on Marquee? Jagger screws up every vocal. He starts too high or something and it's just not there when he needs it. It seems pretty obvious too. In fact Jagger in past interviews mentioned having problems with that particular song.

Jagger screws up vocals often, so what? They're great tunes and the quality on Marquee is great.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 23, 2016 18:31

geordiestone
LeonidP
24FPS
I think they must have concentrate on I Got The Blues. Absolutely NONE of the takes on the Marquee DVD are good of that particular song.

Totally disagree, love the Marquee takes ... but also love Sticky Live, if only for the reason for nice live versions of songs they don't play that often:

Sway
Wild Horses
Sister Morphine
You Gotta Move
I Got the Blues
Moonlight Mile
They don't play Wild Horses that often? ehh, they do, very often.

They do, eh? ... umm no, compare it to how often Bitch or Brown Sugar is played ... not even in the same ballpark

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 23, 2016 18:48

LeonidP
Jagger screws up vocals often, so what? They're great tunes and the quality on Marquee is great.

thumbs up

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: June 13, 2016 15:38

I had become a bit jaded towards modern day live releases from the Stones so I just now decided to buy SFL, and damn - it is good! Sister Morphine is downright harrowing! Great performance from the "mature" Stones....More energy than we have a right to expect at this late stage of the game.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 13, 2016 15:50

marcovandereijk

Why does Mick never duplicate the melody of Sway correctly?

Mick's never really been into 'duplicate' things...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 13, 2016 15:52

kowalski
24FPS
I'm still waiting for the DVD to hear it in Blu Ray sound.

thumbs up thumbs up

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Date: June 13, 2016 15:55

Indeed it´s damn near fantastic and if it doesnt deserve official release on all available formats than I dont know what. Listen, Stones - thousands and thousands of people want the complete concert to be released finally. Give it to us before most of us are dead and gone. Dont worry we would even pay gladly for it!

Date: June 13, 2016 16:02

HMS
Indeed it´s damn near fantastic and if it doesnt deserve official release on all available formats than I dont know what. Listen, Stones - thousands and thousands of people want the complete concert to be released finally. Give it to us before most of us are dead and gone. Dont worry we would even pay gladly for it!

Yes - I'll bet this would sound great on vinyl...and if the SF songs are this good, the rest of the show must also be great!

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: June 13, 2016 17:23

HMS
It´s an astounding live-album, I hope it will see a physical release soon. Playing and singing is top notch. It makes me wonder if there were overdubs done before releasing it. It´s so damn good!

This album is the right answer for all who thought Sticky Fingers can´t be done on stage without MT participating. By now Ronnie is the better MT.

Bahahahaha

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 13, 2016 18:01

pepganzo
Moonlight mile
[www.youtube.com]

What the hell is up with the mix involving the snare drum? That's bizarre.

I like how Ronnie starts Dead Flowers.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 13, 2016 19:36

Date: June 14, 2016 00:03

Ahhh...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 14, 2016 00:32

I lurv the grind and tension of Sister Morph ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: June 14, 2016 00:46

Great! I want the DVD now!

Date: June 14, 2016 01:11

BamaStone
Great! I want the DVD now!

At this stage in the game, audio is preferable to video, imo. I love Hyde Park Live, but watching the film and seeing how old Keith has gotten is kind of painful. Don't get me wrong; I love that he's still playing but damn, he has aged....

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 14, 2016 01:15

RoughJusticeOnYa
marcovandereijk

Sway is a song that they'll never manage to replicate the magic of live. The depth of emotion in Mick's singing, the way he strains and his voice cracks...he just doesn't sing like that anymore, and without that, the song is kinda dead. Plus Charlie doesn't play with the ferocity necessary, and of course the solo is a MT masterpiece...

Date: June 16, 2016 11:20

Listening to this lately and really enjoying it but I wish Keith was louder in the mix. I mean, I know he's not what he used to be but he's not so bad that they have to bury his playing. What I can hear from him sounds like it deserves to be louder! I like recordings where Keith is in yer face!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-16 11:24 by HonkeyTonkFlash.

