Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: LIVE ALBUM TALK: Sweet Summer Sun / Hyde Park Live
Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: April 30, 2016 17:05

Anyone know how you can get to hear the Japan bonus of Happy?

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 30, 2016 19:46

Blueranger
Happy is part of the official DVD, or maybe you refer to the CD?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 30, 2016 19:57

Testify
Blueranger
Happy is part of the official DVD, or maybe you refer to the CD?

There are actually five bonus tracks available to the Japanese, there are the three that were issued on the special bonus disc:
All Down The Line
Bitch
Beast Of Burden

And there are two tracks that were part of the Japanese "Sweet Summer Sun".
"Happy" was featured on the CD and a version of "Tumbling Dice" was featured on the DVD. This version is not the same as the one that was on the regular CD version having been recorded at the second Hyde Park gig.
My email address isn't hidden. winking smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-01 00:31 by Deltics.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 1, 2016 01:32

Don't know about the DVD, but the concert was great. Good weather and great spirit.

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: May 1, 2016 21:11

Why is there so often a Japanese bonus version?

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 2, 2016 17:59

MacLaurens

Good question ... I'm angry with that it is only available in Japan. I missed the Bonus CD on iTunes and failed to get it later on. And I would like to buy the LA Forum 75 version with the DVD show on CD separately, too. Ward Records is circumstantial and expensive ... if it is possible at all.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 2, 2016 18:15

MacLaurens

Ditto that! I was ticked when I found out the Japanese got IYCRM on Live Licks...Just one example...

Date: May 2, 2016 18:21

Just by coincidence, on my randomly shuffling Stones playlist, the Hyde Park version of BOB was just followed by the 1981 version from Rarities (b-side GTAGG single). I prefer the 81 version but was kind of impressed how good the HPL version was after all these years. But why does Keith mangle the once-beautiful second half of the opening lick? For guitarists, the C#m chord? Arthritic fingers can't do it anymore? It's not that hard to play...In some spots, Wood sort of covers it for him but oh, how I love that 1981 phased out guitar intro!

Date: May 2, 2016 18:35

HonkeyTonkFlash
Just by coincidence, on my randomly shuffling Stones playlist, the Hyde Park version of BOB was just followed by the 1981 version from Rarities (b-side GTAGG single). I prefer the 81 version but was kind of impressed how good the HPL version was after all these years. But why does Keith mangle the once-beautiful second half of the opening lick? For guitarists, the C#m chord? Arthritic fingers can't do it anymore? It's not that hard to play...In some spots, Wood sort of covers it for him but oh, how I love that 1981 phased out guitar intro!

I've got the same question about Keith and Hyde Park and the same feelings regarding the brilliant 81/82 intros.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-02 18:37 by RobertJohnson.

Date: May 2, 2016 18:49

RobertJohnson
HonkeyTonkFlash

I've got the same question about Keith and Hyde Park and the same feelings regarding the brilliant 81/82 intros.

Wasn't it also great how they jammed on this in 1981? Woody, then Ernie Watts, then Keith - all throwing their licks back and forth? For me, those were glory days!

Date: May 2, 2016 19:12

HonkeyTonkFlash
RobertJohnson
HonkeyTonkFlash

Wasn't it also great how they jammed on this in 1981? Woody, then Ernie Watts, then Keith - all throwing their licks back and forth? For me, those were glory days!

In fact, and a fantastic loud and proud guitar sound.

Date: May 6, 2016 00:00

Hyde Park has some good highlights; It's Only Rock and Roll, Ruby Tuesday, Emotional Rescue is nice for something different; Midnight Rambler is great, YCAGWYW is a strong version. SFM is good. On the other hand HTW sounds tepid...SFTD is so so...JJF seems a bit slow, but a lot of their songs are done slower in recent years.
Keith's set is nice.

Hyde Park Live As A Single Disc
Date: May 14, 2016 00:14

This was hard =

Side One
Start Me Up
It's Only Rock And Roll
Tumbling Dice
Ruby Tuesday
Before They Make Me Run

Side Two
Midnight Rambler
Gimme Shelter
Street Fighting Man
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction

Re: Hyde Park Live As A Single Disc
Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: May 14, 2016 13:28

this was easy, because i did it for me:

start me up
all down the line
emotional rescue
beast of burden
street fighting man
doom and gloom

you got the silver
before they make me run
happy
midnight rambler
miss you
you canĀ“t always get what you want

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 14, 2016 13:35

Side One

Start Me Up
It's Only Rock And Roll
Brown sugar
HTW
Happy

Side Two

Midnight Rambler
Gimme Shelter
Street Fighting Man
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction

Date: May 18, 2016 15:28

I've always been a bit slow to WATCH new Stones releases. I downloaded Hyde Park Live the day it came out and have always enjoyed it. I just now bought the film and watched it but was let down that they didn't include Emotional Rescue or even Tumbling Dice. Really enjoyed Midnight Rambler better than the one on HPL. A fun watch and they are still amazing at their ages! But Keith - I love him, but it's like he finally gave up drugs and aged a hundred years! Great to see him still doing his gig though.

Date: June 19, 2016 04:59

Just made a very enjoyable playlist by putting the first few tunes from HPL followed by all of SFL, then a couple more warhorses to close it out, kind of like how they presented most of Some Girls in 1978 sandwiched between some other hits...

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: June 19, 2016 20:50

HonkeyTonkFlash

It's really just pressing a finger over three strings.

I think Keith wanted it to sound a bit more Mayfield-esque when he started doing this in 1994..

Date: June 20, 2016 01:12

DandelionPowderman
HonkeyTonkFlash

It's really just pressing a finger over three strings.

I think Keith wanted it to sound a bit more Mayfield-esque when he started doing this in 1994..

Right, it is easy to play so I'd feel better knowing Keith was choosing to do this rather than having to change the lick due to declining abilities.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: February 2, 2019 03:34

I want to watch Tumbling Dice Video bonus

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home