Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 26
Re: Stones, Dylan and McCartney to play Coachella
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 28, 2016 13:55

bv
Some of the greatest Stones events since 2012 have been festivals like Glastonbury, Roskilde, Rock in Rio Lisbon. Add a few brand new songs from the expected 2016 Stones album and I will be perfectly happy at the fall time Coachella in Southern California. Just keep the fall open, that's all I am saying.
USA,UK or Europe???????
Jeroen

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 28, 2016 16:42

RollingFreak
I understand how people could get excited about this if you've never seen any of them or any of them in awhile. But as someone thats seen all except Dylan, this lineup does nothing for me beyond it being "cool". I would never want to attend this.

That's my feeling as well. If you're a millennial with a fondness for older music, and you've never seen any of these acts before, here's your chance to play catchup and see all of them at once, albeit under less than ideal circumstances. I've already seen all of these people several times. For me to get excited about seeing any of them again, it would probably require circumstances that are the exact opposite of this; like seeing them in a small venue, or having really great seats in a large one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-28 16:45 by tatters.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: April 28, 2016 17:41

different strokes for different folks--while of course it would be better to see them in a small venue, which I have done for most but not all of these acts, I personally think it would be a blast to see this lineup all together in a huge festival type atmosphere--the place will be electric!!--only hoping I can go--to each their own--their is no right answer out there, just your own answer

Posted by: terry ()
Date: April 28, 2016 19:48

If BV says keep the fall open then there must be a tour say in North America, as we in England call late summer autumn. So looks like the uk have to wait till 2017 for dates. Just my feeling.

Date: April 28, 2016 20:36

BV

Do you think there will be an actual mini tour again. Or just a Coachella?

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: April 28, 2016 21:46

When he says 'keep the Fall open' he's talking about more than a weekend.

Date: April 28, 2016 22:27

Fingers Crossed for Vegas, New Orleans and or a Texas Show!

It could happen

And I think it will be called the Miss "Miss You" Tour!

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: April 28, 2016 23:36

tatters
For me to get excited about seeing any of them again, it would probably require circumstances that are the exact opposite of this; like seeing them in a small venue, or having really great seats in a large one.

That's pretty much my concert-going mantra for all of my favorite acts from here out.

Date: April 29, 2016 00:31

Jah Paul
tatters
For me to get excited about seeing any of them again, it would probably require circumstances that are the exact opposite of this; like seeing them in a small venue, or having really great seats in a large one.

That's pretty much my concert-going mantra for all of my favorite acts from here out.

I agree...Coachella. I'll buy the video.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 29, 2016 02:09

I have no desire to bake in the desert for $1,000 to see artists i've already seen multiple times with the exception of Waters. And i'll pass on him, I just saw David Gilmour 3 times in a week and he was fantastic. The real draw at an event like this is if the artists guest with eachother. I'll be the first to admit that i'll be jealous if that happens in any major way.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 29, 2016 02:13

Bob Dylan will perform Like A Rolling Stone with The Stones.
The Stones will tour NA Oct/Nov.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 29, 2016 02:25

DREAMTIME
Bob Dylan will perform Like A Rolling Stone with The Stones.
Well, it wasn't too terrible last time....

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-29 02:25 by mnewman505.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 29, 2016 08:25

Neil Young and Sir Paul in Hyde Park, London 2009-06-27:

[www.youtube.com]

That's pretty special. Could see them doing that again.

Don't think Waters has played with any of The 2Who, although Daltrey played with David Gilmour in Columbia in 1992.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 30, 2016 00:51

On the Bob Dylan, The Who and Roger Waters's Facebook pages there's some short videos posted today mentioning "October" on it.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 30, 2016 23:03

Cristiano Radtke
On the Bob Dylan, The Who and Roger Waters's Facebook pages there's some short videos posted today mentioning "October" on it.

A new album in september and then Coachella...would be a dream! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 1, 2016 00:03

No I won't go to the festival too many people, I'll take some other cities please.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: May 1, 2016 18:48

At 1st, I wasn't up for this because I'm not much of a festival guy... BUUUUUUUT,... I started weighing it out...

Temps should be roughly, High 94F/34C; Low 65F/18C, with low humidity. A little toasty in the heat of the day, but not bad.
Most festivals have some groups you wouldn't want to hear under ANY conditions, but there's not a crappy act in the lot for this festival,IMO. I'd go see any of these musicians on their own. I'll get them all at once in one place.
There's a bit of an historic, 'I was there', vibe.
And, it sounds like fun. And my traveling concert buds started talking it up.

Think I'm going. Hotel is booked. We shall see.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 1, 2016 19:42

Cristiano Radtke

The Who, Bob Dylan + Roger Waters Post Videos Hinting That ‘Classic Rock Coachella’ Could Be Happening
By Dave Lifton April 30, 2016 10:02 AM

Coachella

It appears that the classic rock version of the Coachella Festival that was being rumored two weeks ago could be coming closer to reality. Although nothing has been officially announced, yesterday (April 29), three of the acts believed to be participating — the Who, Bob Dylan and Roger Waters — posted similar videos that suggested that something was brewing between them.

