Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Restored Child of the Moon Video
Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 6, 2016 15:15

I don't think it's been posted here previously.

Anyway, I saw this on Shidoobee.

[api.viglink.com]

Re: Restored Child of the Moon Video
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 6, 2016 15:34

It was posted in this thread: [www.iorr.org]

Date: April 6, 2016 16:35

Thanks, Koen.

I didn't realise Child of the Moon appeared further down in the thread.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 6, 2016 18:22

Harlem Shuffler
Thanks, Koen.

I didn't realise Child of the Moon appeared further down in the thread.

I had missed it too but someone emailed me a link. Easy download.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 6, 2016 19:39

Amazing video restauration job ! Great clip anyway and now looking beyond great. Really impressive restauration I must say.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 6, 2016 21:55

Never really seen it in its entirety. It's kind of disturbing. And what's with Brian? He obviously wasn't there at the shoot the rest of them were at. Another reason to be pissed at him?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 6, 2016 22:20

24FPS
Never really seen it in its entirety. It's kind of disturbing. And what's with Brian? He obviously wasn't there at the shoot the rest of them were at. Another reason to be pissed at him?

He was, but according to Michael Lindsay-Hogg he supposedly wandered off and got lost. grinning smiley

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: April 6, 2016 23:47

HIPNOTIC

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 7, 2016 00:41

His Majesty
24FPS

He was, but according to Michael Lindsay-Hogg he supposedly wandered off and got lost. grinning smiley

Which might say something about band relations at that point. The hard core 4 couldn't be bothered to wait, even if it screwed up the video.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: April 8, 2016 01:26

Brilliant! One of my favs

Posted by: HamburgerToGo ()
Date: April 8, 2016 01:50

Very, Very Nice.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 8, 2016 02:55

barbabang
Amazing video restauration job ! Great clip anyway and now looking beyond great. Really impressive restauration I must say.

restoration.

Restauration would be if he ate it.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: April 8, 2016 05:24

Fanbloodytastic !

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 8, 2016 05:39

Who were the women?

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 8, 2016 11:33

Love it!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 8, 2016 11:42

The restoration beggars the question - why is this being done now. Are the Stones finally going to release a compilation DVD/Blu-Ray of their promos?

With The Beatles having released their own promo anthology last year - maybe the Stones have finally decided that it's now or never.

Anyone know who restored this and the Jumping Jack Flash film?

Bring it on.

Date: April 8, 2016 15:01

Silver Dagger
The restoration beggars the question - why is this being done now. Are the Stones finally going to release a compilation DVD/Blu-Ray of their promos?

With The Beatles having released their own promo anthology last year - maybe the Stones have finally decided that it's now or never.

Bring it on.

It's showing at Exhibitionism or, at least, part of it is. I remember seeing some of it but didn't hang around long enough to see if it appears in its entirety as I knew it's available on line. It may be just for the exhibition - who knows? It seems to me that they should have released a DVD of promos years ago now that you can see them all on the Internet.
It's hard to think that they missed out on another chance to make money from their back catalogue though...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 8, 2016 15:50

Harlem Shuffler
Silver Dagger

Bring it on.

It's showing at Exhibitionism or, at least, part of it is. I remember seeing some of it but didn't hang around long enough to see if it appears in its entirety as I knew it's available on line. It may be just for the exhibition - who knows? It seems to me that they should have released a DVD of promos years ago now that you can see them all on the Internet.
It's hard to think that they missed out on another chance to make money from their back catalogue though...

Cheers for that Harlem. The Stones are a canny money-making machine these days and I'm sure a DVD compilation is under discussion if not in progress.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: April 8, 2016 15:58

Disturbing... Great video! Now I'm afraid of Brian looking at me from behind every tree

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: April 8, 2016 16:32

From "Heart of Stone; The Unauthorized Life of Mick Jagger", author Laura Jackson, Smith-Gryphon Pub., 1997 :

The next day (after the JJF promo clips), the Stones and Eileen Atkins, then a young actress, got together to finish filming footage for 'Child of the Moon'.

"We went into the country for the shoot," says Lindsay-Hogg. "In addition to Eileen, we also had a child, and Mick and Keith were to appear on horseback at one point."

"It was filmed in Epping Forest," Eileen Atkins recalls. "I was paid fifty quid for an afternoon's work, and it was all rather glamorous to be working with the Rolling Stones. I was impressed with Mick that day, and I do recall that I did my first take very badly indeed. Michael gently said, 'I don't think we want it quite like that. Let's do it again,' and Mick never gave the slightest clue that he thought I'd just been terrible. He was very charming, and I came to the conclusion that he did have a brain after all."When filming ended it was minus one scene.

"Brian was to have been filmed in a tree," says Lindsay-Hogg, but when the time came, we couldn't find him. He had wandered off and got lost."

The atmosphere between Jagger and Jones was noticeable to the director who admits, "I don't want to use the word ostracized, but Brian annoyed Mick, that's for sure."

It had gone beyond annoyance. Lately, a few guitarists, including Eric Clapton, had been brought in to the studio to contribute, which Jones took as an insult. He had cleaned up and regained enough confidence to confront Jagger about it.

Jagger began to develop his own ambitions. There had often been talk of a Stones film, which never had been realized, but Jagger had a real desire to act and at this point almost got his first part.

"Michael Lindsay-Hogg was a friend of mine," says Eileen Atkins, and at the time I took part in the 'Child of the Moon" clip, he and I were about to do Elecktra on TV. I said with Michael that it might be a fresh idea to work with people not normally associated with this kind of thing. I suggested we ask Mick Jagger to play Orestes, and Michael was all for it. But then over the next couple of weeks we had second thoughts. Mick was great as a Rolling Stone, but we just couldn't see him handling Greek tregedy."

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: April 8, 2016 19:14

Great!
I had never seen this video before!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 8, 2016 19:48

2000 LYFH

"Michael Lindsay-Hogg was a friend of mine," says Eileen Atkins, and at the time I took part in the 'Child of the Moon" clip, he and I were about to do Elecktra on TV. I said with Michael that it might be a fresh idea to work with people not normally associated with this kind of thing. I suggested we ask Mick Jagger to play Orestes, and Michael was all for it. But then over the next couple of weeks we had second thoughts. Mick was great as a Rolling Stone, but we just couldn't see him handling Greek tregedy."

[screenplaystv.wordpress.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home