Date: June 16, 2016 16:51

keefriff99
RoughJusticeOnYa
marcovandereijk

Sway is a song that they'll never manage to replicate the magic of live. The depth of emotion in Mick's singing, the way he strains and his voice cracks...he just doesn't sing like that anymore, and without that, the song is kinda dead. Plus Charlie doesn't play with the ferocity necessary, and of course the solo is a MT masterpiece...

Sway is one of those songs that when I first saw they were playing it I was geeked.

Then I heard it.

It should be on the DO NOT PLAY LIVE list for the Stones along with Rocks Off, Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker), Respectable and Jumpin' Jack Flash.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 16, 2016 16:55

GasLightStreet
keefriff99
RoughJusticeOnYa
marcovandereijk

Sway is one of those songs that when I first saw they were playing it I was geeked.

Then I heard it.

It should be on the DO NOT PLAY LIVE list for the Stones along with Rocks Off, Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker), Respectable and Jumpin' Jack Flash.

some of their studio stuff are true masterpieces, and just cannot be replicated live. they are simply in a completely different headspace from when they were originally recorded.

Date: June 16, 2016 20:42

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
RoughJusticeOnYa
marcovandereijk

Then I heard it.

some of their studio stuff are true masterpieces, and just cannot be replicated live. they are simply in a completely different headspace from when they were originally recorded.

Jumping Jack Flash used to be one of my favorite live Stones songs, especially from the Ya Ya's era through about 1981. It had punch and vigor. More modern versions don't have the same life to them, although the recent Hyde Park version is not bad...

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: June 16, 2016 23:05

GasLightStreet
pepganzo
Moonlight mile
[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Nothing wrong with the Mix of the snare
It's because of the drum sticks. In german i think it's called paukenschlegel.

Date: June 16, 2016 23:23

deardoctor
GasLightStreet
pepganzo
Moonlight mile
[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Nothing wrong with the Mix of the snare
It's because of the drum sticks. In german i think it's called paukenschlegel.

I believe Charlie's playing with mallets on MM.

Date: June 16, 2016 23:57

HonkeyTonkFlash
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
RoughJusticeOnYa
marcovandereijk

Then I heard it.

Jumping Jack Flash used to be one of my favorite live Stones songs, especially from the Ya Ya's era through about 1981. It had punch and vigor. More modern versions don't have the same life to them, although the recent Hyde Park version is not bad...

Don't forget Glastonbury. That's the best JJF I've heard since 1978 smiling smiley

Date: June 17, 2016 04:47

DandelionPowderman
HonkeyTonkFlash
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
RoughJusticeOnYa
marcovandereijk

Then I heard it.

Don't forget Glastonbury. That's the best JJF I've heard since 1978 smiling smiley

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: June 17, 2016 11:03

...why not a physical release ....????

Date: June 17, 2016 11:42

jp.M
...why not a physical release ....????

Really! This deserves the full physical package!! Digging Dead Flowers very loudly as we speak! I can't believe Ultimate Classic Rock ranked this as something like their 2nd to worst live album of all time; deserves to be up there with their best!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-17 12:05 by HonkeyTonkFlash.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 17, 2016 16:14

There was a lot of buzz about a DVD/Blu-ray release of the whole Fonda Theater show. I am afraid that window may have closed. We just got Totally Stripped, on the horizon it looks like the Cuban concert is coming soon, and there is a new album in the works. By the time there is an opening the "ship of interest" may have sailed for the casual fan. Hope not, I would love to have that show on Blu-ray.

Date: June 17, 2016 16:33

They can stick their Cuba-DVD up the... Who needs another GH-DVD with the same old songs they play over and over again?

The Fonda-Gig would sell more items than a DVD that is in fact very similar to Hyde-Park. The only difference between Hyde-Park and Cuba-show is the location and who cares for the location, it´s about the music and not about a 15-minute-mini-documentary with Havana-footage that accompanies an otherwise totally uninteresting concert. Not even the cubans would buy it, they can´t afford it anyway. So leave this in the can for future FTV-release and give us Sticky Fingers instead.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1661
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home