The 30-second teasers were all posted on their respective Facebook pages. Waters’ showed his flying pig in black and white and slow motion over Pink Floyd‘s “Brain Damage.” But the Who’s and Dylan’s featured archival footage over, respectively, “My Generation” and “Ballad of a Thin Man.” After all three, the word “October” appeared. It should be noted that Dylan’s video was cut to “Ballad of a Thin Man,’ from Highway 61 Revisited. In other words, something is happening, but we don’t know what it is. Do we, Mr. Jones?

Well, we may have an idea. Earlier this month, a report said that Goldenvoice Entertainment was looking to bring six classic rock artists to the Empire Polo Field in Indio, Calif. — where the Coachella Festival takes place — from Oct. 7-9. In addition to the three listed above, Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones and Neil Young are also believed to be involved in the three-day event. A week later, Roger Daltrey all-but confirmed the Who’s involvement when he said, “I think it’s us and Roger Waters on the same day. I mean, it’s a fantastic idea for a festival. It’s the greatest remains of our era. I’m glad we made it … I just hope a lot of normal fans can get tickets before they get snatched up.”

It has been suggested that each act’s fee will be approximately $7 million.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 1, 2016 23:00

There is no way each act is demanding $7M for this. Dylan NEVER makes that kind of money while say the Stones can. An even split doesn't make any sense unless there is some sort of friends agreement between the talent...and I REALLY doubt anyone shakes hands to cut out a few million for their own mates.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 2, 2016 01:57

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke

The Who, Bob Dylan + Roger Waters Post Videos Hinting That ‘Classic Rock Coachella’ Could Be Happening
By Dave Lifton April 30, 2016 10:02 AM

Coachella

It appears that the classic rock version of the Coachella Festival that was being rumored two weeks ago could be coming closer to reality. Although nothing has been officially announced, yesterday (April 29), three of the acts believed to be participating — the Who, Bob Dylan and Roger Waters — posted similar videos that suggested that something was brewing between them.

The 30-second teasers were all posted on their respective Facebook pages. Waters’ showed his flying pig in black and white and slow motion over Pink Floyd‘s “Brain Damage.” But the Who’s and Dylan’s featured archival footage over, respectively, “My Generation” and “Ballad of a Thin Man.” After all three, the word “October” appeared. It should be noted that Dylan’s video was cut to “Ballad of a Thin Man,’ from Highway 61 Revisited. In other words, something is happening, but we don’t know what it is. Do we, Mr. Jones?

Well, we may have an idea. Earlier this month, a report said that Goldenvoice Entertainment was looking to bring six classic rock artists to the Empire Polo Field in Indio, Calif. — where the Coachella Festival takes place — from Oct. 7-9. In addition to the three listed above, Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones and Neil Young are also believed to be involved in the three-day event. A week later, Roger Daltrey all-but confirmed the Who’s involvement when he said, “I think it’s us and Roger Waters on the same day. I mean, it’s a fantastic idea for a festival. It’s the greatest remains of our era. I’m glad we made it … I just hope a lot of normal fans can get tickets before they get snatched up.”

It has been suggested that each act’s fee will be approximately $7 million.

Now it's on Paul's page: [www.facebook.com]

Date: May 2, 2016 04:21

You keep just beating me Cristiano - LOL. Yep, Paul has October on his FB while playing I've Got a Feeling. Getting real!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 2, 2016 04:36

Thanks Cristiano and DEmerson - four down and two to go. thumbs up

The two most important 'holdouts' (from my perspective) need to get hip with the times and post a video on facebook!

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: May 2, 2016 10:55

Stones just posted October on FB.

Date: May 2, 2016 14:49

Yep - All Down the Line. Awesome!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 2, 2016 16:12

McCartney also posted October on Facebook.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 2, 2016 16:31

sdstonesguy
There is no way each act is demanding $7M for this. Dylan NEVER makes that kind of money while say the Stones can. An even split doesn't make any sense unless there is some sort of friends agreement between the talent...and I REALLY doubt anyone shakes hands to cut out a few million for their own mates.

Dylan can't even fill a good-sized theater anymore. I'd be surprised if his fee for a typical show is more than $100,000.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 2, 2016 16:44

jumpontopofmebaby
BV

Do you think there will be an actual mini tour again. Or just a Coachella?

My bet would be a short fall North American Tour.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 2, 2016 16:57

I want to see the Stones in a great old theater, or an arena. not at a festival in a desert.

that hasn't gone well for them, in the past..

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 2, 2016 17:43

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 2, 2016 21:57

Room booked, can not wait!
Ticket sales should get interesting...

As Mick would (will) say..
See you There!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 26